Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 66 UConn 56

Featured Replies

:lol2:

 

Some people are just natural haters.

 

That's just a pet peeve of mine. I'm tired of all the arguing over who would win a game that may never take place. So stupid.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's just a pet peeve of mine. I'm tired of all the arguing over who would win a game that may never take place. So stupid.

 

My post wasn't directed at you, FWIW.

Okafor is a great player.

But from the games I've seen him play he has a habit of hooking the player guarding him to gain an avenue to the basket, and it's never called on him. He's lethal enough scoring around the goal but if he's allowed to do that it gives a guy his size and touch an extra advantage. If I were opposing coaches I would definitely point that out to refs a few times during the game.

 

Okafor is the best player in the country IMO, but he does hook a lot (see Grizzly's avatar). I've noticed Karl Towns does the same thing & has been whistled for it a few times.

 

He's so skilled in the paint, but I agree with HT that he'll get the free throw thing figured out. I enjoy watching him play.

I am a huge UK fan but I think Okafor is special. He is without question the best player in college basketball. I am not sure he translates to the best pro because the game is going away from traditional bigs it seems, but that does not negate the fact that he is a special college player.

 

I don't see why the UK fans are so quick to point out flaws in his game. He is very skilled and a brute of a player. But for some reason UK fans harp on his short comings. Shaquille also shot free throws poorly and worked out ok. As a college basketball fan I am happy to see Duke and UK playing at the level they are. Helps the game overall IMO

Crazy how 1 game changes opinions. 8 hours ago its 1a UK 1b Duke, Duke beats defending national champions by 10 on neutral floor (yes I realize it's not the same team) and suddenly Duke would have to be hot to win, even then its a long shot. Comical.

 

You may or may not trust the Vegas guys but I sure do. Currently UK is an 11-10 favorite to win the title, 11-10!. Duke is has 8-1 odds to win the tournament, UK is 6-1 to go undefeated. My point is the 1a/1b stuff is only in your head. Doesn't mean Duke isn't quality or UK is an automatic but they are 1 & 2 not 1a and 1b at this moment.

 

For the record, I think Okafor is a great post player but you cannot say that 50% is an exceptable free throw percentage.

I don't see why the UK fans are so quick to point out flaws in his game. He is very skilled and a brute of a player. But for some reason UK fans harp on his short comings.

 

Because he plays for Duke. End of story.

I am a huge UK fan but I think Okafor is special. He is without question the best player in college basketball. I am not sure he translates to the best pro because the game is going away from traditional bigs it seems, but that does not negate the fact that he is a special college player.

 

I don't see why the UK fans are so quick to point out flaws in his game. He is very skilled and a brute of a player. But for some reason UK fans harp on his short comings. Shaquille also shot free throws poorly and worked out ok. As a college basketball fan I am happy to see Duke and UK playing at the level they are. Helps the game overall IMO

 

I don't believe that most people are disputing he is a great post player but how can anyone make an arguement that 50% is a good free throw shooter? I don't care if the guy is 10' tall, 50% is poor.

 

Just like Shaq, he was a dominate player but a bad shooter from the line.

Because he plays for Duke. End of story.

 

Man people are sensitive. He shoots 50% from the line, that is a fact, period, end of story. I don't see anyone saying anything else negative about his game.

 

Please note that the first mention of UK in this thread was a Duke fan saying they would be UK in the tournament. Which somehow changes the FACT that Okafor currently is a 50% free throw shooter which is odd given his enormous talent and superior touch around the basket, which is something Shaq lacked.

 

How does pointing that out make someone a hater?

Man people are sensitive. He shoots 50% from the line, that is a fact, period, end of story. I don't see anyone saying anything else negative about his game.

 

Just out of curiosity, what would you set your level at for good free throw shooting from a big?

:lol2:

 

Some people are just natural haters.

 

Because he plays for Duke. End of story.

 

I had to leave the thread. I was getting swarmed.

I had to leave the thread. I was getting swarmed.

 

You don't need to explain to me brother... I don't even know why I posted, to be honest.

Just out of curiosity, what would you set your level at for good free throw shooting from a big?

 

Before doing so I would like for you to define big because most are going to point to Shaq and Wilt and their poor free throw shooting. Okafor compared to those guys isn't as big compared to his contemporaries.

 

Look I think he is a 15 year NBA guy.

How many minutes you get last night?

 

4 minutes. 2 minutes more than Grayson.

Bookmarking this post.

 

Bookmark it, screenshot it, snapshot it. It's gonna happen. :D

I had to leave the thread. I was getting swarmed.

 

My bad. I fell asleep.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.