Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 66 UConn 56

Featured Replies

Then why can't he hit "free throws."

 

It's a free shot, unguarded. He shoots 50% from the line, thats bad. At the very least, it debunks your theory that he is automatic from 10 feet out.

 

I dont know if you are joking or if you're serious right now :lol2:

Edited by PurplePride92

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I seriously doubt that they will play in April. One of the two will lose before then. Based on recent history I expect duke won't hold up to their end of the deal...again.

 

I will make the point of UK not making the tournament. What your reply would be the same as mine. 2 completely different teams, 2 completely different years.

 

I dont know if you are joking or if you're serious right now :lol2:

 

How could I be joking with you when I am.stating a fact. The kid shoots 50% from the free throw line. If he struggles that much on a free throw, I would have a hard time believing he's automatic from 10 feet out. Like I said, he's a great player, bit his game is in the post, no where else.

Edited by PurplePride92

 

I will make the point of UK not making the tournament. What your reply would be the same as mine. 2 completely different teams, 2 completely different years.

 

Honestly that was a bad uk team, especially once they lost Noel. Duke always makes the tourney, but usually dissapoints lately. What are we looking at now, 2 first round losses out of the last three? This would have obviously been their year, except for one problem... Kentucky.

Whatever you want to tell yourself. We're going to beat UK in April. You'll be mad at that soft touch then. Get mentally prepared.

If Duke and UK meet, he will have some problems. UK doesn't have to double team him, but they probably still would. And they can afford to pound on him and collect fouls because of their depth and his poor FT shooting. Duke would have to be insanely hot from the outside to beat them...not impossible, but still a major challenge. Put it this way, anything can happen in one game...but KY wins in a series for sure.

The one game thing makes it exciting though... Going back to the Laettner game back in the early 90's....UK had no business hanging with Duke that year, but they did until the last second.

So, I hope they do meet this year just for us fans. :)

If Duke and UK meet, he will have some problems. UK doesn't have to double team him, but they probably still would. And they can afford to pound on him and collect fouls because of their depth and his poor FT shooting. Duke would have to be insanely hot from the outside to beat them...not impossible, but still a major challenge. Put it this way, anything can happen in one game...but KY wins in a series for sure.

The one game thing makes it exciting though... Going back to the Laettner game back in the early 90's....UK had no business hanging with Duke that year, but they did until the last second.

So, I hope they do meet this year just for us fans. :)

 

Crazy how 1 game changes opinions. 8 hours ago its 1a UK 1b Duke, Duke beats defending national champions by 10 on neutral floor (yes I realize it's not the same team) and suddenly Duke would have to be hot to win, even then its a long shot. Comical.

 

Crazy how 1 game changes opinions. 8 hours ago its 1a UK 1b Duke, Duke beats defending national champions by 10 on neutral floor (yes I realize it's not the same team) and suddenly Duke would have to be hot to win, even then its a long shot. Comical.

 

Huh? Your saying Duke was tied for first place in the polls? That's funny since UK received all of the first place votes.

Crazy how 1 game changes opinions. 8 hours ago its 1a UK 1b Duke, Duke beats defending national champions by 10 on neutral floor (yes I realize it's not the same team) and suddenly Duke would have to be hot to win, even then its a long shot. Comical.

My opinion never changed...I've never felt Duke is on UK's level this year. I did say, and truly believe the Duke's defense overall looks better this year. Still doesn't look like a championship defense to me, but there's a lot of time between now and March for them to get even better on that end of the floor. So we'll see.

Mainly all I'm saying is, from what I've seen so far... UK can beat more teams having an off night offensively than Duke can. Again, just my early observation.

^^^ to clarify, I mean Duke's defense looks better than Duke's defense did last year. That could've read like I was saying it's better than UK's.... Which it's not, not even close.

Okafor is a great player.

But from the games I've seen him play he has a habit of hooking the player guarding him to gain an avenue to the basket, and it's never called on him. He's lethal enough scoring around the goal but if he's allowed to do that it gives a guy his size and touch an extra advantage. If I were opposing coaches I would definitely point that out to refs a few times during the game.

With such a "soft" touch, most would expect him to shoot better than 50% from the free throw line.

 

Yeah because so many big men shoot free throws at an amazing percentage.

 

He will figure it out, that's a decent stroke.

Whatever you want to tell yourself. We're going to beat UK in April. You'll be mad at that soft touch then. Get mentally prepared.

 

Bookmarking this post.

Whatever you want to tell yourself. We're going to beat UK in April. You'll be mad at that soft touch then. Get mentally prepared.

 

How many minutes you get last night?

How many beers you drink last night?

 

Fixed it for you.

:lol2:

 

Some people are just natural haters.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.