Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 66 UConn 56

Featured Replies

#ownit

 

Exactly. :lol2:

 

I own my hate. Word.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okafor will be the #1 pick. At 50% Okafor is not a very good free throw shooter. Duke is, IMO, the only team that can beat Kentucky. (Although either team could lose to someone else along the way)

 

To debate who will win is a waste of time.

 

Okafor sucks at free throws. He still has a soft touch though. #what

 

Duke will beat UK.

 

The only debates that are a waste of time are the ones that I choose not to be in. :D

Okafor sucks at free throws. He still has a soft touch though. #what

 

Duke will beat UK.

 

The only debates that are a waste of time are the ones that I choose not to be in. :D

 

Ironically, those are also the best ones.............. #boomroasted

What I meant by "big" was front court player. I think most would agree that fits.

 

Cousins is a huge man with nice touch and he shoots 72.2% for his career so I will go with him.

Not a good comparison.

 

The statement was a simple one. Okafor has a soft touch.

 

The reply was: if he has such a soft touch why is he shooting less than 50% from the line?

 

If the statement was Okafor is having an awesome year and likely the top pick in the draft next year but he needs to work on his FTs like Deandre Jordan then no biggie. To nitpick around the words "soft touch" and twist it and apply it to his FT shooting is hating.

 

If you say WCS is having a great year and then I say yeah but all he can do is block shots and dunk the ball then that is me hating on WCS.

 

But that isn't all WCS can do, it's not a factual statement. To say Okafor is a 50% free throw shooter is a factual statement. How can stating a statical fact be hating? I really don't care where he is projected to be drafted.

 

I will say that a statement made later in the thread was a more of a "hate" statement. Someone said he can't score outside of two feet, which isn't true.

Ironically, those are also the best ones.............. #boomroasted

 

I hate you.

 

:lol2:

But that isn't all WCS can do, it's not a factual statement. To say Okafor is a 50% free throw shooter is a factual statement. How can stating a statical fact be hating? I really don't care where he is projected to be drafted.

 

I will say that a statement made later in the thread was a more of a "hate" statement. Someone said he can't score outside of two feet, which isn't true.

 

 

I wasn't trying to make a factual statement about WCS. I was just trying to make an analogy to prove my point. Nevermind now though. I'm going to watch some high school ball and I have lost interest in this thread. Duke being better than UK is boring at this point.

Other big men with a soft touch and their free throw percentage

 

Robert Parrish 72.2

Patrick Ewing 74

Pau Gasolv 75

Marc Gasol 75

Horford 74

Noah 72

I wasn't trying to make a factual statement about WCS. I was just trying to make an analogy to prove my point. Nevermind now though. I'm going to watch some high school ball and I have lost interest in this thread. Duke being better than UK is boring at this point.

 

We sure don't want to cloud the situation with facts.

 

8-1

 

You might want to grab those odds since you are so confident. Ceasars just filed bankruptcy so they could use your money.

  • Author

To be clear: when I said he had soft touch, I meant around the rim. When I hear 'soft touch', I think of a big man who is overpowering but can still finesse a shot after making a brute move, not him setting up at the free throw line for an uncontested shot.

 

I'm as big of a UK fan as there is. Double major and Masters from UK. Wear UK gear all the time in Texas (like anyone even cares). Fact is, Okafor is the best player in college and easily the #1 pick in the draft. IF UK had him on their team this year, I'd take the Vegas bet that they go undefeated.

 

Not a good comparison.

 

The statement was a simple one. Okafor has a soft touch.

 

The reply was: if he has such a soft touch why is he shooting less than 50% from the line?

 

If the statement was Okafor is having an awesome year and likely the top pick in the draft next year but he needs to work on his FTs like Deandre Jordan then no biggie. To nitpick around the words "soft touch" and twist it and apply it to his FT shooting is hating.

 

If you say WCS is having a great year and then I say yeah but all he can do is block shots and dunk the ball then that is me hating on WCS.

 

I was just having a little fun with you guys, like you all do in the UK threads. Honestly I believe Okafor is the best player in college. But I wasn't lying when I said he's a bad free throw shooter, that's about the only thing he needs to work on though. I also don't believe he's "automatic" from 10 feet out, but that's ok, since he doesn't need to shoot from that distance.

I was just having a little fun with you guys, like you all do in the UK threads. Honestly I believe Okafor is the best player in college. But I wasn't lying when I said he's a bad free throw shooter, that's about the only thing he needs to work on though. I also don't believe he's "automatic" from 10 feet out, but that's ok, since he doesn't need to shoot from that distance.

 

I'm always playing around. I have a blast.

 

I'm always playing around. I have a blast.

 

Good to hear.. Some of you guys need not take me so seriously (not implying that "you" do) I'm just playing around too. I do generally have a valid point when I stir the pot though.

Good to hear.. Some of you guys need not take me so seriously (not implying that "you" do) I'm just playing around too. I do generally have a valid point when I stir the pot though.

 

 

Same here. I have way too much fun in here. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.