Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Dalton Scale

Featured Replies

Yup, Andy Dalton - Cream of the Crap.

I always shake my head when I see the comment "great talent" and the Bengals. Andy Dalton has one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL to throw to. AJ Green is great and that is it. What do the Bengals have at receiver besides AJ? I am sure some of you will want to talk about Sanu ... has he even suited up the last couple weeks? He is a slot/possession receiver at best with most NFL teams. What other NFL team would he be the #2 receiver on?

  • Author
I always shake my head when I see the comment "great talent" and the Bengals. Andy Dalton has one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL to throw to. AJ Green is great and that is it. What do the Bengals have at receiver besides AJ? I am sure some of you will want to talk about Sanu ... has he even suited up the last couple weeks? He is a slot/possession receiver at best with most NFL teams. What other NFL team would he be the #2 receiver on?

Pittsburgh, Cleveland

I always shake my head when I see the comment "great talent" and the Bengals. Andy Dalton has one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL to throw to. AJ Green is great and that is it. What do the Bengals have at receiver besides AJ? I am sure some of you will want to talk about Sanu ... has he even suited up the last couple weeks? He is a slot/possession receiver at best with most NFL teams. What other NFL team would he be the #2 receiver on?

 

Jets, Dolphins, Jags, Titans, Raiders, Chiefs, Vikings, Panthers, Giants, Rams, Seahawks,

  • Author

[TABLE=class: team-stats-receiving]

[TR]

[TH]Player[/TH]

[TH]Rec[/TH]

[TH]Yds[/TH]

[TH]Yds/Rec[/TH]

[TH]Long[/TH]

[TH]TD[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR=class: loop-first loop-odd]

[TD]A.J. Green[/TD]

[TD=class: loop-even]61[/TD]

[TD]959[/TD]

[TD=class: loop-even]15.7[/TD]

[TD]81[/TD]

[TD=class: loop-even loop-last]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: loop-even]

[TD=class: loop-first loop-odd]Mohamed Sanu[/TD]

[TD]54[/TD]

[TD=class: loop-odd]758[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD=class: loop-odd]76[/TD]

[TD=class: loop-last]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

 

Not sure why the angst towards Sanu but those numbers aren't shabby. Come on VOR.

I always shake my head when I see the comment "great talent" and the Bengals. Andy Dalton has one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL to throw to. AJ Green is great and that is it. What do the Bengals have at receiver besides AJ? I am sure some of you will want to talk about Sanu ... has he even suited up the last couple weeks? He is a slot/possession receiver at best with most NFL teams. What other NFL team would he be the #2 receiver on?

 

Overall this year he hasn't had all the talent he should have to throw to. I have said it all year even when Sanu was going off. If Marvin Jones is healthy then Marvin Jones is the second best receiver on the team not Sanu. Which Sanu as the third receiver is great! Then if they had Eifert that would be another huge talent to throw to. So yes when healthy Dalton would have a very talented group besides Green. Just look at last year the Bengals were one if the top passing offenses and finished in the top ten in overall offense and Dalton threw 30 plus touchdowns. So I see what you are saying, but even with the injuries this is not the worst receiving core to throw to this year.

I always shake my head when I see the comment "great talent" and the Bengals. Andy Dalton has one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL to throw to. AJ Green is great and that is it. What do the Bengals have at receiver besides AJ? I am sure some of you will want to talk about Sanu ... has he even suited up the last couple weeks? He is a slot/possession receiver at best with most NFL teams. What other NFL team would he be the #2 receiver on?

 

It's not just WR though. He has a VERY solid running game and very solid line as well as the 2nd best WR in the NFL right now. There is a good amount of talent around him.

I'm no expert, but I've always thought of Dalton as being right in the middle of the apck.

I'm no expert, but I've always thought of Dalton as being right in the middle of the apck.

 

The article was pretty much exactly right. Which is why it puts the Bengals in such a tough position with him and why they basically had to give him that extension. He is not in the top tier of QB's, however he is not in the bottom half. He really can look really good and equally as bad. For a QB who has sucked under the spot light, he has done what people want QB's to the rest of the time and that is win games. It is so frustrating because he does just good enough where its hard to just get rid of him, unless you know you have someone that will at least do just as well. However its hard to stick with him when the ultimate goal is the Super Bowl. Do you hope he figures it out eventually in the big games, or do you move on and hope a change doesn't completely kill the window of opportunity the Bengals are in. I think the contract he got was perfect for this, because for him to get all that money he needs to win when it matters most, if not we can get rid of him after next year.

My thought about Andy Dalton

 

If your team is up 28 points then I can trust Andy Dalton to hand the ball off until the final whistle to preserve the win...most of the time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.