Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Healthy Dog to be Put Down Today to Honor Deceased Owner's Wishes

Featured Replies

  • Author

My rule is once you name it, it's a pet. If it's a pet, you don't eat it.

  • Replies 114
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My rule is once you name it, it's a pet. If it's a pet, you don't eat it.

 

Kind of. I'd name a pig and still eat him. Probably name him Bacon or something like that. :D

Those people are weird. Why would anyone have a pet chicken or cow? Two different things. When I can go to the pet store and buy a cow or chicken holler at your boy.

You didn't answer the question, LOL :D

 

I don't know why people have cats, but they do. People have cows and chickens as pets, and pigs, and sheep, etc.

 

Pet store? What the heck is that?

You didn't answer the question, LOL :D

 

I don't know why people have cats, but they do. People have cows and chickens as pets, and pigs, and sheep, etc.

 

Pet store? What the heck is that?

 

 

:lol2:

 

Fine. I'll answer the question.

 

Yes, people who own chickens and cows as pets should be allowed to kill them and fry them and grill them accordingly. I know I would. Love me some fried chicken. Word.

 

I'm with you on cats.

 

I haven't seen a pet store in a while but I can recall visiting many pets stores in my life. You've never heard of or seen pet stores before?

Here's my view, and it's not pragmatic, and it defies strict logic, and I make no apologies. :D

 

The mistreatment of any animal (dogs, horses, cats in particular) angers me to no end. To end the life of an animal for no other reason than a whim or cruelty is absolutely out of the question. I understand killing an animal for food (but not any of those I specifically listed). I understand humanely euthanizing an animal that has disease, injury or great illness that causes great pain or in which the cost to relieve the pain is so great the owner can't accommodate it. Heck, I had to have my Lucky euthanized because he had tumors on spleen that had ruptured and were bleeding into his abdominal cavity. I could have taken him home, but he likely wouldn't have lived the night, and he was in great pain. I could have opted for surgery, but at a cost of almost $5,000, and an additional life afterward of only about 3 months, if he made it through the surgery, I couldn't afford it...besides literally not having $5,000 for ANYTHING. It tore me up to no end. I had a plan for him, just as I have a plan for my Buddy and Levi, in case something happens to me. I've already identified and gotten agreement from the chosen ones to take ownership and provide a good life for them beyond me. It would be completely selfish of me to want them to die with me. Unlike most people, I DO believe dogs (in particular) have souls. Cats, I'm not really a fan of at all. But I still don't think the soulless little creatures should be subject to the whimsey of humans. Like I said, if there's a reason an animal must die, that's one thing. But those are limited and few.

 

Now....go ahead...call me what you want. I have been this way all my life and I (again) make no apologies. :D

Kind of. I'd name a pig and still eat him. Probably name him Bacon or something like that. :D

 

Logical. :lol2: I was just thinking about pigs as I wrote my other post. But...it does fit into my personal logic. :D

Those people are weird. Why would anyone have a pet chicken or cow? Two different things. When I can go to the pet store and buy a cow or chicken holler at your boy.

 

I used to make pets out of the Black Angus bulls my grandfather raised to sell for slaughter. Used to annoy my grandparents to no end. :lol2: I spent the summers there, feeding them apples and such. Then, when I wasn't there, and they'd grown quite big, they'd come barging through the fence into the yard looking for me. I wonder how much time and money my grandfather spent fixing the fence around the yard. :lol2:

Here's my view, and it's not pragmatic, and it defies strict logic, and I make no apologies. :D

 

The mistreatment of any animal (dogs, horses, cats in particular) angers me to no end. To end the life of an animal for no other reason than a whim or cruelty is absolutely out of the question. I understand killing an animal for food (but not any of those I specifically listed). I understand humanely euthanizing an animal that has disease, injury or great illness that causes great pain or in which the cost to relieve the pain is so great the owner can't accommodate it. Heck, I had to have my Lucky euthanized because he had tumors on spleen that had ruptured and were bleeding into his abdominal cavity. I could have taken him home, but he likely wouldn't have lived the night, and he was in great pain. I could have opted for surgery, but at a cost of almost $5,000, and an additional life afterward of only about 3 months, if he made it through the surgery, I couldn't afford it...besides literally not having $5,000 for ANYTHING. It tore me up to no end. I had a plan for him, just as I have a plan for my Buddy and Levi, in case something happens to me. I've already identified and gotten agreement from the chosen ones to take ownership and provide a good life for them beyond me. It would be completely selfish of me to want them to die with me. Unlike most people, I DO believe dogs (in particular) have souls. Cats, I'm not really a fan of at all. But I still don't think the soulless little creatures should be subject to the whimsey of humans. Like I said, if there's a reason an animal must die, that's one thing. But those are limited and few.

 

Now....go ahead...call me what you want. I have been this way all my life and I (again) make no apologies. :D

 

This is me. :thumb:

Here's my view, and it's not pragmatic, and it defies strict logic, and I make no apologies. :D

 

The mistreatment of any animal (dogs, horses, cats in particular) angers me to no end. To end the life of an animal for no other reason than a whim or cruelty is absolutely out of the question. I understand killing an animal for food (but not any of those I specifically listed). I understand humanely euthanizing an animal that has disease, injury or great illness that causes great pain or in which the cost to relieve the pain is so great the owner can't accommodate it. Heck, I had to have my Lucky euthanized because he had tumors on spleen that had ruptured and were bleeding into his abdominal cavity. I could have taken him home, but he likely wouldn't have lived the night, and he was in great pain. I could have opted for surgery, but at a cost of almost $5,000, and an additional life afterward of only about 3 months, if he made it through the surgery, I couldn't afford it...besides literally not having $5,000 for ANYTHING. It tore me up to no end. I had a plan for him, just as I have a plan for my Buddy and Levi, in case something happens to me. I've already identified and gotten agreement from the chosen ones to take ownership and provide a good life for them beyond me. It would be completely selfish of me to want them to die with me. Unlike most people, I DO believe dogs (in particular) have souls. Cats, I'm not really a fan of at all. But I still don't think the soulless little creatures should be subject to the whimsey of humans. Like I said, if there's a reason an animal must die, that's one thing. But those are limited and few.

 

Now....go ahead...call me what you want. I have been this way all my life and I (again) make no apologies. :D

Dogs have souls and cats don't. Whew that is a whole 'nother topic of discussion, sister. LOL
:lol2:

 

Fine. I'll answer the question.

 

Yes, people who own chickens and cows as pets should be allowed to kill them and fry them and grill them accordingly. I know I would. Love me some fried chicken. Word.

 

I'm with you on cats.

 

I haven't seen a pet store in a while but I can recall visiting many pets stores in my life. You've never heard of or seen pet stores before?

Your whole stance is completely based on emotion, not logic. That's fine, just wanted to know what I was dealing with here. :D
Your whole stance is completely based on emotion, not logic. That's fine, just wanted to know what I was dealing with here. :D

 

I'm not always logical or rational but I will tell you how I feel and I will tell you why I feel that way. That's the best I can offer. :D

So, was this poor, little, innocent puppy murdered or what?

 

I never did see the outcome.

  • Author

Made it to Utah or wherever he was going and is alive today as far as I know.

Dogs have souls and cats don't. Whew that is a whole 'nother topic of discussion, sister. LOL

 

Those of us who also love horses could throw them into the discussion as well. It is a really interesting and challenging discussion when we throw in the many different global cultures.

 

I think most of us agree that it is good that the lady did consider an end of life plan to place her dog....most of us would have liked euthanasia to be way down the list instead of an either/or.

Best Friends Animal Society in Utah is an unbelievable place. My daughter interned there when she was becoming a vet. However, it is possible the dog could be adopted from there as they do place animals when they can. I wonder how that fit into the will?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.