Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Healthy Dog to be Put Down Today to Honor Deceased Owner's Wishes

Featured Replies

  • Author
Anyone have a link to a donation page?

 

I haven't seen anything regarding but will post if I find.

  • Replies 114
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure why this is controversial.

I see both sides of this.

 

1. It's a perfectly healthy animal and it seems quite cruel to put her down for no reason.

 

2. What the owner did is perfectly legal and her will should be carried out.

 

I wouldn't make the same decision as the deceased but I can also sympathize with her thinking. In all reality had this provision not been in the will --- and made national news --- there is a good chance the dog would not have found an owner and been euthanized in a shelter. My hope is two things, that a) enough funds are quickly raised and the dog can live out it's life in Utah as the owner wished and b) this will cause more pet owners to put a provision for safe housing for their pets if they pass away. I know it's made me realize I need to ensure Simba will be taken care of if I pass.

I am not sure why this is controversial.
Legally it's not. But many people love their pets dearly and killing a living creature for seemingly no good reason strikes an emotional chord.

 

I'm not comparing the two morally, but abortion is perfectly legal and it causes quite the controversy.

 

In short, something that is legal can still be controversial...

I don't care if it was in the will or not, putting down a dog that is healthy and has no behavior problems is wrong period. The owner was selfish in wanting to kill the pet simply because they died.

 

Let the dog live, it's not like it's against the law or anything like that, a will is a request. If someone put in a Will that when they die they want their spouse to be killed also? Would that be ok?

  • Author
I don't care if it was in the will or not, putting down a dog that is healthy and has no behavior problems is wrong period. The owner was selfish in wanting to kill the pet simply because they died.

 

Let the dog live, it's not like it's against the law or anything like that, a will is a request. If someone put in a Will that when they die they want their spouse to be killed also? Would that be ok?

 

In my previous marriage, I'd be all over that but I'm not sure a lawyer is going to sign off on that request in a will. :lol2:

Wake me when people start caring more about the rights of an unborn child than that of a dog.

Call me insensitive, but as long as there is global poverty and innocent lives are being taken away through abortion and wars, not I find it difficult (for me) to get worked up about an animal.

 

Jmo.

  • Author

We are all God's creatures.

Call me insensitive, but as long as there is global poverty and innocent lives are being taken away through abortion and wars, not I find it difficult (for me) to get worked up about an animal.

 

Jmo.

 

You don't have enough compassion in your heart for all those things at the same time? Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on the idea that it sickens me when people grant the level of compassion to animals that should be afforded to humans alone, but I don't think we're doing one at the expense of the other.

If this woman's will had been carried out how would it be any different from aything Michael Vick did or financed?

  • Author
If this woman's will had been carried out how would it be any different from aything Michael Vick did or financed?

 

Ah, leave my boy Vick out of this! He paid his debt to society!

If this woman's will had been carried out how would it be any different from aything Michael Vick did or financed?

 

Fighting dogs is especially violent and cruel. In the end, killing an innocent thing for sport or because it's simply convenient for you isn't great, but at least the dog would've received an injection and not felt any pain.

Call me insensitive, but as long as there is global poverty and innocent lives are being taken away through abortion and wars, not I find it difficult (for me) to get worked up about an animal.

 

Jmo.

 

People that make these statements are usually apathetic and don't do anything to help either situation. And...they like to criticize those who help animals, not necessarily getting the fact that those who help those who cannot speak for themselves are usually very active in supporting causes to help people also.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.