Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Healthy Dog to be Put Down Today to Honor Deceased Owner's Wishes

Featured Replies

Nah, I get it. I just fundamentally disagree with it.
So where do you stand? Should we never be allowed to take the life of an animal?
  • Replies 114
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So where do you stand? Should we never be allowed to take the life of an animal?

 

 

I stand that if a perfectly healthy dog can be killed because the owner said "kill my dog when I die" then Michael Vick should have been allowed to fight his perfectly healthy dogs as well. Killing healthy dogs is killing healthy dogs whether you euthanize them or bet money on their ability to fight another dog. To me it's all the same if they are treated as property.

I stand that if a perfectly healthy dog can be killed because the owner said "kill my dog when I die" then Michael Vick should have been allowed to fight his perfectly healthy dogs as well. Killing healthy dogs is killing healthy dogs whether you euthanize them or bet money on their ability to fight another dog. To me it's all the same if they are treated as property.

 

Listen I'm not saying I lost sleep over what Vick did. But the problem he had was more to do with illegal gambling , interstate commerce violations and I belive drugs as well .

 

If it were just a couple buddies fighting dogs he never sees jail. But he ran a large illegal gambling organzation.

Listen I'm not saying I lost sleep over what Vick did. But the problem he had was more to do with illegal gambling , interstate commerce violations and I belive drugs as well .

 

If it were just a couple buddies fighting dogs he never sees jail. But he ran a large illegal gambling organzation.

 

 

Yes. With his property, correct?

Yes. With his property, correct?

 

Yes. But the gambling and other issues made it bigger than that.

Maybe it's just me, but killing a healthy dog (regardless of how it's done) seems pretty cruel IMO.

 

I agree with PP. If that's allowed, then Vick shouldn't have ever got in trouble.

Yes. But the gambling and other issues made it bigger than that.

 

 

To the larger point nobody cared about any of the other issues. Folks hate Mike Vick because he fought dogs. That's why socially it was a huge issue. Legally all of that other stuff made his problems worse. He wasn't doing commercials for Gamblers Anonymous when he got out of jail. He was doing commercials for PETA.

I don't agree with euthanizing a healthy, friendly dog, however, I will repeat...it is at the other end of the cruelty,pain and suffering chart from dog fighting. If one doesn't understand this, one needs to do some research. It is absolutely barbaric and has no place in a civilized society.

 

I will add...people who CAN do this have a chip missing.

 

Here is a link that helps.

 

http://www.animal-rights-action.com/dog-fighting.html

 

Please read the part about Michael Vick and what he admitted to. He is scum of the earth. And if there is anyone on BGP that thinks what he did is even remotely acceptable then I am in the wrong site.

Edited by doomer

I don't agree with euthanizing a healthy, friendly dog, however, I will repeat...it is at the other end of the cruelty,pain and suffering chart from dog fighting. If one doesn't understand this, one needs to do some research. It is absolutely barbaric and has no place in a civilized society.

 

I will add...people who CAN do this have a chip missing.

 

Here is a link that helps.

 

Dog Fighting Revealed In All Its Appalling Detail

 

Please read the part about Michael Vick and what he admitted to. He is scum of the earth. And if there is anyone on BGP that thinks what he did is even remotely acceptable then I am in the wrong site.

 

You're missing the point. What Michael Vick did is and was unacceptable. What this lady wants to do is unacceptable as well and what this dog-lover and owner of 4 dogs is saying is that if she is allowed to kill a perfectly healthy dog then Michael Vick was screwed over. How is killing, euthanizing, eliminating, murdering a perfectly healthy dog acceptable? Because it is the property of the owner? That is totally asinine and to me she is no different than Michael Vick. It's the same thing in my eyes.

You're missing the point. What Michael Vick did is and was unacceptable. What this lady wants to do is unacceptable as well and what this dog-lover and owner of 4 dogs is saying is that if she is allowed to kill a perfectly healthy dog then Michael Vick was screwed over. How is killing, euthanizing, eliminating, murdering a perfectly healthy dog acceptable? Because it is the property of the owner? That is totally asinine and to me she is no different than Michael Vick. It's the same thing in my eyes.

 

I am not agreeing with your point...she is not requesting the dog be hung by its neck and beaten, starved, have its teeth filed, shot, or used as a reward for the "good" fighting dogs. While we agree this is not a good request, there is no suffering with euthanasia.

I am not agreeing with your point...she is not requesting the dog be hung by its neck and beaten, starved, have its teeth filed, shot, or used as a reward for the "good" fighting dogs. While we agree this is not a good request, there is no suffering with euthanasia.

 

The suffering is of little consequence to me. She's killing a perfectly healthy dog for one of the stupidest of reasons. Despicable.

You're missing the point. What Michael Vick did is and was unacceptable. What this lady wants to do is unacceptable as well and what this dog-lover and owner of 4 dogs is saying is that if she is allowed to kill a perfectly healthy dog then Michael Vick was screwed over. How is killing, euthanizing, eliminating, murdering a perfectly healthy dog acceptable? Because it is the property of the owner? That is totally asinine and to me she is no different than Michael Vick. It's the same thing in my eyes.

 

You feel the same way about cattle and chickens, right?

You feel the same way about cattle and chickens, right?

 

 

I've never had a pet cow or a pet chicken and I've never heard of them being pets. That factors into my thoughts on this issue. I have no intention to ever eat any animal considered a pet.

What about people who do have pet chickens and cows? Should they get to choose when/if to kill them?

What about people who do have pet chickens and cows? Should they get to choose when/if to kill them?

 

Those people are weird. Why would anyone have a pet chicken or cow? Two different things. When I can go to the pet store and buy a cow or chicken holler at your boy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.