Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Set The Line For Armageddon

Featured Replies

If you had to do it today, what do you put it at?

 

I'll say Kentucky -3, but I would take Louisville and the points all day. I'm as huge of a UK fan as there is, but I think Louisville is a better team than us right now in a head-to-head matchup. Kentucky might beat more teams than Louisville would, but I think it's just a bad matchup for the Cats.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you had to do it today' date=' what do you put it at? I'll say Kentucky -3, but I would take Louisville and the points all day. I'm as huge of a UK fan as there is, but I think Louisville is a better team than us right now in a head-to-head matchup. Kentucky might beat more teams than Louisville would, but I think it's just a bad matchup for the Cats.[/quote']

 

Why are you so negative about the Cats? They win every game by double digits and you're still not confident.

  • Author
Why are you so negative about the Cats? They win every game by double digits and you're still not confident.

 

I just think Louisville poses matchup problems.

 

I see the Harrisons struggling to contain their guards and keep them out of the lane. I see Ulis' size being a huge hinderance with their traps and pressure. It's hard for any freshman to know where all of the traps will be coming from and given his height, it's going to take some keen anticipation on when to pass out of them before they get there, because once he has two defenders up on him like they're going to be, it's going to be trouble for him.

 

I'm not confident in Booker's ability to handle their pressure, play with the kind of defensive intensity we may need either.

 

Half-court, where we really struggle, I see them zoning us (or at least a matchup zone type look) and just playing it more athletically than others have been able to. Close out hard on Aaron, Booker, Ulis, and/or the hot hand and roll the dice with the rest.

 

Towns is good, no doubt, but I don't know if he's going to be physically imposing enough to just keep a body on Harrell all night, and putting Cauley-Stein on him means that he isn't able to come on a help rotation and block/alter shots. Maybe wearing on Harrell with bodies and a rotation of Towns, Dakari, and Willie wears him down some though.

 

All that, and the fact that you know Pitino's strategy is going to be the "foul until they get tired of blowing the whistles, then foul more". For a team who struggles with offensive rhythm and isn't a great free throw shooting team, that could definitely disrupt the flow of the game and the constant breaks in action negate our depth. All that, and the fact that we have to go into Louisville to beat them in a game they'll be amped for, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we lost.

I'd take the cats by double digits, just as every other game has been. A team may catch Kentucky off guard this year, but it won't be a "big name" school. Kentucky has came out focused and ready to play in those games. I said it before and ill say it again, Texas was the one team that matches up with UK better than everyone else.

Louisville -76

 

Kyle Bolin is going to get a triple double.

 

#runningclock

Cats by 99 . A walk on will make three 3's and I predict Rick having a mental breakdown and retiring before the 2nd half because of the nightmares Calapari causes him.

I just think Louisville poses matchup problems.

 

I see the Harrisons struggling to contain their guards and keep them out of the lane. I see Ulis' size being a huge hinderance with their traps and pressure. It's hard for any freshman to know where all of the traps will be coming from and given his height, it's going to take some keen anticipation on when to pass out of them before they get there, because once he has two defenders up on him like they're going to be, it's going to be trouble for him.

 

I'm not confident in Booker's ability to handle their pressure, play with the kind of defensive intensity we may need either.

 

Half-court, where we really struggle, I see them zoning us (or at least a matchup zone type look) and just playing it more athletically than others have been able to. Close out hard on Aaron, Booker, Ulis, and/or the hot hand and roll the dice with the rest.

 

Towns is good, no doubt, but I don't know if he's going to be physically imposing enough to just keep a body on Harrell all night, and putting Cauley-Stein on him means that he isn't able to come on a help rotation and block/alter shots. Maybe wearing on Harrell with bodies and a rotation of Towns, Dakari, and Willie wears him down some though.

 

All that, and the fact that you know Pitino's strategy is going to be the "foul until they get tired of blowing the whistles, then foul more". For a team who struggles with offensive rhythm and isn't a great free throw shooting team, that could definitely disrupt the flow of the game and the constant breaks in action negate our depth. All that, and the fact that we have to go into Louisville to beat them in a game they'll be amped for, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we lost.

 

Forgetting about the CATS main advantage and that's Calapari's ability to force Rick to lay in the Fetal position the night before the game sucking his thumb, due to endless nightmares of being out coached the last 5 years.

This thread has been entertaining so far. I like where it seems destined to go.

  • Author
Forgetting about the CATS main advantage and that's Calapari's ability to force Rick to lay in the Fetal position the night before the game sucking his thumb, due to endless nightmares of being out coached the last 5 years.

 

What do you consider Kentucky's main advantage? Not saying that they don't have advantages because they do, just wondering what you think our main advantage is.

What do you consider Kentucky's main advantage? Not saying that they don't have advantages because they do, just wondering what you think our main advantage is.

 

Size athleticism pro talent coaching

Size athleticism pro talent coaching

 

What he said.

 

My goodness UK fans are now afraid of Harrell? What has he done in his career against UK? He's good but UK is going to have five NBA bigs to throw at him.

 

Louisville could win but it will take their best game, and an average or worse game from UK.

 

As for the traps, if the Harrisons and Ulis can't get it done then go ahead and crown Louisville the champ.

 

UNC found out today that speeding up the game against UK is a tough strategy to win with. I think they'd be better served to sit in a zone and slow the game down. UK in transition is a much different beast than in the half court.

 

At the Yum I'd set the line at UK -6. At Rupp I'd double it.

I hope we throw it inside and get Herrell in foul trouble.

I hope we throw it inside and get Herrell in foul trouble.

 

I imagine we will attack Harrell any way possible.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.