Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Set The Line For Armageddon

Featured Replies

  • Author
UK -7.5

 

Joker, you do realize Kentucky wants other teams to try to beat them by getting to the rim, right?

 

 

Difference in a guard who can finish, dump off to Harrell, or kick out getting penetration against one of the Harrisons and someone from an overmatched team getting penetration.

 

Difference in the kind of traps North Carolina were throwing at us in pressure and Ulis having to see over two defenders in one of Pitino's "coffin corners".

 

Louisville gives Kentucky all they want and then some. Coming from a huge Kentucky fan, but we didn't look the sharpest against Columbia or Providence and I'm not going to bet the farm on UK based on a win over an overrated UNC team or an overrated Kansas team.

 

Like I said, Iowa beat North Carolina at home. Iowa State went into Iowa, sans their best player and on two days notice, and stomped Iowa 90-75. I watched a good portion of the Utah comeback against Kansas as well.

 

UK is good, but I think it's nuts that people think that it's even a question that Louisville beats us at home.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Difference in a guard who can finish, dump off to Harrell, or kick out getting penetration against one of the Harrisons and someone from an overmatched team getting penetration.

 

The issue with that is that there would be a couple of 7 footers on UK's side that can't stand to see the ball approach the basket. UL has not faced that yet. Unless UL shoots lights out, buckets will be difficult to come by. So far this season, I see have seen nothing from UL that implies they will shoot well against UK.

Difference in a guard who can finish, dump off to Harrell, or kick out getting penetration against one of the Harrisons and someone from an overmatched team getting penetration.

 

Difference in the kind of traps North Carolina were throwing at us in pressure and Ulis having to see over two defenders in one of Pitino's "coffin corners".

 

Louisville gives Kentucky all they want and then some. Coming from a huge Kentucky fan, but we didn't look the sharpest against Columbia or Providence and I'm not going to bet the farm on UK based on a win over an overrated UNC team or an overrated Kansas team.

 

Like I said, Iowa beat North Carolina at home. Iowa State went into Iowa, sans their best player and on two days notice, and stomped Iowa 90-75. I watched a good portion of the Utah comeback against Kansas as well.

 

UK is good, but I think it's nuts that people think that it's even a question that Louisville beats us at home.

 

Don't look now but Kansas has some pretty nice wins. UNC has 5 McDonalds all americans by last count. And one last note, Calipari coached UK teams have been fairly successful against Louisville. UK's struggles against the UNC traps came when UK was trying to run clock.

 

Louisville can certainly beat UK but your reasoning doesn't hold water.

Put WCS on Harrell for 30 plus minutes and that is a wash at best for UL. The Cards don't have anyone at the 3 or 5 to really force that issue and make it a factor.

 

The 22 Press and Match Up Zone will give UK some issues, and I'm guessing Pitino will have the press retreat more often than it traps to fall back in the zone and keep it from being a lob fest at the rim.

 

Playing it out in my head I just don't see Rozier and Jones beating UK, and that is how it will have to happen. I do think Rozier can keep UL in it for a while, but Jones makes to many mistakes to sustain it.

 

UK by 12 or so and I wouldn't be surprised to see it get up to 17 late...

Put WCS on Harrell for 30 plus minutes and that is a wash at best for UL. The Cards don't have anyone at the 3 or 5 to really force that issue and make it a factor.

 

The 22 Press and Match Up Zone will give UK some issues, and I'm guessing Pitino will have the press retreat more often than it traps to fall back in the zone and keep it from being a lob fest at the rim.

 

Playing it out in my head I just don't see Rozier and Jones beating UK, and that is how it will have to happen. I do think Rozier can keep UL in it for a while, but Jones makes to many mistakes to sustain it.

 

UK by 12 or so and I wouldn't be surprised to see it get up to 17 late...

 

While we still don't know if it will happen but we're all thinking it. What's your thought on potential UK/Duke match-up?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.