Walt Allen: AP POY

http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8GFIBSO0.html

(AP) - The 2006 Kentucky High School boys' All-State basketball team, as selected by 19 members of The Associated Press (with school, height and position):

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Walt Allen, South Laurel

FIRST TEAM

Walt Allen, South Laurel, 6-7, F

Aaron Dunaway, Lex. Henry Clay, 6-3, G

Vincent Crutcher, Lou. PRP 6-8, C

Joshua Mack, University Heights, 5-11, G

Steffon Pettigrew, Elizabethtown, 6-5, F

A.J. Slaughter, Shelby Co., 6-3, G

SECOND TEAM

Daniel Ard, Marshall Co., 6-6, F

Rodney Haddix, Scott Co., 6-3, G

Stuart Miller, Middlesboro, 6-0, G

Ty Proffitt, South Laurel, 6-4, G

Matt Walls, Scott Co., 6-4, G

HONORABLE MENTION:

Jeremy Anderson, Warren Central; Brandon Bland, John Hardin; Robert Buckner, Lou. Eastern; Brian Calhoun, Bardstown; Matthew Cox, Barbourville; Josh Crawford, Corbin; Antonio Davis, Union Co.; Pat Elliott, Pendleton Co.; Dustin Fothergill, Pulaski Southwestern; Jordan Hammonds, South Laurel; Jay Ivey, Owensboro Catholic; Brad Lowe, Pike Co. Central; Antonio Owens, Boyd Co.; Brian Staed, Boyle Co.; Maze Stallworth, John Hardin.

COACH OF THE YEAR

Ronnie Bottoms, Boyle Co.

If Allen is 6-7, I'm Brad Pitt ...

Allen listed at 6-7 is a far bigger exaggeration that Proffitt listed as 6-4. Proffitt is at least in the same ballpark.

Let me tell ya one thing... I don' t know about Allen but I stood less than five feet from Proffit and he is no more than 6'3'', and probably closer to 6'2''.

Still deserving though... great player...

I also thought Crutcher was closer to 6'5'' too... but not for sure on that one...

Proffitt is 6'3

Allen is 6'4..... 6'5 at the most

How tall is Hammonds? He is at least two inches taller than Proffitt. I thought that Allen and Hammonds were both 6'4" and Proffitt 6'2".

Congrats to all that made the list!

Proffitt was listed as 6-5 in the state tournament program. Allen and Hammonds are listed at 6-4. Going strictly by the team picture, the three look to be about the same height.

PRP's roster listed Crutcher at 6-4.

I walked into the arena behind Profitt on championship night. He is probably 6'3. Allen is around 6'4 imo.