Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stuart Miller to Louisville

Featured Replies

I thought that CH 27 Dick Gabriel reported Miller was going to UK. Did anyone else hear this????????????????

 

I heard, and I cannot in anyway say with any authority, that he turned down a scholarship to UK.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard, and I cannot in anyway say with any authority, that he turned down a scholarship to UK.

 

I heard that he was offered preferred walkon status at UK.

I heard that he was offered preferred walkon status at UK.

 

:thumb: Cool...like I said...I have no authority, I just heard that....either way, I'm glad he chose Louisville!

Anybody want to explain a preferred walk on in basketball?

Don't sugar coat it. A walk on is a walk on in basketball.

 

Basically it means that he has a guaranteed spot on the team, but not a scholarship. Regular walkons don't get that guarantee.

:thumb: Cool...like I said...I have no authority, I just heard that....either way, I'm glad he chose Louisville!

 

He can shoot, no doubt. I have seen him play and seen video on him and I was impressed at how quickly he can pull the trigger.

Congrats to Mr.Miller, I know a few guys with the last name Miller that can shoot the lights out.

:thumb: Cool...like I said...I have no authority, I just heard that....either way, I'm glad he chose Louisville!

 

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

I thought that CH 27 Dick Gabriel reported Miller was going to UK. Did anyone else hear this????????????????

 

Yes. I heard it last night and was surprised when I saw this thread.

From the CJ:

 

Walk-on commits

Stuart Miller of Middlesboro High School in Eastern Kentucky committed to play for the Cards next season as a walk-on.

 

Miller, who actually lives in Harrogate, Tenn., made a state-record 173 three-pointers as a senior and shot 42 percent from beyond the arc.

 

He is the state's career record-holder for three-pointers with 475, ranking fourth nationally. He averaged 26.4 points as a senior.

 

Miller received several scholarship offers after U of L began pursuing him, and he took campus visits to U of L and the University of Kentucky. But his father, Gary Miller, said his son eventually was won over by the level of interest from U of L coach Rick Pitino and assistant Steve Masiello.

 

"Louisville was the first to step out on the limb; they really pursued him like it was a full-scholarship situation," the elder Miller said. "Especially coach Masiello. He really went beyond the call of duty. He really believes in Stuart and thinks he'll contribute."

Does anyone know why he did not play in the East - West game?

:thumb: Cool...like I said...I have no authority, I just heard that....either way, I'm glad he chose Louisville!

 

At the least, it was a smart choice...UK under Tubby Smith is where good shooters in high-school go to die. :lol:

There is an article on cardinalsports.com about Millers committment. However, you have to be a member of the Rivals.com network in order to view it.

At the least, it was a smart choice...UK under Tubby Smith is where good shooters in high-school go to die. :lol:

 

Like Sparks? Like Prince?

Like Sparks? Like Prince?
And play in the NIT ...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.