Kentucky's next offensive coordinator: EDDIE GRAN

strongopenyon

Calling the SEC Network national television is a reach in regards to UK games. I doubt many people across the country were watching UK-UT Martin that weren't UK fans. The SEC network is no different than any regional network unless it is a big time game. UK hasn't played in a true bigtime game in decades.

The SEC Network is most definitely national. Ask the cable and sattelite providers that fought them, but ended up giving in due to the money they would lose if they didn't acquire the network in their basic packages. If I remember correctly, it had more viewers than any other sports network had on their launch date.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people watch UK football games that don't live in Kentucky. I'm not stupid, I said that I know the SEC Network is a national channel. But I'm willing to bet that more people will watch the Notre Dame-Northwestern game than the UK-UT-Martin game. UK is not a national draw on any network.

So your picking one game out to make your point?

The SEC Network is most definitely national. Ask the cable and sattelite providers that fought them, but ended up giving in due to the money they would lose if they didn't acquire the network in their basic packages. If I remember correctly, it had more viewers than any other sports network had on their launch date.

I guess you didn't read my post. I don't care how many households it is in. How many people watch it? We all have HSN as well. The SEC Network in regards to UK football is very regional. How many people nationwide do you think set aside time to watch UK-UT-Martin?

I guess you didn't read my post. I don't care how many households it is in. How many people watch it? We all have HSN as well. The SEC Network in regards to UK football is very regional. How many people nationwide do you think set aside time to watch UK-UT-Martin?

You apparently didn't read my post. Apparently a lot of people watch it, i believe it was the most successful sports channel launch in history.

Two.. The SEC network isn't regional at all in reguards to UK or any other team. All programs are aired nationally, not regionally.

Three.. Why do you keep pointing out one game to attempt to make a point?

You apparently didn't read my post. Apparently a lot of people watch it, i believe it was the most successful sports channel launch in history.

Two.. The SEC network isn't regional at all in reguards to UK or any other team. All programs are aired nationally, not regionally.

Three.. Why do you keep pointing out one game to attempt to make a point?

Okay, how about this: I do not care about the subscriber numbers. The whole works subscribes to Home Shopping Network and any number of music channels. Go ahead and tell me how UK is a national draw on their SEC Network games. It will turn out about as well as you and your buddies calling me out for saying UK would not be bowl eligible when they were 5-1. I would wager that WAY more high school recruits care WAY more about Miami's legacy than UK's SEC network games.

Okay, how about this: I do not care about the subscriber numbers. The whole works subscribes to Home Shopping Network and any number of music channels. Go ahead and tell me how UK is a national draw on their SEC Network games. It will turn out about as well as you and your buddies calling me out for saying UK would not be bowl eligible when they were 5-1. I would wager that WAY more high school recruits care WAY more about Miami's legacy than UK's SEC network games.

I'm not talking about subscribers, I'm talking about viewers. As for the uk - Ut martin game you mentioned, I have no idea how many people watched it, I doubt you do either. I'm not sure why, but you seem to be awfuly upset with thw sec network?

I'm not talking about subscribers, I'm talking about viewers. As for the uk - Ut martin game you mentioned, I have no idea how many people watched it, I doubt you do either. I'm not sure why, but you seem to be awfuly upset with thw sec network?

I seriously doubt that the SEC Network draws many more viewers for most of its games than the old Jefferson Pilot games did. Just because it is included in packages doesn't mean people in Oregon and California are watching it. A game on the SEC network is nothing more than a regionally broadcast game. I can't imagine any recruits basing their decisions on games aired on the SEC Network which was the original point.

I seriously doubt that the SEC Network draws many more viewers for most of its games than the old Jefferson Pilot games did. Just because it is included in packages doesn't mean people in Oregon and California are watching it. A game on the SEC network is nothing more than a regionally broadcast game. I can't imagine any recruits basing their decisions on games aired on the SEC Network which was the original point.

No knowledge of this but my guess is that SECN is in a lot more households than JP was. Plus JP was one game per Saturday usually in the early afternoon. SECN is all day including primetime PLUS gets the help from being a ESPN channel. I'd struggle to even compare the two.

Do you ever watch games on the Pac12 or Big10 network? I do occasionally, I'm sure other sports fans do too. Which tells me that fans from all over the country likely watch the SEC network from time to time, not just fans of SEC teams.

Using UT Martin is not a good example, nobody is going to tune in to watch UT Martin play anyone.

How many times did you see Miami on tv, 3? 4? Where UK was on some form of National TV every week with the SEC Network.

The number of times the Miami Hurricanes are on television is going to cause their offensive coordinator with the deepest of Miami roots to leave and take the job at Kentucky?

The number of times the Miami Hurricanes are on television is going to cause their offensive coordinator with the deepest of Miami roots to leave and take the job at Kentucky?

One that coaches for a guy that's coaching for his job next season and would likely have to win 11 games to satisfy Miami fans?