Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pulaski County 33 Cooper 7

Featured Replies

Strong run by Cooper. I didn't know anything about Pulaski and thought Cooper had a chance. I guess Pulaski is better than I thought.

Pulaski was physical with a very good offensive line which gave the qb time to run or find open receivers. Cooper fought well with them until Pulaski figured out the weak spots in the defense. The jag offense moved the ball pretty well, just couldn't punch it in the end zone.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to PC. Only a small group of teams make back-to-back appearances in the state finals.

That is a bit extreme. C'mon. Randy knows his kids and that's not teaching anyone a life lesson for having some fight in you and speaking. High school kids will loose their cool occasionally in the heat of the moment. So yes lets just put in timeout and make them think about it. This is a coaching decision and if that's how randy controls his team then that's his prerogative. This kid has parents and knows life lessons and he needs a football coach not control freak.

 

Here's what I notice about Borchers run programs. They are first class teams. They have been that way since he was at Ludlow. Heck when I played ball, if I even looked like I was going to mouth off to an official, I was lucky to not get pulled. Borchers has had Cooper go to a state championship as well as now a second state semi. I'd say the way he runs things works. Especially seeing as that the school is only 7 years old.

I expected this to be a tough one for the Jags, but this was still an impressive season. Congratulations to Pulaski County on winning.

It was actually a very close game in the 4th.

 

Cooper driving and went for it on 4th and 4 and their reciever dropped the ball that hit him right between the numbers on the 4 yard line which would have made it 1st and goal and Cooper scores it's a 5 point game with 10 mins left. Instead the ball bounces off his chest and Maroons take over and make a 82 yard run for a TD, int on next possesion and it goes from what could have been a 5 point game to 33-7 game in a matter of 2 minutes. Game over.

 

Pulaski was the better team tonight. Cooper didn't put pressure on QB and that hurt them IMO. I am predicting Pulaski to win state, they are a very solid team both offense and defense.

 

Best of luck to the Maroons and congrats to the Jags on a great season.

Here's what I notice about Borchers run programs. They are first class teams. They have been that way since he was at Ludlow. Heck when I played ball, if I even looked like I was going to mouth off to an official, I was lucky to not get pulled. Borchers has had Cooper go to a state championship as well as now a second state semi. I'd say the way he runs things works. Especially seeing as that the school is only 7 years old.

Agreed 110%

 

Cooper was the first NKY team to win multiple Sportsmanship awards from the KY Officiating association. There is a reason that was the case, it's because Coach Borchers expects his players to play hard but be respectful to all their opponents as well as the officials etc. you will notice in every game there are more Jaguars helping their opponents off the turf after plays than any other team and that is from the discipline etc coach Borchers instills in his players.

 

Coach Borchers does it the right way as you've pointed out. If a kid got benched for running his mouth then I have no issue with that at all, after all this is just a game, the life lessons these players learn will help them farther down the road long after they hang their pads up for the last time.

 

respect, Discipline , and have fun are the lessons Borchers teaches and I for one have no issues at al with that type of coach.

Proud of the players for giving their all. Too many unescessary adjustments on defense left the middle wide open for runs and passes. Gotta go with what got you there. And benching a kid for the entire second half in a semi final playoff game for telling the ref to throw a damn flag is simply stupid and too controlling. The boys were getting smacked around and not getting any calls, and the kid got frustrated. But that's Randy's team and that's how he runs it win or lose I guess.

 

Very confused by this post. I have been to about five Cooper games this year, six if you include tonight. First you talked about unnecessary adjustments? What did Cooper do different tonight on defense than any other game. It looked like to me Cooper aligned exactly the same this game against formations as in other games. They used both three man and four man fronts like usual. There was only one play tonight where it looked like Cooper was not in the right spot and that was on the second touchdown. Other than that the big thing was Cooper struggled tackling tonight more than any game I have seen them play. Then the play right before the half Cooper had great coverage and the receiver makes a great back shoulder catch. It was just a great play by the other team. Sounds like your just looking for stuff to complain about.

 

As for the player. I know I much rather have a coach that is more on the side of disciplining to much than not much at all. That penalty you speak of which a huge play in the game Cooper just scored and was within five and had Pulaski pinned deep and had the momentum and was going to be third and long. Instead the player gets that penalty and Pulaski scores on that drive. At that point in the game no matter what happened the player has to know better than to say something. Its kind of a sad thing and shows where we are in society these days when people now complain about a coach having to much discipline in how he runs a team.

As for the game I was very impressed by the qb and team speed of Pulaski. The final score doesn't show how close this game was. Cooper was a drop pass away from making the final 8 minutes very dramatic. Give Pulaski credit though because they closed the door on Cooper after that with a long TD run to seal the victory.

Hines and Borchers are to great coaches who have their teams playing on high levels as of late. Congrats to both programs

Very confused by this post. I have been to about five Cooper games this year, six if you include tonight. First you talked about unnecessary adjustments? What did Cooper do different tonight on defense than any other game. It looked like to me Cooper aligned exactly the same this game against formations as in other games. They used both three man and four man fronts like usual. There was only one play tonight where it looked like Cooper was not in the right spot and that was on the second touchdown. Other than that the big thing was Cooper struggled tackling tonight more than any game I have seen them play. Then the play right before the half Cooper had great coverage and the receiver makes a great back shoulder catch. It was just a great play by the other team. Sounds like your just looking for stuff to complain about.

 

As for the player. I know I much rather have a coach that is more on the side of disciplining to much than not much at all. That penalty you speak of which a huge play in the game Cooper just scored and was within five and had Pulaski pinned deep and had the momentum and was going to be third and long. Instead the player gets that penalty and Pulaski scores on that drive. At that point in the game no matter what happened the player has to know better than to say something. Its kind of a sad thing and shows where we are in society these days when people now complain about a coach having to much discipline in how he runs a team.

 

Yep, you're right. I know nothing about football and have no idea what i'm talking about. As for the player, the correct decision was made by RB. The player made a very bad decision in screaming "throw the &%% flag" in the heat of the moment of a very questionable physical play. He should be disciplined and punished to the max so that he never speaks that way again, because I'm sure his parents have never disciplined him, and society will be much better when coaches put those kids on the bench for overreacting in a football game. :roll eyes: That play was no larger than any dropped pass, missed tackle, fumble or interception that occurred by the Jags tonight. Pulaski was the best team that the Jags faced during the playoff run and, they got the much deserved win tonight.

You may know football but you don't know Borchers if you didn't see the punishment coming and know it would be enforced. Not two minutes before the actual flag, I said to everyone around me that that kid was about to cost us 15 yds. He was clearly not in control of his emotions or actions for 6-7 straight plays.

I can see benching a kid for a series or two, as long as it's not a habit he has. Some coaches would have handled it the same and some different. And I don't think the program would be any less respectable. I just think it was extreme in a game of this magnitude. Yes it was the wrong thing to say and the punishment was delivered. That was just my opinion on the severity. Game over move on.

There are consequences for actions, whether those actions be physical or in the state of words. This young man learned that tonight if he doesn't have parents who are as backwards thnkng as you. Things happen in life. The first thing that needs to happen before you point a finger is identify what you or the injured party may have done to contribute to the situation. Based on what you and others said it appears the reason is something that bears inward reflection. Enough said. The kid is either going to get the message or not. More importantly, generations Of under classman will have an example to not follow in the future. Class exists regardless of which class you play in. Thank you coach for demonstrating yours.

That is a bit extreme. C'mon. Randy knows his kids and that's not teaching anyone a life lesson for having some fight in you and speaking. High school kids will loose their cool occasionally in the heat of the moment. So yes lets just put in timeout and make them think about it. This is a coaching decision and if that's how randy controls his team then that's his prerogative. This kid has parents and knows life lessons and he needs a football coach not control freak.

I believe the word you are searching for and can't find is Discipline. The player lacked it, and the coach was trying to instill it in his team.

You may know football but you don't know Borchers if you didn't see the punishment coming and know it would be enforced. Not two minutes before the actual flag, I said to everyone around me that that kid was about to cost us 15 yds. He was clearly not in control of his emotions or actions for 6-7 straight plays.

 

The play in question is when a teammate was leveled AFTER the whistle. I guess he thought he was speaking out for his teammate, because he wasn't even the one who took the hit. Either way, he was flagged and disciplined. I just think it was extreme. JMO

I believe the word you are searching for and can't find is Discipline. The player lacked it, and the coach was trying to instill it in his team.

I think the word you're looking for is "SOFT". Loosing your cool on a play in football does not mean you don't have discipline. There's not one undisciplined kid on that team because Randy doesn't allow it. Are there 15,16,17 year old kids with tempers that may get too heated….sure.

Yep, you're right. I know nothing about football and have no idea what i'm talking about. As for the player, the correct decision was made by RB. The player made a very bad decision in screaming "throw the &%% flag" in the heat of the moment of a very questionable physical play. He should be disciplined and punished to the max so that he never speaks that way again, because I'm sure his parents have never disciplined him, and society will be much better when coaches put those kids on the bench for overreacting in a football game. :roll eyes: That play was no larger than any dropped pass, missed tackle, fumble or interception that occurred by the Jags tonight. Pulaski was the best team that the Jags faced during the playoff run and, they got the much deserved win tonight.

 

I was not at the game tonight but it sounds like this happened at a pretty critical moment. I can only assume that the way you are sounding off,, you must have some connection to the player. However,, I applaud Coach Borchers for making a move like this in a game of this magnitude. There is something missing in the coaching ranks today,, we have gone to a win at all cost and excuse whatever behavior a player does. This will go a long way in developing the culture in this locker room when a coach says we will not tolerate bad behavior in any situation. In my time I have seen too many parents satisfied with the team losing so long as their kid gets to play.

 

You mention that the coach is too controlling. Well anytime you take a team with a losing record to the Semi-state the next year,, I will take that type of controlling coach as I am sure other programs will. Great run Jags,, your community is proud of you. Good luck next year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.