Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 47 Lexington Catholic 26

Featured Replies

Congrats to my Birds...great game again for Beau but my boy Griffey was outstanding, when he dials it in he is almost unstoppable imo.

 

Defense was incredible tonite against a very good Offense. I am very impressed with how the younger guys have stepped it up in the secondary. I read earlier that anyone else with a good passing game would beat Highlands, lol. That passing game is about as good as it gets at this level...Highlands D pressure forced the turnovers and hurried throws imo.

 

Lastly, It was very obvious LC is a more disciplined team than of the yrs past. Very few penalties and good clean play throughout the night. I dont know if it is because of the coaching change but LC played and was defeated with alot of class last night:thumb:

  • Replies 93
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go Bluebirds, this is the year!!!!!! Actually, every year, is the Bluebirds year. A wise man once said. And this quote was pounded in my head last night, somewhere. " To be the best, you have to beat the best" WHOOOOOOOOOO (NRF) or something like that.

GO BIRDS

Couldn't believe HHS would try a field goal from 48 yards into the wind in the cold. Jared hammered it. Just barely missed and had plenty of distance.

You make the call.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48064[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48065[/ATTACH]

 

Interesting play that I remember well...I was actually standing at the goal line from up above and the play was a bang bang play that caught alot of people off guard especially the referees...

 

LC runs a little direct snap razzle dazzle and kid appears to going to just walk into the endzone untouched and out of nowhere comes Brady Murray with a monster hit to jar the ball loose and Highlands recovers.

 

As you can see the LC is not ready for this hit as he doesnt expect or see Brady coming...

 

I thought it was so close it was tough to really make a call especially from this angle...However, I believe the arms of the referees went up before he even crossed the goal line and the even the refs didnt see Brady coming and he caught them off guard...

 

Instant replay or review might have made the side judge that laughed in the face of some Highlands fans perhaps a little red in the face had we had review...Just sayin

 

 

I however do not think the ball crossed the goal line and Highlands recovers on the yd line...JMO :thumb:

Coach Turner may be the best o-line coach in the state. He takes a group of young Men works his magic as only he can do the magic Man.

This is Bunning ' s first year playing and Gall and Hebol played defense last year. Outstanding coaching. Highlands always does a great job of making kids better players.

Couldn't believe HHS would try a field goal from 48 yards into the wind in the cold. Jared hammered it. Just barely missed and had plenty of distance.

 

I loved it and have seen many Highlands kickers over the yrs more than capable of attempting the same types of kicks that never was given a chance for whatever reason...It is all in the philosophy of each coach and Coach W will take pts in the red zone or from 48 anytime especially in a big game...

 

You never know when you are going to need one to win a big game and I would rather attempt them in these types of situations than to pass up the opportunity...JMO

 

Great call on Coach W part and again later in the game Jared knocked one through for 3 :thumb:

Interesting play that I remember well...I was actually standing at the goal line from up above and the play was a bang bang play that caught alot of people off guard especially the referees...

 

LC runs a little direct snap razzle dazzle and kid appears to going to just walk into the endzone untouched and out of nowhere comes Brady Murray with a monster hit to jar the ball loose and Highlands recovers.

 

As you can see the LC is not ready for this hit as he doesnt expect or see Brady coming...

 

I thought it was so close it was tough to really make a call especially from this angle...However, I believe the arms of the referees went up before he even crossed the goal line and the even the refs didnt see Brady coming and he caught them off guard...

 

Instant replay or review might have made the side judge that laughed in the face of some Highlands fans perhaps a little red in the face had we had review...Just sayin

 

 

I however do not think the ball crossed the goal line and Highlands recovers on the yd line...JMO :thumb:

 

On the video he seemed to be in. I thought it was the correct call.

This is Bunning ' s first year playing and Gall and Hebol played defense last year. Outstanding coaching. Highlands always does a great job of making kids better players.

 

One important thing tonote was that both Hebel and Gall agreed to be moved and bought into what was being ask of them for the good of the team. Kudos to both of them, Sweet Lou and the entire line.

Coach Turner may be the best o-line coach in the state. He takes a group of young Men works his magic as only he can do the magic Man.

 

Well hello big fella...Two times in one week hearing from ya...Good to see ya back, hope the 6hr online spelling class worked out for you...you are off to a great start, LOL

 

I agree with Coach Turner and the way he works his majic...Got to give Coach Wayne Hall his due as well as he is the mastermind behind the zone blocking technique that Highlands went to this yr. Between the two of them they have again reloaded the OL into a smart/athletic/nasty group :thumb:

 

Both Coaches are men that both of my sons and myself really respected even though they never had them as teachers or position coaches...This is what makes Highlands roll, JMO

You make the call.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48064[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48065[/ATTACH]

 

I cheated and went and watched the Hudl video of this play. JJ gets hit (first picture) then leans in the endzone. He loses the ball afterwards (2nd picture) IMO it was the right call.

Interesting play that I remember well...I was actually standing at the goal line from up above and the play was a bang bang play that caught alot of people off guard especially the referees...

 

LC runs a little direct snap razzle dazzle and kid appears to going to just walk into the endzone untouched and out of nowhere comes Brady Murray with a monster hit to jar the ball loose and Highlands recovers.

 

As you can see the LC is not ready for this hit as he doesnt expect or see Brady coming...

 

I thought it was so close it was tough to really make a call especially from this angle...However, I believe the arms of the referees went up before he even crossed the goal line and the even the refs didnt see Brady coming and he caught them off guard...

 

Instant replay or review might have made the side judge that laughed in the face of some Highlands fans perhaps a little red in the face had we had review...Just sayin

 

 

I however do not think the ball crossed the goal line and Highlands recovers on the yd line...JMO :thumb:

 

It reminded me of the last play of a middle school playoff game a few years ago. Similar bang-bang event right at the goal line. After the smoke cleared they came over and said - 'did we get it right?'. Like this play - it is almost impossible to tell without a perfect camera angle right along the goal line.

 

The Highlands DBs were flying around like that all night. Hard hitters - and quick.

Anyway to post the video? Thanks in advance...

 

It was a bang bang caught alot of people off guard kind of play with the defender coming out of nowhere, one of those wow, what just happened, did I see that correctly kind of deals. :thumb:

Another key hit near the goal line. This made a big difference in game.

 

BGPIMG_5089_crop.jpg

BGPIMG_5087.jpg

BGPIMG_5088_crop.jpg

I listened to the game on Lex-Cath radio. They were talking about a player from HHS that was a Soph and weighed 140 lbs. I think he had 2 QB sacks. They were also talking about a 300 lb fullback for HHS. Who are these players?

 

Great game, congrats to all involved.

 

Why was LC doing the on side kicks? Short fields for HHS all night long.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.