Who does the "Elf on the Shelf" thing?

hoops5

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not?

It's a LOT of work. Every night, you must move him to a different location. Not only do you move it to different locations, someone thought it would be cool to setup different scenes each night, which makes it an even bigger pain. If you put it in the same location or scene twice, then you get 100 questions from the kids. And if you thought doing the same location or scene was bad enough, then don't forget to move it one night and watch what happens. It's not easy to talk your way out of that one. I thought about wrapping ours in a full body cast and leaving a note for the kids saying ours was out of commission for awhile.

Almost forgot. You may be thinking, "I just won't do any of the scenes. I'll just put it in a different location each night." That's all fine and dandy until the kids come home daily with stories about what little Johny's elf did last night, and how little Jenny's elf did this and that. That quickly turns into, "why doesn't our elf do anything fun?"

It's a LOT of work. Every night, you must move him to a different location. Not only do you move it to different locations, someone thought it would be cool to setup different scenes each night, which makes it an even bigger pain. If you put it in the same location or scene twice, then you get 100 questions from the kids. And if you thought doing the same location or scene was bad enough, then don't forget to move it one night and watch what happens. It's not easy to talk your way out of that one. I thought about wrapping ours in a full body cast and leaving a note for the kids saying ours was out of commission for awhile.

Great summary. We do it, I go through the same exercise every night (casting him in mischievous situations like hanging out of a cookie jar) and my kids love it.

i think im glad they were not out when junior was little. But i like seeing the photos. Some are quite funny i remember this one pic is of the elf sitting on the toilet and the photographer dropped a red white hard candy in the toilet. :lol2: Classic!!!! another one took a pic with the elf squatting over a sugar cookie with a hershey kiss on it. Clever.....:no: