Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 86 Montana State 28

Featured Replies

Cannot argue with you but what do they get out of playing Montana St??

  • Replies 39
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cannot argue with you but what do they get out of playing Montana St??

 

Paying a team who doesn't have goals of one day competing with you, and in your own backyard, come play against you where even playing close to you would be huge for their momentum in that regard.

 

What they had to give Montana State to come in was likely minimal. Looking at their early schedule full of road games with good teams, it looked like their program was in it for the $$$.

Best way to put what I'm saying: how many times has Kentucky played Western Kentucky since they had Patrick Sparks and beat Tubby?

Don't they alternate an in state team every year. (Morehead, EKU, NKU). Last year they played NKU. This year they play EKU.

What does UK get out of playing NKU? Everything to lose' date=' nothing to gain. I don't blame them.[/quote']

 

What could they possibly lose?

What could they possibly lose?

 

Win by 30, great, you are supposed to.

 

Win by 50, you are jerks for running up the score.

 

Win by 20 or less and Northern is improving and shouldn't play you that close.

 

Lose? The pits of hell might as well have opened.

Paying a team who doesn't have goals of one day competing with you, and in your own backyard, come play against you where even playing close to you would be huge for their momentum in that regard.

 

What they had to give Montana State to come in was likely minimal. Looking at their early schedule full of road games with good teams, it looked like their program was in it for the $$$.

 

From what I heard last night they explained this. They are trying to build their programs and update their facilities. They have played some games this year that will allow them to do this. Glad UK could help them.

My brother had an extra ticket to this game but I told him I'd wait until a better opponent before I paid $30+ for a ticket. These type games are TV only for me.

Win by 60 and Lanter gets 30 seconds on the court. Malone must be heads and shoulder above him in talent. Outside of pushing the team GPA up, do programs like Kentucky really need walk-ons?

Win by 60 and Lanter gets 30 seconds on the court. Malone must be heads and shoulder above him in talent. Outside of pushing the team GPA up' date=' do programs like Kentucky really need walk-ons?[/quote']

 

This year no they don't...other years they are needed if for nothing else but as practice bodies.

Win by 60 and Lanter gets 30 seconds on the court. Malone must be heads and shoulder above him in talent. Outside of pushing the team GPA up, do programs like Kentucky really need walk-ons?

 

I have zero idea how Cal uses the walk-ons but I would imagine that they are supposed to study and learn the opponents plays from the Assistants scouting report. And while of course, they can't run them as well as the opponent due to the talent, they can still help the scholarship players prepare by walking through he plays.

 

Similar too, what's the point of keeping many of the JV players around for practice after JV tournaments are over? To do the same.

 

But I definitely think you are right about GPA, graduation rates, and etc.

Montana St made one more field goal than Kansas did!!!

I have zero idea how Cal uses the walk-ons but I would imagine that they are supposed to study and learn the opponents plays from the Assistants scouting report. And while of course, they can't run them as well as the opponent due to the talent, they can still help the scholarship players prepare by walking through he plays.

 

Similar too, what's the point of keeping many of the JV players around for practice after JV tournaments are over? To do the same.

 

But I definitely think you are right about GPA, graduation rates, and etc.

 

I know I'm venturing into minutia, so forgive me. There's another big school in the state that has a walk-on that was a finalist for Mr. Basketball in Ky. I would think Cal could attract walk-on's of a similar nature.

Win by 30, great, you are supposed to.

 

Win by 50, you are jerks for running up the score.

 

Win by 20 or less and Northern is improving and shouldn't play you that close.

 

Lose? The pits of hell might as well have opened.

Wouldn't most if not all of those also apply to Montana St?
I know I'm venturing into minutia, so forgive me. There's another big school in the state that has a walk-on that was a finalist for Mr. Basketball in Ky. I would think Cal could attract walk-on's of a similar nature.

 

He did attract one...and then decided to give him a scholarship instead.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.