CCH favorite for 9th region in ’06?

CCH favorite for 9th region in ’06??? To me it seems so. Returning 2 playmakers in Bovard and Jacobs. The colonels will also have Sam Cahill, Billy Schulte, Mike Grimes, Chris Bondick, Chris Roll, Aaron Noll, and also many more from the sophomore class. Any thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who all do they return? Is it true that Nate Edmonson might leave the school??

Probable starting 5 next year:

Duran Jefferson PG

Austin Hill G

Arrez Henderson G

Josh Nelson F/C

????????

As far as nate is concerned, its still unknown whether or not he'll be with the dawgs next year, but even if he doesnt return, Holmes is still the favorite... those 4 listed above are enough to lead them to a regional title and make some noise at state

Also remember this...covcath's seniors this year all went to rupp as sophomores (got this from yesterdays paper) playing in little action but still was there...Holmes seniors next year did the same as sophomores but were the team's top players...too much experience and talent next year for any team to compete with them...Covcath returns a nice group and will make a run at Holmes, but wont have enough to beat them IMO

I agree with Holmes as favorite in the 9th. CCH has some kids coming back and some very good underclassmen; but, they really didn't click without Tierney, and the underclassmen have zero true varsity experience. Holy Cross will be in there, CCH may if they mature quickly...but Holmes is the team to beat...with our without Edmonson...

I agree with Holmes as favorite in the 9th. CCH has some kids coming back and some very good underclassmen; but, they really didn't click without Tierney, and the underclassmen have zero true varsity experience. Holy Cross will be in there, CCH may if they mature quickly...but Holmes is the team to beat...with our without Edmonson...

Couldnt agree anymore 2short...also i'm not sure but i think Holmes got a transfer that may see some varsity time next year...nice size kid, probably 6'3, 6'4

Probable starting 5 next year:

Duran Jefferson PG

Austin Hill G

Arrez Henderson G

Josh Nelson F/C

????????

As far as nate is concerned, its still unknown whether or not he'll be with the dawgs next year, but even if he doesnt return, Holmes is still the favorite... those 4 listed above are enough to lead them to a regional title and make some noise at state

and if they were, then why as didn't they do it this year? CovCath is the favorite in the Ninth until someone beats them.....no if, ands or butts......They earned it the the old fashion way, they played everybody and beat them....

and if they were, then why as didn't they do it this year? CovCath is the favorite in the Ninth until someone beat them.....no if, ands or butts......They earned it the the old fashion way, they played everybody and beat them....

THIS YEAR covcath had better leadership and a better TEAM, simply put...NEXT YEAR they lose many of those big contributers and leaders...this thread is about The players of NEXT YEAR, not this one. I simply stated that next year, Holmes has to be the favorite because they dont lose anyone and all other teams are losing key players....but thanks for the input old guy.

Couldnt agree anymore 2short...also i'm not sure but i think Holmes got a transfer that may see some varsity time next year...nice size kid, probably 6'3, 6'4

What's the chance Holmes can go through the whole season without self-imploding again? Transfers in--transfers out, don't ever tell me about private schools again--These kids move around like there are no rules!!

What's the chance Holmes can go through the whole season without self-imploding again? Transfers in--transfers out, don't ever tell me about private schools again!!

With all of the boys being seniors next year, and having that extra year of maturity and experience and maybe the loss of one ego, I dont see that being a factor. After the way their season ended this year, they know wat needs to be done . Not even three days after getting knocked out of the region, duran, austin, arrez and several other players were already back in the gym working on their game which is a definite good sign. These boys know what needs to be done to return to the top.

Also, the transfer has been at Holmes half the year but was ineligible this year because he came so late. He may not even contribute at the varsity level next year since he's only a freshman i believe this year, but he definetly has a nice frame and could help them out off the bench maybe in a 8th man role.

I was not predicting the winner in 07, just the favorite in 06...the Bulldogs are not the only kids already working on their games for next year. I know some young Colonels who took a lot from this year's season and dissappointing finale. I believe you will see this group of sophs and frosh grow up quickly and assist CCH in a serious defense of their title...and a better showing in Lexington. and...I am not discounting several other schools who have every possiblity to take this region...I just think that the Dogs, maybe after the initial week or two, will be end up being the team to beat next year. BTW, what's the new kid's name?

With all of the boys being seniors next year, and having that extra year of maturity and experience and maybe the loss of one ego, I dont see that being a factor. After the way their season ended this year, they know wat needs to be done . Not even three days after getting knocked out of the region, duran, austin, arrez and several other players were already back in the gym working on their game which is a definite good sign. These boys know what needs to be done to return to the top.

Also, the transfer has been at Holmes half the year but was ineligible this year because he came so late. He may not even contribute at the varsity level next year since he's only a freshman i believe this year, but he definetly has a nice frame and could help them out off the bench maybe in a 8th man role.

Good luck to them next year, but history says they will continue to have problems. Hopefully you're right and they get their collective acts together, and use the talent they've got to its fullest potential. I still think they will lack any significant size, which seems to be awfully important, especially when you get downstate!! Good to hear they were back in the gym so quick, but I'd be curious to know if it was for Holmes or the upcoming AAU tournament??

Good luck to them next year, but history says they will continue to have problems. Hopefully you're right and they get their collective acts together, and use the talent they've got to its fullest potential. I still think they will lack any significant size, which seems to be awfully important, especially when you get downstate!! Good to hear they were back in the gym so quick, but I'd be curious to know if it was for Holmes or the upcoming AAU tournament??

As far as size being a problem, Josh Nelson (6'4) who was only a sophomore this year is the same size as Greg Rice and has the POTENTIAL to play like him... and Terrence Clark is the other big man and he is around 6'4, 6'5. So size wont be a factor especially in nky next year. They have always been smaller.

Also if im not mistaken, austin, duran and the other seniors of next year dont play aau anymore...they go to blue chip camps instead to work on their games and play in high school summer leagues with the school. The only ones that i know of playin aau are henderson, nelson, braeon avery, and terrence clark...their aau team won the state championship this past summer for their age group. All 4 started...so the junior class of next year is just as strong as the seniors (duran, austin, etc.)

Also as far as the transfer's name, im not quite sure. I just know he's a freshman and will also be playing football. HE is a quarterback and linebacker in football as well.

I was not predicting the winner in 07, just the favorite in 06...the Bulldogs are not the only kids already working on their games for next year. I know some young Colonels who took a lot from this year's season and dissappointing finale. I believe you will see this group of sophs and frosh grow up quickly and assist CCH in a serious defense of their title...and a better showing in Lexington. and...I am not discounting several other schools who have every possiblity to take this region...I just think that the Dogs, maybe after the initial week or two, will be end up being the team to beat next year. BTW, what's the new kid's name?

I agree...covcath will be the dawgs toughest test and it will be a great game next year, I just think Holmes returns too much for the colonels. And like you said maybe after a week or two, holmes will return to the top position.

Also im unsure of the tranfer's name but he's a 6'4 freshman who is also playing football and is a qb/lb so you know the kid has some athleticism.