Russell , South Laurel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go TBF, I caught on to it from the start - of course I know you and have read enough of your post before. I took as a cut on the Russell fans that are calling for coach Dodd's job - he is an excellent coach.

I believe it was more of a cut on fans from other schools in the 16th region that were a little quick to judge.

I appreciate the nice comments from my BGP's buddies.

I was knocking on all of those fans from other schools as well as those from Russell dogging the coaches. Along with the many fans that gripe about scores being so low. My team, Raceland, is consistently badgered for slowing the game down, not taking enough shots, blah, blah, blah. I wonder if Graves has fans that complain about them playing slowly while applying suffocating defense? Wonder if those same people are complaining now that they are 2 wins from a State Championship?

Champion the teams that make the big dance, they along with their coaches deserve thanks and congratulations for such an achievement. It doesnt matter if you believe the teams are the best from their respective regions. These were the 16 teams that won 3 games in their regional tourney's and danced all the way to Lexington. Let's give them all some credit.

What an embarrassment. South Laurel can score only 37 points in a game. Maybe they should consider firing the coach.

These teams dont deserve to play in the state tournament, Russell and South Laurel. Oh yeah, John Hardin only got 33in their game, these teams should possibly cancel basketball and concentrate on another sport.

Thank you, my friend!;)

This is the worst offensive sweet 16 I have ever watched......

"Best defensive," IMO. Some of us appreciate the strategy involved. There's some great coaching going on in this tournament. The talent is similar, and it comes down to big plays on a few select possessions. Not dissimilar from a squeeze play in the bottom of the 9th to break a 1-1 tie.

I wonder if that idiot in the pink sweater behind the scorer's table Wednesday has had anything good to say about any of the teams yet...:irked:

When an old man has nothing better to do than sit and belittle high school kids, he must have a thoroughly pathetic life...

"Best defensive," IMO. Some of us appreciate the strategy involved. There's some great coaching going on in this tournament. The talent is similar, and it comes down to big plays on a few select possessions. Not dissimilar from a squeeze play in the bottom of the 9th to break a 1-1 tie.

speaking of Defense, did anyone else notice that Russell held Graves to 42 points while they ran up 46 points on the defending state Champs?

Now thats impressive!:ylsuper: