Russell , South Laurel

A game is 32 minutes and in that 32 minutes Graves and South only scored 37 points. Dont you think that is a disgrace to the game of basketball and these teams dont deserve to be at Rupp? Most people think we should get some teams in there that can SCORE.

I prefer good defense to something that looks like an NBA game, which seems to be what you are advocating.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were taking a beating. I was just trying to help a friend out. :D :D

I appreciate it. Thanks.

I wanted it to go for a while before I showed my true colors.

A lot of fans from the 16th were blistering Russell the other day for scoring 27 points and I just wanted to spoof a bit when in the same 32 minutes of playing time that the State's Defending Champ South Laurel only scored 37 against the same team.

I honestly could care less what the score is from game to game. If a group of kids give 100% and lay it on the line, I'm tickled to death. Scoring is a reflection of so many things, and certainly does NOT necessarily equate to bad basketball or bad basketball teams.

Can we say: SHOT CLOCK

Shmacaba... Shomackataka... Shute Clerk... Shumba Clumba... Soot Clook...

Sorry I don't seem to be able to do it.

I believe we've already beat this one to death on BGP.

First there are the logistics problems with gyms that aren't

built for them, the cost, etc.

If we're going to keep a single division for basketball we're

going to keep from using the aforementioned device for

many people feel that if a small school is going to win a

state title in basketball, it will be because of ball control,

similar to the style of Graves County this year.

It seems that the only reason that so many people, and

this includes many of us at Russell, like a timer is so

that there are fewer ways to get beat or upset in a game.

Come on folks, its high school basketball: games will be

closer than they should be, last second shots will fall through,

there should always be upsets. Give me a legitimate reason

other than "It's not interesting enough without one," (which

is not legitimate itself), but do it on the thread that already

exists on the subject.

As for Graves County, the source of all the controversy,

congratulations on beating an exceptional team. With the

style they play and the way they execute, they have as

good a chance as anyone to win the tourny. This is not

unprecedented for their coach, who has done well in the

past. For Russell and South Laurel, they just went up a

team that has a great inside presence, quick guards, and a

team that simply was better, at least on the day each team

played them. However, there is always next year.

And Tubby, I love the way you play Devil's Advocate. Keep

up the sarcasm buddy.:thumb:

What an embarrassment. South Laurel can score only 37 points in a game. Maybe they should consider firing the coach.

These teams dont deserve to play in the state tournament, Russell and South Laurel. Oh yeah, John Hardin only got 33in their game, these teams should possibly cancel basketball and concentrate on another sport.

TBF, I think most all Russell people on this site knew exactly where you were going with this. I totally agree that GCHS was underrated by many fans including myself. Certainly this victory today by GCHS makes RHS look a whole lot better and posters from other 16th region teams are probably not so sure they would actually want a piece of GCHS.

My problem with the RHS performance was our lack of inspired play and unforced errors. For heavens sake, our first trip in 34 years should be inspiration by itself. It seemed our kid's didn't mind for the season to be over. That is disappointing to me, not the point total.

A game is 32 minutes and in that 32 minutes Graves and South only scored 37 points. Dont you think that is a disgrace to the game of basketball and these teams dont deserve to be at Rupp? Most people think we should get some teams in there that can SCORE.

I suppose your team would have done better. Hey its up to the particular coach on how fast or slow they want to play. I was there and I enjoyed the game. Im sorry your team didnt make it. Better luck next year. And no it isnt a disgrace because they deserve to be there or they wouldnt be.

I suppose your team would have done better. Hey its up to the particular coach on how fast or slow they want to play. I was there and I enjoyed the game. Im sorry your team didnt make it. Better luck next year. And no it isnt a disgrace because they deserve to be there or they wouldnt be.

Mojo -

TBF made his opening post with sarcasm in mind. Everything in that post was "tongue in cheek". He did not mean it as a slam to Russell, it's coaches, players, or administration.

Frances