Russell , South Laurel

speaking of Defense, did anyone else notice that Russell held Graves to 42 points while they ran up 46 points on the defending state Champs?

Now thats impressive!:ylsuper:

They got an extra 4 minutes. In 32 they held Graves to 37. Sorry to bust your bubble Shooter. Dont be trying to build up this terrible Russell team. We've already decided to fire all coaches from Russell, South Laurel, and John Hardin.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did we ever decide how long a game was?:D

is it 32 or 36 minutes?

How do you apply for these openings coming up?

Those are some pretty attractive situations:thumb:

Oh, and one other question, at what point does good defense and patient offense become boring?

I knew you could help an inquiring mind out

ps Raceland only scored 42 in their last game, does that put that guy on the bubble?:sssh:

They got an extra 4 minutes. In 32 they held Graves to 37. Sorry to bust your bubble Shooter. Dont be trying to build up this terrible Russell team. We've already decided to fire all coaches from Russell' date=' South Laurel, and John Hardin.[/quote']

Might as well add Ashland's coaches on there too and just for fun let's add Raceland's and Greenup's.

Doesn't say much for the BEST if they couldn't beat the teams that are there though, does it?

Apparently you know notning about b-ball? The best teams don't win ALL OF THE TIME! Just look at the NCAA tourney upsets. Even Duke and UCONN got beat from time to time this year! That is just the way it goes.

My problem with the RHS performance was our lack of inspired play and unforced errors. For heavens sake, our first trip in 34 years should be inspiration by itself. It seemed our kid's didn't mind for the season to be over. That is disappointing to me, not the point total.

:thumb: Kids can't allow the Region title to be the end of their motivation! I didn't see the Russell game so I don't know if they played inspired ball or not. I know they played a good game and I hope that they played inspired ball. That is all you can ask of a team.

What an embarrassment. South Laurel can score only 37 points in a game. Maybe they should consider firing the coach.

These teams dont deserve to play in the state tournament, Russell and South Laurel. Oh yeah, John Hardin only got 33in their game, these teams should possibly cancel basketball and concentrate on another sport.

Thats a little harsh. Maybe you should apply for the job and show us how you make players score when they can't.

Did we ever decide how long a game was?:D

is it 32 or 36 minutes?

How do you apply for these openings coming up?

Those are some pretty attractive situations:thumb:

Oh, and one other question, at what point does good defense and patient offense become boring?

I knew you could help an inquiring mind out

ps Raceland only scored 42 in their last game, does that put that guy on the bubble?:sssh:

A regulation game is 32 minutes same as cash. Oops.

I think its all boring and I think that guy at Raceland may have been the guy that started all this slow down ball. He idolized some of the tactics that the Greenup former coach used. I thought we got rid of that down the road, now Hicks does it too. Morgan will run and shoot, but they dont want to let the other team score. They grab and push and hold like those old Greenup teams.

Where are the Loyola Marymounts' of the 16th Region?

Thats a little harsh. Maybe you should apply for the job and show us how you make players score when they can't.

If the administration has any backbone and fires the coach, I'll apply and we WILL score. Come watch us Run and Gun and we wont defend any so we can get it back and shoot it. The 3's will Rain and you better be ready for a track meet if you play my team.

If the administration has any backbone and fires the coach' date=' I'll apply and we WILL score. Come watch us Run and Gun and we wont defend any so we can get it back and shoot it. The 3's will Rain and you better be ready for a track meet if you play my team.[/quote']

If you are truly Tubby's best friend then the Russell faithful definantly wont be seeing that kind of offense from you.

Great Defense or just terrible offense??? I'm confused because all these days it seems to be different in everybody that I talk to.

Or is it the coach's fault that the team won region and your star player gets you there with the help of great coaching but has ONE bad game in two State Tournaments(after getting MP of the 1st dont forget) and you get beat and everyone gets mad at you because the team couldnt repeat as Champs??? After saying this I'm even more confused

If the administration has any backbone and fires the coach' date=' I'll apply and we WILL score. Come watch us Run and Gun and we wont defend any so we can get it back and shoot it. The 3's will Rain and you better be ready for a track meet if you play my team.[/quote']

Your like that interim coach that gets replaced by Coach Dale(Hackman) in Hoosiers!!!!:lol:

"You can score if you don't shoot!!!! Put her in the hole!!" Something like that!!!

Your like that interim coach that gets replaced by Coach Dale(Hackman) in Hoosiers!!!!:lol:

"You can score if you don't shoot!!!! Put her in the hole!!" Something like that!!!

Oops, can should be can't!!! I hate when I do that!!:irked: