RB Close, give to Dixie

WR SK, Winkler really good

OL. Dixie, by a mile

DL Dixie, by a mile

LB. SK

DB. Dixie

ST. Dixie

Speed. Dixie, by a mile

Better in the trenches, better team speed, and the best playmaker in Northern Ky. Dixie in a walkaway

Oh crap! Did Hoge just transfer to Dixie???

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh crap! Did Hoge just transfer to Dixie???

Bird fan highhacks thread that has nothing to do with them. I'll bite though. Through last week, Hoge averages 9.5 yards per throw attempt and 6.4 per rush. Moore 8.6 per pass attempt, 9.0 per rush. Moore wins.

Dixie does have a passing game and it drives me crazy when people say they don't. Check their passing attempts all season. THEY DON'T NEED TO THROW THE BALL. Their unstoppable on the run, if the opposing team has no answer for the running game then you RUN THE BALL!

Wait. Unstoppable run and good passing game? Cov cath? I'm on the Dixie bandwagon and think they will win and I do hope whoever wins can make a run at it, but some of the adjectives being thrown around are a little over the top here. Now if you say unstoppable against the teams you've played so far, okay. But I'm not so sure Dixie's opponents are much better than SK' so far other than CovCath. And that one good opponent seemed to be able to shut down the pass and the run.

Bird fan highhacks thread that has nothing to do with them. I'll bite though. Through last week, Hoge averages 9.5 yards per throw attempt and 6.4 per rush. Moore 8.6 per pass attempt, 9.0 per rush. Moore wins.

Ha ha! Starting to sound like someone else. Stats alone don't always tell the entire story my friend I'm with ya until you throw in the "against who?" What we're Moores stats against Cov Cath? I really don't know. I'm asking because that really the only true test game we have to go by.

Not hijacking at all. Making a comment on your comment being a little overzealous. Doesn't take a hhs fan to be able to argue what you said.

I've seen them both play. Moore is a dynamic runner against decent teams. Hoge is a playmaker against anyone he plays.

Wait. Unstoppable run and good passing game? Cov cath? I'm on the Dixie bandwagon and think they will win and I do hope whoever wins can make a run at it, but some of the adjectives being thrown around are a little over the top here. Now if you say unstoppable against the teams you've played so far, okay. But I'm not so sure Dixie's opponents are much better than SK' so far other than CovCath. And that one good opponent seemed to be able to shut down the pass and the run.

If Dixie were to play CovCath now, even healthy, it is not all that close. They have improved dramatically which is a credit to the staff.

If you've followed Dixie all year, that wasn't even the same team basically the first game of the season. I think that beat down was actually great for them. it woke them up and they have dominated ever since. CovCath wouldn't stand a chance against the team Dixie is now. All that matters is who is at their peak and hot and has their game plan down going into the playoffs. 1st game of the season in August means nothing.

Get ahold of some game film. Olmstead was over johnson in the last match. They only will be head to head if SK moves him to G. And if you do this, Machlitt will eat whatever tackle you put there. No 'Neer can stop Johnson 1 on 1. He's a player you have to plan around. Kind of like your doing here.

Dude, if Olmstead can block this guy :

Daniel Cage Bio - UND.COM - University of Notre Dame Official Athletic Site

he can block Johnson.

If you've followed Dixie all year, that wasn't even the same team basically the first game of the season. I think that beat down was actually great for them. it woke them up and they have dominated ever since. CovCath wouldn't stand a chance against the team Dixie is now. All that matters is who is at their peak and hot and has their game plan down going into the playoffs. 1st game of the season in August means nothing.

Then you tell me what game on the schedule confirms the they have an unstoppable run game and good passing game. The only game will be in the state finals. If it's unstoppable and passing is good in the state game, I'm all in. But if we are saying Cov Cath was a fluke and Dixie would win now and most know Cov cath has struggled (even lost to Ryle) then we really don't have a "test the theory" game yet.

If Dixie were to play CovCath now, even healthy, it is not all that close. They have improved dramatically which is a credit to the staff.

Not doubting it could be a different outcome now. But Cov cath is getting healthy and better now too, so my guess is it would be a good game. Point being then, what game or team they have played makes you know they have an unstoppable running game and good passing game? Moore can run and has a great arm, but having a great arm doesn't mean you are a great passer and running against teams that don't have the athletes to consistently stop you, doesn't make a unstoppable running attack and good passing.

Not hating on Dixie at all. But just a Lil crazy with the adjectives. If they do it against the other side of the bracket in the championship game, I'll be the first one in here to congratulate them and commend them for their dominance. I'm just kinda in the same mode of who have they played that actually could challenge that statement.

I need to see it to believe it. I saw the SK game and SK's stategy and the fact they were slow on defense (also slow in the cc game) tells me that's the closest we will get til the finals of knowing how good their game really is.

Then you tell me what game on the schedule confirms the they have an unstoppable run game and good passing game. The only game will be in the state finals. If it's unstoppable and passing is good in the state game, I'm all in. But if we are saying Cov Cath was a fluke and Dixie would win now and most know Cov cath has struggled (even lost to Ryle) then we really don't have a "test the theory" game yet.

I'm confused. Look at the statistics all season, they've dominated with their running game. They have a passing game if they need to use it but they don't have to. If their struggling with the run then you try your passing game but they haven't had to change their game plan all season besides the terrible game they played against cov cath.

I'm confused. Look at the statistics all season, they've dominated with their running game. They have a passing game if they need to use it but they don't have to. If their struggling with the run then you try your passing game but they haven't had to change their game plan all season besides the terrible game they played against cov cath.

I'm saying that I will judge them when they play a really good team. They ran the ball well against the teams they played. That's why the comment should be, no one has stopped us yet. Because I think there is most likely a good team coming from the other side of the bracket. And whoever comes from that other side will be the best team Dixie has faces all year. That will be the judge if if its unstoppable. Some of the teams on the Dixie schedule are decent, but I wouldn't say any of them have the tools to even slow down a dominant running game. Just wish they had a test opponent in the schedule.

I'm rooting for Dixie. I really am! Just not sure I agree with all the comments. They are very good. But the only real test of "how good" is still ahead of them.

QB Dixie

RB Close, give to Dixie

WR SK, Winkler really good

OL. Dixie, by a mile

DL Dixie, by a mile

LB. SK

DB. Dixie

ST. Dixie

Speed. Dixie, by a mile

Better in the trenches, better team speed, and the best playmaker in Northern Ky. Dixie in a walkaway

I can't argue anything other than RB. Powell is special when healthy.

Drew Moore had 14 of 16 passing for 145 yards passing last game at Ryle and 100 yards rushing. Even Ryle's coach admitted that Drew can pass if he has to. He will take what the defense gives him.

From what I saw last meeting with Simon Kenton, Moore and Zajac were doing whatever they wanted with the ball and I think it will be the same next Friday. The only way Simon Kenton could win this game is if Dillon Powell and Logan Winkler come out and have their best game of the season. They will need to get to 40 points to be able to keep up with Dixie's offensive weapons.

I agree with you, Dixie will have to use their passing game the deeper they get into the playoffs. Teams like Trinity will not allow the 50, 60, 70 yard big plays that Moore and Zajac do best.