CCH Student Section at Rupp

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more compliment...I was talking to the father of a frosh basketballer at CCH...and the dad asked son if he would consider transferring next year to make sure he got to play more...the son told Dad that if only got to spend 3 years in the stands cheering with his classmates that he would consider his basketball career far superior to anything else he could think of....you guys are great! and you do it with a really classy energy that keeps the whole thing in perspective...I am proud of you...(so the answer to dad was NO WAY!

nWo is correct, it was almost like the KHSAA Commissioner was trying to say that everybody in Rupp knew that CovCath had the best student cheering section, but because they didn't have any "cheerleaders" they couldn't win this award, but that they deserved it, as their student cheering section was the best in the Commonwealth....... No Kidding, it was like she was embarrassed to give the award to anyone else but CovCath.....:dancingpa

On a side note: After the awards were given out some Apollo students tried to do the wave like CovCath from bottom to top of their section. After two attempts that failed miserably, they tried to do the slow motion wave when many, many fans in Rupp (I kid you not) yelled at them that they weren't CovCath.....It was way cool....:D

Finlay look for Apollo to be in the Finals come Saturday....They looked very good tonight.....

Colonel Crazies- "Often Imitated, Never Duplicated"

That's pretty awesome. I actually stayed with the guy who did the boxing cheer Wednesday night at UK, and we were talking about that cheer the night before and hoping it would get the desired reaction. It obviously did. That cheer was actually thought up at school Wednesday morning and was set into motion within a few hours. That is how well choreographed the CCH section is. At the pep rally, it was explained and the seniors showed the school how it was to be done.

Cov Cath's cheer section is without a doubt the best cheer section in the world they did some of the best stuff ever and they deserve an award for the best cheer section from the KHSAA I think more people watch the cheer section than they watch the game!!!

No one else came close. Student sections or cheerleaders. CC was the the leaders of all the cheers. Best I have have ever seen or will ever see I am sure. Surely deserved an award.

During the KAPOS presentation the announcement was:

"Although there is no award given for "Outstanding Crowd Participation" KAPOS President Lucy Moore believes she would be remiss if she did not recognize the excellent enthusiasm and spirit displayed by the Covington Catholic cheering section. Lucy hopes that all of the cheerleaders were taking notes at the excellent display of the school spirit and use them as a model for crowd involvement. Great job Covington Catholic."

They also received an award from the KHSAA after the championship last night. It was in a trophy form. Not sure who the guys were that accepted it.

The Guys who accepted the award i believe were Alex Ratliff and Griffin Wurtz (the Boxer and his trainer), Zach Spradlin (Roller Coaster Driver), Andrew Blazejewski (President of Spirit Club), and Michael "LOGG" Stephens (Publicizes Basketball events throughout school).

I think it is awesome that the state recognized how awesome the student section was and acknowledged them. I also think it would be cool if the colonels had boxing gloves around the trophy when they put it in the trophy case just like puttin the shoe on the trophy 2 years ago