CCH Student Section at Rupp

The Guys who accepted the award i believe were Alex Ratliff and Griffin Wurtz (the Boxer and his trainer), Zach Spradlin (Roller Coaster Driver), Andrew Blazejewski (President of Spirit Club), and Michael "LOGG" Stephens (Publicizes Basketball events throughout school).

I think it is awesome that the state recognized how awesome the student section was and acknowledged them. I also think it would be cool if the colonels had boxing gloves around the trophy when they put it in the trophy case just like puttin the shoe on the trophy 2 years ago

It was brought to my attention by a certain someone.....that one student was left out. Sean McGee was another student down at Rupp last night. And he, not Blazejewski is the spirit club president.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news for those who come to see it next year, I hear that a lot of the cheers are in fact started by a junior :thumb:

I think the colonels will always have a great cheering section but i will disagree with you about ALOT of the cheers being started by the juniors. This senior class did an awesome job. Heck this class brought in 2 of the best cheers (the rollarcoaster, and boxing) it will be hard to top that. These seniors seemed to be great leaders and i think they did a wonderful job leading the section this year. The Juniors have some big shoes to fill next year but good luck and i hope to see some good creativity

What was the shoe cheer?

In 04 one of the opposing players lost a shoe. He had to go a couple of possesions without a shoe. The whole student section (400 + boys) took of one shoe and held it up in the air.

Gentlemen, just be happy that the Lexington and Louisville papers reported the event. If you had to wait to read what our own local papers wrote, you just might be dead by now. You know it is really a shame that both the Enquirer and the Post wrote nothing about what the Colonels Crazies did in Rupp until Monday (note the post finally did give a blurb on Monday but the Enquirer still hasn't). Why is it that the local kids doing well in the State Tournament, get more press from downstate newspapers, that the local paper in Northern Kentucky?

Read all three.....

Louisville Courier Journal

Lexington Herald Leader

Kentucky Post

My question is this:

I have seen CCH play quite a few times this season (we're talking about 5 games) and I am yet to see a "Cha Cha" cheer. That's a traditional CCH cheer...just like "Cov Cath is Cool, Cov Cath is awesome" & "Down by the river..."

So my question is why not? There are some cheers you don't leave out...the aforementioned two are some, and the "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" is another...

My question is this:

I have seen CCH play quite a few times this season (we're talking about 5 games) and I am yet to see a "Cha Cha" cheer. That's a traditional CCH cheer...just like "Cov Cath is Cool, Cov Cath is awesome" & "Down by the river..."

So my question is why not? There are some cheers you don't leave out...the aforementioned two are some, and the "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" is another...

I believe that we have done the "Cha Cha" cheer at every game. ( We might of left it out once or twice but no more than that.) And We do the "you've lost that loving feeling after win. We will start it at one minute to go. If it is close though we will sing it when we are walking out.