Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fifth Third Arena Renovation

Featured Replies

Saw the following pictures in a survey that I was sent today for what 5/3rd could potentially look like when they start renovating in 16/17.

 

2_3214349.jpeg

 

2_3213856.jpeg

 

3213819.jpeg

 

2_3213855.jpeg

 

From talking to a guy the other day when I was there, the plan is to completely gut everything in the lower arena and make it bowl seating, make the student section steeper but closer to the court and add seats in the corners, renovate the current UCATS lounge and make that wall suites with seating that comes out over the student section.

 

The outside is also getting a facelift and glass panels will replace some of the brick section as you can see in the pic above.

 

They are also putting in a new locker room and player's lounge as part of a separate project I believe the Enquirer or gobearcats might have had pictures a couple months ago of that?

Is it funded?

  • Author

Locker room renovation renderings

 

10197334.jpeg

10197324.jpeg

10197325.jpeg

10197326.jpeg

10197327.jpeg

10197333.jpeg

  • Author
Is it funded?

 

Locker room funding was raised by Mick himself.

 

As for the arena, I assume it will be similar to Nippert. Private donations to kick start the project then funded throughout by the university. GT might be able to shed some light on that.

 

A bid has already been sent to the state of Ohio for qualifications for architectural and engeineering services for a $70 mi project. Responses are due 12/4/14.

I got a little more excited than I should have when I saw the thread title. Then I realized it was about Fifth Third Arena and not US Bank Arena. The latter is the dump of all city arenas.

Am I wrong or isn't there a parking issue with 5/3 Arena?

I got a little more excited than I should have when I saw the thread title. Then I realized it was about Fifth Third Arena and not US Bank Arena. The latter is the dump of all city arenas.

 

Yeah, I had to stop and think a bit at first, too...because I, personally, still refer to them as "the Shoe" and the Coliseum.

  • Author
Am I wrong or isn't there a parking issue with 5/3 Arena?

 

They added more parking when they did the Calhoun St project and added a couple parking garages in between the new restaurants and housing.

Is it funded?

 

Funding is being lined up. Project is still in the early stages and has not gone to the board for approval...

Not really a material question, just wondering, what are the 2 arcade games?

Am I wrong or isn't there a parking issue with 5/3 Arena?

 

Not sure how since it doesn't sell out.

  • Author

Finally complete...a few things still left to do before Ohio State next Wednesday, but here are some pictures from last night's exhibition and others I've found prior to the opening.

 

renovated 3.jpg

 

renovated 4.jpeg

 

renovated 2.jpg

 

Dq2jEXFWwAAb_jk.jpg

 

renovated 8.jpg

Dq9lCLGWoAAn7MR.jpg

  • Author

Transformation:

 

IMG_20181027_161610.jpg

  • Author

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.