Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach K on Obama

Featured Replies

Didn't coach K go to West Point ? So yes if you graduated Med School that would make you a doctor.

 

So, he graduated in 1974, went straight into coaching and hasn't been in the Army since, yet you think he is fit to give war advice?

 

If I graduated med school in 1974 and didn't see a patient after graduation, would you schedule an appointment with me?

 

Absurd. Graduating from West Point does not make you knowledgeable on how war works, especially when you graduated 40 years ago.

He is absolutely correct. He didn't criticize anything except the idea that a good coach/leader would not tell the enemy what he is or isn't willing to do. He is right. A football coach doesn't tell the opponent when he is going to blitz and a baseball coach doesn't tell the batter that a curve ball is coming. I have no problem with what he said.

 

From the article...

 

After a round of applause, Krzyzewski explained why Obama’s public announcement that he won’t use ground troops against ISIS was just bad coaching - because it allows the other team to stop preparing for it and gives them added confidence.

 

“It’s about letting your opponent know we are going to use our best players. And whether we use them or not, that’s up to the coach. You never tell your opponent you are not going to use [them], like I’m not going to play Grant Hill, J.J. Redick, -Christian] Laettner,” he said, rattling off the names of some of his biggest stars at Duke.

 

The former Olympic coach then turned the metaphor to international play, comparing Obama’s words to saying, “‘Hey Spain, I’m not going to start Lebron [James] and Kobe [bryant] tonight.’ I don’t think you do that. Now how much I play them? Let the guy try to figure out how much I’m going to play them.”

He is absolutely correct. He didn't criticize anything except the idea that a good coach/leader would not tell the enemy what he is or isn't willing to do. He is right. A football coach doesn't tell the opponent when he is going to blitz and a baseball coach doesn't tell the batter that a curve ball is coming. I have no problem with what he said.

 

From the article...

 

After a round of applause, Krzyzewski explained why Obama’s public announcement that he won’t use ground troops against ISIS was just bad coaching - because it allows the other team to stop preparing for it and gives them added confidence.

 

“It’s about letting your opponent know we are going to use our best players. And whether we use them or not, that’s up to the coach. You never tell your opponent you are not going to use [them], like I’m not going to play Grant Hill, J.J. Redick, -Christian] Laettner,” he said, rattling off the names of some of his biggest stars at Duke.

 

The former Olympic coach then turned the metaphor to international play, comparing Obama’s words to saying, “‘Hey Spain, I’m not going to start Lebron [James] and Kobe [bryant] tonight.’ I don’t think you do that. Now how much I play them? Let the guy try to figure out how much I’m going to play them.”

 

Like I said, he needs to focus on beating Mercer this year. I don't want to hear anything non-basketball from him until I get my redemption from last season. Does he know what it is like to be a Duke fan in this state? It's like being an Obama guy in this state. He better get his tail back in the gym and make Jalil Okafor do his thing. I don't need this disappointment in my life, Coach K. We gotta get to the Final Four this year!!!! Too many Burger Boys!!!!!

 

He needs to quit that stupid four corner offense we are up 20 points with 9 minutes left in the game. Put them out of commission Coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said, he needs to focus on beating Mercer this year. I don't want to hear anything non-basketball from him until I get my redemption from last season. Does he know what it is like to be a Duke fan in this state? It's like being an Obama guy in this state. He better get his tail back in the gym and make Jalil Okafor do his thing. I don't need this disappointment in my life, Coach K. We gotta get to the Final Four this year!!!! Too many Burger Boys!!!!!

 

He needs to quit that stupid four corner offense we are up 20 points with 9 minutes left in the game. Put them out of commission Coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Interesting. I think I'd like to restate my position on this topic. You go ahead and concentrate on beating ISIS for us, Coach! Don't worry about the basketball team. They'll be fine. :clap:

It may not be for him to say, but what he said is sound.

 

Why take anything off of the table?

Like I said, he needs to focus on beating Mercer this year. I don't want to hear anything non-basketball from him until I get my redemption from last season. Does he know what it is like to be a Duke fan in this state? It's like being an Obama guy in this state. He better get his tail back in the gym and make Jalil Okafor do his thing. I don't need this disappointment in my life, Coach K. We gotta get to the Final Four this year!!!! Too many Burger Boys!!!!!

 

He needs to quit that stupid four corner offense we are up 20 points with 9 minutes left in the game. Put them out of commission Coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Few things PP92...(1) I think Coach K has time to prepare his team and pay attention to the news (2) does Duke play Mercer this year? (3) living in KY rooting for Duke and Obama...you DO need to move to another state (I suggest North Carolina):)!!

Few things PP92...(1) I think Coach K has time to prepare his team and pay attention to the news (2) does Duke play Mercer this year? (3) living in KY rooting for Duke and Obama...you DO need to move to another state (I suggest North Carolina):)!!

 

 

1.) No. No he doesn't. He needs to get either on the court or in the film room. UNC players don't even go to class. He needs to be preparing 24/7.

 

2.) I hope not.

 

3.) Not until retirement and then I'm likely headed to South Carolina or Florida.

1.) No. No he doesn't. He needs to get either on the court or in the film room. UNC players don't even go to class. He needs to be preparing 24/7.

 

2.) I hope not.

 

3.) Not until retirement and then I'm likely headed to South Carolina or Florida.

 

 

:no:

 

Florida.jpg

He needs to quit that stupid four corner offense we are up 20 points with 9 minutes left in the game. Put them out of commission Coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

"It's not worth winning if you can't win BIG!!!"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.