Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 3 Trinity 2

Featured Replies

Scott is very talented at hitting a player AFTER they have played the ball and the referee has turned away. That's thing one wrong with soccer, there's no way 1 official can see everything on the field that happens away from the ball or after a ball has been played. The officials completely lost control of this game. When a player form Trinity was down on the field a player from Scott was standing over him jawing while the trainer was working on him. That's classless and he should have been ejected. The play that sent the Trinity kid to the hospital was an elbow to the back of the head. I'm not going to say Scott was dirty but they did lead the state in yellow and red cards this year.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

" Scott is the dirtiest team I've ever seen " was what some Trinity coaches and supporters had to say. This was a very physical match ( as expected ) and no I don't believe there was any moments where I would say wow that was so dirty. Rough play on both sides. However I do not believe Trinity was a team that had seen much of this type of aggression play. Treadway did have a great game ( NOT the game of his life ) but he came up big when he needed to. Without the help of Schnieder and Morgan he wouldn't have been in the opprrtunits he was today. Amazing to see this team make it this far and they deserve every bit of it. Ready to win the state title for the first time ever for scott and any other NKY school.

 

This gonna sound wishy washy, but I whole heartedly agree with Scott being the dirtiest team I have ever seen. I hate everything about their M.O. and their attitude. They have an element to them that takes the other team out of their game. I think they stretch the limits and often get away with way too much. Having said that, I love their intensity and style of play. They are just so impressive to watch. I don't know how the Lexington and Louisville schools match up with them, but they just took down #1. The refs must not think they are so dirty, because they generally swallow their whistles for them. I really think there is no team in the state that is used to their style of play and that gives them a huge advantage. Teams can't believe all the non-calls from the refs when they play Scott and it throws them off their game. Even though I think Scott is super dirty and lacks a lot of class most of the time, the refs obviously don't and that's all that matters. Kudos to Scott for figuring that out. They are certainly in position to win it all.

I heard about that remark, and also the remarks about how Scott has no real technical skill or class on the field. It's mainly through dirty, dangerous play that they won. Nevertheless, they did win, and whatever tactics they used, worked... Scott should enjoy their success this year because when Treadway and Schneider are gone that team will be nothing special. I agree that Morgan has had a good season too, but mainly due to the help of the other two boys. Are they all seniors? Or is Morgan a junior? I read somewhere that Morgan is on the same club team as a 5 or 6 NKY players that are seniors this year.

 

Morgan is a Junior.

I heard about that remark, and also the remarks about how Scott has no real technical skill or class on the field. It's mainly through dirty, dangerous play that they won. Nevertheless, they did win, and whatever tactics they used, worked... Scott should enjoy their success this year because when Treadway and Schneider are gone that team will be nothing special. I agree that Morgan has had a good season too, but mainly due to the help of the other two boys. Are they all seniors? Or is Morgan a junior? I read somewhere that Morgan is on the same club team as a 5 or 6 NKY players that are seniors this year.

Morgan is a junior and yes he is on that club team. He currently has 25 assists I believe and Treadway and Schnieder would not be as successful without him in the middle same vise versa

Morgan is a junior and yes he is on that club team. He currently has 25 assists I believe and Treadway and Schnieder would not be as successful without him in the middle same vise versa

I know the club team is U17 this season and has a bunch of young high school seniors, so wasn't sure if Morgan was one of them.

Let's not open the whole "assist" debate again...

Just home from family obligations......congrats Scott.......bring it on home....

 

Sounds as if it played out as my post in the prediction thread ...

 

Can anyone provide details on the goals scored?

Scott is very talented at hitting a player AFTER they have played the ball and the referee has turned away. That's thing one wrong with soccer, there's no way 1 official can see everything on the field that happens away from the ball or after a ball has been played. The officials completely lost control of this game. When a player form Trinity was down on the field a player from Scott was standing over him jawing while the trainer was working on him. That's classless and he should have been ejected. The play that sent the Trinity kid to the hospital was an elbow to the back of the head. I'm not going to say Scott was dirty but they did lead the state in yellow and red cards this year.

Let me 1st say how impressed I was with the ROCKS. Let me also correct you Scott doesn't have the most Red cards in the state. What I saw today is two teams playing hard and yes both teams were playing aggressive. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe both teams received 4 yellow cards today. I also hope the young man is OK do you have any updates.

Let me 1st say how impressed I was with the ROCKS. Let me also correct you Scott doesn't have the most Red cards in the state. What I saw today is two teams playing hard and yes both teams were playing aggressive. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe both teams received 4 yellow cards today. I also hope the young man is OK do you have any updates.

 

Luckily the kid is OK but it could have been ugly. We have a difference of opinion and to be 100% honest I don't blame Scott for their play, I blame the refs. THEY ALLOWED IT AND THEY LOST CONTROL OF THE GAME. When it became obvious that the referee had lost control he TRIED to regain it by throwing cards, especially after the ambulance. I really, really hope that crew has worked their last game of the tournament.

Luckily the kid is OK but it could have been ugly. We have a difference of opinion and to be 100% honest I don't blame Scott for their play, I blame the refs. THEY ALLOWED IT AND THEY LOST CONTROL OF THE GAME. When it became obvious that the referee had lost control he TRIED to regain it by throwing cards, especially after the ambulance. I really, really hope that crew has worked their last game of the tournament.

 

I covered the match as a reporter from the press box and my wife was an on-field photographer. I'm covering Scott though I have absolutely no rooting interest in the game other than more people will read if Scott wins. That said, I've driven a couple thousand miles the past couple of weeks so doing without another 200-mile round trip would've been appealing. And before anyone asks, neither one of us went to school at any level in Kentucky.

 

I'm really sorry the Trinity player was hurt, and the last report I heard was that was OK. It's a real shame someone was hurt that badly, and I'm relieved that he's doing well.

 

Now, let's put the elbow-to-the-head comment to rest permanently.

 

b24.jpg

 

I know it happened quickly and we didn't get the benefit of replay, but that's the forearm of a goalkeeper going for the ball, not an elbow, and the player is going up. With respect to everyone else here, I've watched hockey from a very close perspective my entire life and realize the nuance between forearm and elbow from an optic perspective and how drastic the amount of damage an elbow can do vs. a forearm and could tell immediately it wasn't a dirty play.

 

My wife took that shot and she played when she was young and said it wasn't a dirty play, and she couldn't have cared less who won.

 

I talked to people from Louisville that cover Trinity and showed these pictures to several people not involved in the match who played, officiated and reported on soccer that were curious about the incident, and every single person said it wasn't a dirty play.

 

Stockton came across as a class act after a tough loss and I wish him well. Helfrich came across as a crybaby -- not saying he is, just saying he was having a bad day and that's how he came across -- and whined about the officials in postgame interviews to the point where he wouldn't talk about anything else.

 

The bottom line is it was 2-2 when the injury happened and Scott scored a third goal cleanly to win. The refs didn't give anyone anything.

b23.jpg

Edited by RedAndBlackhawks
Type

  • Author

RedandBlackHawks---thanks for posting the pictures and for your reporting. Tell your wife thanks as well! :thumb:

Redandblackhawk, very fair of you to post that pic and tell the story from the vantage point you and your wife had. I have no dog in the fight either, but hate hearing when a player is hurt and taken off by ambulance. Once again it seems like the officials were horrendous. Hopefully after the amount of bad feeling they generated this whole season, some proper training might be put in place before next season starts. Realistically though, I can't see that happening.

I covered the match as a reporter from the press box and my wife was an on-field photographer. I'm covering Scott though I have absolutely no rooting interest in the game other than more people will read if Scott wins. That said, I've driven a couple thousand miles the past couple of weeks so doing without another 200-mile round trip would've been appealing. And before anyone asks, neither one of us went to school at any level in Kentucky.

 

I'm really sorry the Trinity player was hurt, and the last report I heard was that was OK. It's a real shame someone was hurt that badly, and I'm relieved that he's doing well.

 

Now, let's put the elbow-to-the-head comment to rest permanently.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47648[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47649[/ATTACH]

 

I know it happened quickly and we didn't get the benefit of replay, but that's the forearm of a goalkeeper going for the ball, not an elbow, and the player is going up. With respect to everyone else here, I've watched hockey from a very close perspective my entire life and realize the nuance between forearm and elbow from an optic perspective and how drastic the amount of damage an elbow can do vs. a forearm and could tell immediately it wasn't a dirty play.

 

My wife took that shot and she played when she was young and said it wasn't a dirty play, and she couldn't have cared less who won.

 

I talked to people from Louisville that cover Trinity and showed these pictures to several people not involved in the match who played, officiated and reported on soccer that were curious about the incident, and every single person said it wasn't a dirty play.

 

Stockton came across as a class act after a tough loss and I wish him well. Helfrich came across as a crybaby -- not saying he is, just saying he was having a bad day and that's how he came across -- and whined about the officials in postgame interviews to the point where he wouldn't talk about anything else.

 

The bottom line is it was 2-2 when the injury happened and Scott scored a third goal cleanly to win. The refs didn't give anyone anything.

 

Maybe if the rest of the game hadn't been so blatantly dirty my impression of the hit would have been different.

 

That said what else was Trinity's coach to talk about? The officiating (or lack there of) played a huge factor in that game, to say otherwise is less then honest. The "gentleman" in the middle had no more business being there then I do and I can assure you I'm 100% unqualified. Maybe, just maybe if more coaches and even reporters called out incompetent officials they would actually try to get better instead of just accepting it.

All Tell you lost all credit when you call the above 50 - 50 ball dirty and really took the Scott kid to task for being so dirty. A picture is worth a 1,000 words. You've exceeded your 1,000 words so please move on. The pictures shows what I knew I saw and that was two kids giving their all for their teams. Unfortunately, one of them came out of the collision hurt and very happy to hear the kid is ok.

Would you be saying the same if it was the other way? Or would it have been a tough break for Scott on a great effort play by Trinity.

 

I didn't see anything dirty on Scott's part. They play aggressive and go hard after every ball that results in collisions sometimes. I applaud the young men on both teams for playing so hard.

It wasn't just that one play so please excuse me if I don't move on. I get it, the Scott players did what they were allowed to get away with, just like holding in football. The refs lost control of this game. I don't take the Scott players to task for doing what they were allowed by the officials to do, I blame the officials. My intention is now to be done with this thread (unless called back in) and go back to a sport where even though there might be regional differences in officiating styles you can still expect the rules to be enforced.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.