Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 3 Trinity 2

Featured Replies

All tell

I hear what you're saying you believe that Scott was taking shots after the ball was played through. How about when the Trinity players were doing the same thing. Yes they were taking a couple of shots after the ball was played. The difference here I saw both teams doing it where you saw Scott. But I can ensure you the Trinity coaches review the video of this game it won't the aggressive play that the cost the ROCKS the game it will be the lackey of their own offensive agg

  • Replies 68
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was the lack of their ability to aggressivEly attact Scott's defense. The ROCKS had several opportunities in the 1st half to attack and finish. However they to play it safe. That's what really cost them the match it could easily been 2 to 0 at half. So stop spending talking about things didn't really hAve an impact on the outcome of the match.

Watching boys soccer action anywhere around the net makes me chuckle when I think of parents who do not want their boy to play football because it's too violent.

And based on your screen name you're going to defend the officials. I still say that the officials totally lost control of that game. There were hits after the ball was played then it should have been carded and stopped ON BOTH TEAMS early in the game. Once they had lost control of the game they were not going to get it back. I haven't even said anything about the "antics" of a certain Scott player that were allowed to continue through the game.

And based on your screen name you're going to defend the officials. I still say that the officials totally lost control of that game. There were hits after the ball was played then it should have been carded and stopped ON BOTH TEAMS early in the game. Once they had lost control of the game they were not going to get it back. I haven't even said anything about the "antics" of a certain Scott player that were allowed to continue through the game.

 

I am pretty sure you just said something about it....

 

Are you going to elaborate, or just leave us hanging.

I am pretty sure you just said something about it....

 

Are you going to elaborate, or just leave us hanging.

Nothing like this actually happened..... But give him some time, hopefully he makes something good up.

This was our entire story, and our photo gallery can be seen here: Scott shocks top-ranked Trinity at state - Story

 

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Scott needed to battle back from a pair of one-goal deficits against the top-ranked team in the state to advance to the state semifinal round for the first time since 2010.

 

Senior forward Luke Treadway scored all three Eagles goals in his team's 3-2 comeback win over Louisville Trinity in a quarterfinal at Henry Clay High School.

 

“It was a very tough match for us – Trinity is a quality team,” Scott coach Dahlian Anderson said. “At the beginning I talked to the boys, I kind of let them know that listen boys, you've got to believe in yourself, believe that you can beat any team out there. And that's the sort of spirit that they came out with, and of course the result shows right now as we beat the No. 1 team in the state, and that's really a big deal for (our team).”

 

Trinity took the lead when a shot by senior Thomas Shellenberg was tipped out by Eagles junior goalkeeper C.J. Seay and the rebound was booted in from inside the goalie's box by senior Thomas Armistead just 7:24 into the match.

 

Obviously that was not the start Scott wanted, as the Shamrocks had posted eight consecutive shutouts dating back to Oct. 1, and they had not allowed more than one goal since Aug. 30.

 

“You all have to get scared when you go down 1-0 against the best team in the state,” Treadway said. “We just had to learn to bring it together, and that should give you even more reason to fight back and just believe that you can win, never stop believing.”

 

Scoring has not been an issue for the Eagles in the postseason, as they have averaged 5.8 goals in their five playoff matches.

 

“We just told them, hold your heads, and defense: just keep it together, we have the forwards, we have the quality up front -- Blake Schneider, Luke Treadway, Devin Morgan -- and get ball into them and they'll do the rest,” Anderson said.

 

The Eagles had their best chances of the first half in the final three minutes. Treadway hit the side of the net off a free kick from the corner of the box, and Scott had another free kick from the opposite side before the half ended.

 

“I felt like we had pretty good opportunities in the first half, it was coming and it was just a matter of time,” Treadway said. “It worked out for us, we were able to finish our chances.”

 

Said Anderson: “Me and my staff, we were saying if we went down, one-nill at the half, that's great. We can come back from that.”

 

That momentum seemed to carry over into the second half for the Eagles, as Treadway took a through pass from senior Blake Schneider at the top of the goal box and fired it into corner of the net just 1:43 in to tie it.

 

“That was exciting – the entire bench, the entire team was lifted by that,” Anderson said. “They got the ball into Treadway and he did it.”

 

But the Shamrocks answered just 63 seconds later as Armistead banged home a loose ball for his second goal of the match from the side of the cage.

 

Treadway again answered with 26:30 left when the goalkeeper came out to grab a loose ball, but Treadway beat him to it, dribbled once to get around him and deposited it in the net to make it 2-2.

 

A minute earlier, Treadway almost tied it on a bicycle kick from inside the goalie's box, but it was cleared out just before it crossed the goal line, and the clearing attempt hit the inside of the crossbar.

 

Play was delayed for about 15 minutes when Trinity's Joe Stewart was injured seriously enough to require an ambulance when he collided with Seay in the goal box. He was strapped down and put in a neck brace before being taken off.

 

After play resumed, the rapid pace of play seemed to slow. But with 20:25 left, Treadway got loose on the right wing off a ball from junior Devin Morgan, and he ripped one past the keeper to give the Eagles their first lead of the game.

 

It completed his second consecutive hat trick and gave Treadway seven goals in two state tournament matches this season.

 

“Seven goals in the state tournament – he's a dynamite player,” Anderson said. “As I said before, I'm happy that we haven't come up against a forward of Luke Treadway's quality.”

 

Although Morgan was not credited with an assist on the game winner, Treadway was complementary of the passes his teammates sent him.

 

“Blake Schneider played me a beautiful one for our first link-up, and then Devin Morgan had the clutch through ball and I was able to finish, and that won us the game,” Treadway said. “Props to them.”

 

Scott will play South Oldham in a state semifinal on the same field at 6 p.m. on Thursday. The Eagles have never advanced to the state championship match.

 

“It's a dream come true, but it all wouldn't have mattered if our defense hadn't pulled through,” Treadway said. “Our defense was able to clean it up at the end, and if they wouldn't have, we wouldn't have been able to win no matter how many goals we scored.”

 

HALFTIME: 1-0. GOALS: S—Treadway 3. T—Armistead 2. RECORDS: Scott 20-2-1, Trinity 21-3.

I have no problem with a team taking advantage of an official allowing rough play. Not much different (ok maybe just a little different) than a pitcher taking advantage of an umpire with a big strike zone. That said, I have a pretty strong soccer background (I played D1) and I have said for years that of the 4 major sports (basketball, football, baseball, & soccer), soccer is by far the worst officiated sport at the high school level.

And based on your screen name you're going to defend the officials. I still say that the officials totally lost control of that game. There were hits after the ball was played then it should have been carded and stopped ON BOTH TEAMS early in the game. Once they had lost control of the game they were not going to get it back. I haven't even said anything about the "antics" of a certain Scott player that were allowed to continue through the game.

 

All Tell,

 

I can only estimate here, but I believe there are around 150 or so men's high school soccer teams in the state. I would also say that an overwhelming number of them are doing everything they can to gain an advantage. Especially teams with a lot of very talented club players like the ones we saw in the Trinity V Scott match yesterday.

 

The bigger problem I see (and I'm in no way giving the refs here a pass) is the parents in the stands, and the coaches on the bench, and then the refs in that order. What I mean by the parents being a part of the problem is the team colored glasses they / we all wear. It doesn't matter what play happens on the field if 200 parents are there 100 for each team you can see where I'm going here. The problem I see with the coaches and by coaches I mean all coaches is when they allow a player or players to throw there arms up in protest, or want to have a long conversation with the ref to pleed there case as if the ref is going to overturn their call. All Tell if you want to call Scott out for that then I agree with you they are often times guilty as charged. The problem however is they aren't alone. I haven't seen a match all year where that wasn't going on with teams on the field including the Trinity V Scott match yesterday. As for our friends and I use that term loosely the REFS, the biggest problem or problems I see with them is the inconsistency from one crew to the next, or when the center ref doesn't listen or seek advice from their AR's who in most cases were in a much better position to make a call. As far as the knowledge of the game I'll give you an example from the NKY, I know this ref from basketball listen he is a great guy however he has no business on the soccer pitch unless he is there to watch. He was calling touch calls as if it were on the hardwood.

 

All Tell and everyone else,

 

As for no one blames Scott for getting away with calls on the field LISTEN as I said earlier there isn't a good team in the state that isn't doing everything they can to get an advantage on a play or in the match. As for the REFS playing a role in the outcome of this match that's nothing more than joke. As I said in the earlier post what's going to be more painful for the ROCKS and there coaching staff is when they see all of the plays they left on the field. Throughout the entire match it seems as if the ROCKS were looking for the perfect play in the midfield. If they didn't get it they just kept backing off and attempting to reset. Where as Scott especially in the 2nd half was attacking at every opportunity they got. And if the perfect play wasn't there they weren't afraid to attack and attempt to make something happen.

 

I certainly hope All Tell your not expecting the Scott team to apologize for SIMPLY playing the match to win. After all this match was a state match with the winner moving on to the final 4 RIGHT.

 

Good luck to the ROCKS as I also said earlier they are a very impressive team. I believe they will look back on this match and learn from their opportunities they left on he field and I can expect that won't happen again. I'm sure we will see them in the post season again next year.

All Tell,

 

 

 

I certainly hope All Tell your not expecting the Scott team to apologize for SIMPLY playing the match to win. After all this match was a state match with the winner moving on to the final 4 RIGHT.

 

 

I'm looking for the soccer community to admit that there's no way 1 center ref can effectively cover the entire field and that there's no excuse for him/her to not acknowledge the linesmen. Here's a simple answer, put a whistle in the linesmen's mouth and let them stop play when it is warranted. Your points about parents and coaches is a total cop out. That happens in every sport, you know what stops it, the officials penalizing it. When a kid flops and lays on the ground screaming to get a call and then hops up totally unharmed drop a yellow on them for delay. Simple. Even easier if a kids falls to the ground writhing in pain make them leave the game for their own safety to be evaluated by their medical staff.

 

I still say (and have spoken to other people that agree) the the referee totally lost control of the game.

 

I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment that of all high school sports, soccer is the most inconsistently officiated.

Sounds like your trying to change the game.... and much like my name on here indicates I am by no means the 'go-to' guy for soccer strategy. However, I have even come to learn that the game has been played this way for many years and no matter how I have voiced my opinions on rules changes etc.... It's simply not going to change. I have to admit that the world cup was amazing to watch and I now deep down really hope they don't change.

 

However, if you do get traction on changing the game. Can you do something about the off-sides? I would love to see that rule done away with. I think it would be fun to see players all over the place. But then again, I think the rest of the world has it right. It's actually quiet a spectacle watching how players have to attack and set up defenders.

You're right, I'm trying to get the game changed. I'm trying to get the officials to see as much of the field as possible. The American game can and has been altered in the past so please don't say it can't happen.

 

Don't even get me started on offsides. DUMBEST RULE IN ALL OF SPORTS.

 

Can you imagine in the golden age of football if Jerry Rice wouldn't have been allowed to run past defenders before Joe Montana threw him the ball? How about in basketball, no alley-oops because there's not a defender between the offensive player and the goal before the pass was delivered. Defenders of the rule say it keeps people from "snowbirding" in front of the goal. I say defend the whole field.

I know it's irrelevant at this point, but what is everyone's opinion on when the Trinity defender tried to kick the ball away to prevent a goal. From my angle it looked like it hit inside the post and on the net. Therefore a goal. I'm no soccer junkie but would like to know the ruling and the reason as to why it wasn't a goal.

I know it's irrelevant at this point, but what is everyone's opinion on when the Trinity defender tried to kick the ball away to prevent a goal. From my angle it looked like it hit inside the post and on the net. Therefore a goal. I'm no soccer junkie but would like to know the ruling and the reason as to why it wasn't a goal.

 

Was the "entire ball" over the line.....that is key...

  • Author

I don't know if anyone else struggles with this, but my depth perception when I am watching soccer is not accurate at all. So many times I think it's going in, but it's way to the outside....and I'm wondering why the keeper isn't diving for it. :lol2:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.