Rose Hill 61 Rowan County 49

Does anyone have the All-Tournament teams and MVP awards ?

:fire: :fire: :fire:

I wish I could remembe them all, but I can't. Here's the ones that I do remember.

Russell- Fortman, Okoro

West Carter- Rayburn, and another girl whose name slips my mind

Raceland-Whitney Seals

Fleming Co. and East Carter both had a girl on the team, but I can't recall their names.

Rowan Co. placed 4 girls on the team

Rose Hill- K. Faulkner, Emily Queen, and Laura Terry MVP.

Congratulations to the Rose Hill Lady Royals. 16th Region Champions. That sounds so good. I am happy for all the girls, but extremely happy and pleased for the ones I once helped coach. Laura Terry, Emily Queen, Katy Spradlin, Sarah Yates and Lindsay Adkins. You girls will always have a special place in my heart. I thoroughly enjoyed the two years that we spent together. Congratulations on a job well done.

You must give credit to Coach Troy Thomas this year. Who would have thought that Rowan County would get that far. 3 eighth graders, 6 freshman, and 3 soph's and 1 junior. Wow!! He is definitely a great defensive coach, and he should be tough for next year if he doesn't take another coaching job.

Congrats Lady Royals! 1st Girl's Regional Championship! On towards Diddle!

Hats off to Rowan County tonight. They will definitely be a force to reckon with next year with their talent and coach. Your tough schedule this year sure paid off! You all played much better than I expected and gave Rose Hill a serious run for the tourney championship. Good luck to you next year.

As for now, party at Giovanni's!!!

(Thank you Regulator for your 8th region updates - they were announced over the PA)

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

I think Coach Thomas could be a coach at the next level. He was an administrative assistant for 3 years at MSU with Kyle Macy and an assistant for Lake Kelly who coached at Austin Peay, Florida State, and UK (2 years). Rowan County is very lucky to have a coach like him in their school system.

Now let me give my observations on the game. I give a standing ovation to the Lady Vikings and Coach Thomas. Coach Thomas has to be one of the best coaches in the state. He did a tremendous job of having his girls ready to play tonight. He had them in position to shock the basketball world. I guarantee you that they had the entire Rose Hill section as nervous as can be for the 1st 2.5 quarters tonight. The Lady Vikings had the Lady Royals on the ropes, and that credit goes to Coach Thomas and the heart that the Lady Vikings showed tonight. They definitely took the fight to Rose Hill, and earned the respect of everyone at Ellis T. Johnson arena tonight. They played their hearts out, but Rose Hill was just too much in the end.

Rowan Co. was up 29-22 at the half, and neither team scored for at least the 1st couple of minutes of the 3rd quarter. The Lady Royals picked up their defensive intensity in the 3rd quarter, but unfortunately they couldn't capitalize for several trips down on the offensive end. That's when I thought Kala Faulkner decided to take over the ballgame. She started draining some 3 point shots, which in turn opened the Lady Royals deadly inside duo of Laura Terry and Emily Queen. It also allowed Faulkner to start driving to the basket for some easy shots. Kala also had several big steals which lead to layups. There was a tremendous amount of pressure put upon this young ladies from day one, but they proved all the naysayers wrong who said that they would never be able to play together. Congratulations once again girls, and good luck next week at WKU. :dancingpa :dancingpa

Way to go Ladies... :thumb:

The chemistry lab is cooking now!

I thoroughly enjoyed the two years that we spent together.
Uhh, I talked to the girls LRCW, and they said that your two years with them sure seemed like four... :sssh:

I'm sure it's because they couldn't believe that anyone could impart that much love and wisdom in just two years... :cool:

I don't want to take anything away from the young girl from Rowan Co. who won the tournament's award for best defensive player, she had a great tournament, but I felt that award should have gone to Rose Hill's Katy Spradlin. If you've ever seen Katy play you know that she goes full boar the whole ballgame. She is constantly harassing on the defensive side, and gives 110% every second she spends on the court. I told Katy after the game I felt she deserved it, and that I was going to deem her the BGP's defensive player of the tournament. ;):D Great job Katy. :thumb: :thumb:

Way to go Ladies... :thumb:

The chemistry lab is cooking now!

Uhh, I talked to the girls LRCW, and they said that your two years with them sure seemed like four... :sssh:

I'm sure it's because they couldn't believe that anyone could impart that much love and wisdom in just two years... :cool:

I don't know about the wisdom part, but I promise you the love was, and still is there. :thumb: :thumb:

Lady Royals just had to much talent than Rowan County. It was hard for the Lady Vikings to maintain Queen, Faulkner, and Terry. But everyone in Morehead, KY is proud of Coach Troy Thomas. I think he is one of the best young coaches in the state of Kentucky. We just hope that he will be back next year for the Lady Vikings. I know there are a lot of job opportunities that is knocking on his door.