Harlan Co teacher (fmr coach) arrested for video of girls in locker room - Dismissed

Plato

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

From the link:

Harlan County Circuit Court Judge Kent Hendrickson issued an order of dismissal of pending litigation for further grand jury review of an indictment against Anthony Nolan on Thursday.

“Testimony regarding the positioning of the phone, and the area of the room it could have potentially recorded was false and misleading” reads Hendrickson’s order.

Hendrickson ordered the indictment dismissed, and that the matter be referred back to the Harlan County Grand Jury for the taking of additional evidence, as necessary.

Who accused this guy and what happens to them now?

I think I read where some girls who were on the team accused him and their parents

What happens to them after they ruin his career and reputation. Nothing, they go on with their lives and no one even remembers them but they will always suspect him.

He should sue the school system and principal

And they wonder why its hard to recruit good teachers and coaches. Did all this start because someone was unhappy with playing time?

This...

I used to coach my daughter's softball and basketball teams when she was in grade school (4th thru 8th grade). I was always very concerned about what a girl could say that could really hurt my reputation. My rule was I was NEVER alone with one girl for any reason. Luckily my daughter was with me all the time. On more than a couple of occasions while coaching softball, we had a late practice time (ending near dark) and one of the girl's parents were late in picking her up. The field was basically deserted so I could not leave the girl alone. My daughter would always be with me so I felt OK. Think about this though. What if my daughter was not on the team? If I had to wait alone with the girl for her parents to come pick her up and she claimed I did something, what can I say? It is her word against mine and my reputation is shot.

A male coach of a girls team is one disgruntled player who accuses you from having your reputation ruined. For the pay you get (little or none) plus all the other crap you can get from parents regarding playing time, etc., I can see why many good people would say no thanks. I feel fortunate that I had great girls and parents and never had any issues but I was always cognizant of the potential...

This...

I used to coach my daughter's softball and basketball teams when she was in grade school (4th thru 8th grade). I was always very concerned about what a girl could say that could really hurt my reputation. My rule was I was NEVER alone with one girl for any reason. Luckily my daughter was with me all the time. On more than a couple of occasions while coaching softball, we had a late practice time (ending near dark) and one of the girl's parents were late in picking her up. The field was basically deserted so I could not leave the girl alone. My daughter would always be with me so I felt OK. Think about this though. What if my daughter was not on the team? If I had to wait alone with the girl for her parents to come pick her up and she claimed I did something, what can I say? It is her word against mine and my reputation is shot.

A male coach of a girls team is one disgruntled player who accuses you from having your reputation ruined. For the pay you get (little or none) plus all the other crap you can get from parents regarding playing time, etc., I can see why many good people would say no thanks. I feel fortunate that I had great girls and parents and never had any issues but I was always cognizant of the potential...

Having your daughter with you may help and is certainly a good idea but I would make sure I am not the only coach around.

For me, if a player is being picked up late, there will be more than one coach staying late with me, period. In fact the group I coach with, we do this without even having to say it. This policy goes for girls or boys teams.