Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Conner have what it takes to take down Scott?

Featured Replies

I think if Scott's defense shuts down Padgett. Conner has no chance.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Scott ever beaten Conner?

 

Not in recent memory, and I'd guess they probably never have. The last two years have been very close, with Scott being ahead late in each game. It's a toss up this year too. Aside from the Cooper game, Scott's defense has played very well. Scott has to finish drives, and cut down on the mistakes. I don't know that there's much of a difference between the 3 and 4 seed as all the teams in this region are down some. I think the 3 and 4 seeds from both sides have legitimate chances to pull upsets in the playoffs this year. I think Scott needs this win more than Conner, just for their psyche.

Conner 31 Scott 21

Scott can run the ball and Conner isn't great at stopping the run. Conner can pass the ball and Scott isn't great at defending the pass. This game will be close again, but I'm going with Conner by a TD

  • Author

I think Conner will struggle, Scott has the size to overpower Conner. Like I said earlier, you shut the QB down and it is an easy win.

I think if Scott's defense shuts down Padgett. Conner has no chance.

Scott loses. Conner will again beat Scott. Scott just isn't very good this year. Last year they were better and their out of district schedule did them no favors except build up hopes only to be dashed again in district play.

Has Scott ever beaten Conner?

 

I can't say for sure, but my senior football season was 1990. I did not play for either Conner or Scott, but both were in our district. That year, Scott was far better than Conner, at least in terms of talent. I think Scott may have even ended the year above .500, which I believe was the first such season in school history. They did not make the playoffs - back then only two teams went per district. It was Cov Cath and Lloyd in AAA that year. But, I'd be shocked if Scott didn't beat Conner that year.

Is this serious? Has Conner fallen off that much and Scott risen that much. I know in the past, each team respectively have been at opposite ends as far as performance as in Conner doing well and Scott not so much. Has it changed that much?

Is this serious? Has Conner fallen off that much and Scott risen that much. I know in the past, each team respectively have been at opposite ends as far as performance as in Conner doing well and Scott not so much. Has it changed that much?

 

I don't know much about either program, but I think it's very serious. I just scanned the KHSAA site and saw Conner beat Grant Co 32-20 and Scott beat Grant Co 43-0. I didn't go any further, but that at least tells me that this is a legitimate thread. Again, no insight at all, and as we know, scoreboard comparisons are dangerous when we're talking about 15-18 year olds. I'd love to see Scott win - not because I dislike Conner at all.

Also saw where Conner beat South Oldham and Scott lost to South Oldham. Who knows? But, it does appear that Scott has a shot.

I can't imagine Scott being able to defend the pass.

I don't know much about either program, but I think it's very serious. I just scanned the KHSAA site and saw Conner beat Grant Co 32-20 and Scott beat Grant Co 43-0. I didn't go any further, but that at least tells me that this is a legitimate thread. Again, no insight at all, and as we know, scoreboard comparisons are dangerous when we're talking about 15-18 year olds. I'd love to see Scott win - not because I dislike Conner at all.

 

Also saw where Conner beat South Oldham and Scott lost to South Oldham. Who knows? But, it does appear that Scott has a shot.

And Cooper beat Conner but it was a close game back and forth all night. Cooper crushed Scott and put a running clock on them.

I guess this year it comes down to any given Friday night.

 

it comes down to matchups and Scott's problem as AlbertFT has pointed out, can't defend the pass. Cooper could have thrown for 300 yards if they wanted to. Conner passes which will give Scott fits. If Conner was strictly a running te Scott would have a shot but because Conner passes I think Conner wins by multiple TD's.

It's time for Scott to man up and finally win a district game. Conner has Ebarb (sp?) who is a real threat. If Scott contains him, their chances are good. Scott usually lays an egg when facing a decent team. I don't think Conner is decent, though. Scott wins, but it won't prove much.

I'm predicting a high scoring game here.

 

Conner:42

Scott:41

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.