Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stephen A. Smith on the Bengals - And Smith has consistently said this about Cincy

Featured Replies

I wouldn't really compare them to the Heat...the Heat have won in the playoffs and brought home two world championships.

 

Agreed...but I think you know what I mean...obviously the Heat are (or should I say "were") on a different level than the Bengals..

I love Stephen A. Smith! Tells it like it is.

 

I'm a fan as well.

 

Analogies aren't your thing...

 

Sarcasm sure is your thing.

 

Wouldn't it make more sense to compare them to a team that wins in the regular season only to consistently fail in the playoffs? The Heat didn't fail...they were very successful.

 

Agreed...but I think you know what I mean...obviously the Heat are (or should I say "were") on a different level than the Bengals..

 

I do know what you were saying. I just felt like the Heat weren't a good team to compare them to. No big deal though.

Sarcasm sure is your thing.

 

Wouldn't it make more sense to compare them to a team that wins in the regular season only to consistently fail in the playoffs? The Heat didn't fail...they were very successful.

 

Which is perfect proof you missed the analogy.

 

The comparison was tied to the regular season meaning nothing, and that the story told was all about the playoffs. While the Heat story was a winning one for the most part, and the Bengals have been awful, the point is the same.

 

If the Bengals go 15-1 (not going to happen) and lose their first playoff game, they will be deemed a failure. Much like many were ready to deem the Heat a failure every time they didn't win a title. The expectation levels were different, but the point is the same...

I'm a fan as well.

 

I wouldn't anything different from a 95 year old man.

 

Which is perfect proof you missed the analogy.

 

The comparison was tied to the regular season meaning nothing, and that the story told was all about the playoffs. While the Heat story was a winning one for the most part, and the Bengals have been awful, the point is the same.

 

If the Bengals go 15-1 (not going to happen) and lose their first playoff game, they will be deemed a failure. Much like many were ready to deem the Heat a failure every time they didn't win a title. The expectation levels were different, but the point is the same...

 

So now you speak for the OP who just said they agree with me?

So now you speak for the OP who just said they agree with me?

 

Strike 3. You really are bad at this.

 

The only thing that mattered for the Heat with Bron was winning a title. The Bengals are in a lesser, but similar place. Hence the accurate analogy... :thumb:

 

Strike 3. You really are bad at this.

 

The only thing that mattered for the Heat with Bron was winning a title. The Bengals are in a lesser, but similar place. Hence the accurate analogy... :thumb:

 

I got what he was trying the say the first time he said it. I just didn't entirely agree with his choice of teams.

 

Nevermind the fact that the OP agreed with me. Keep ignoring that though and I'll wait here for your next "I'm smarter than you nana nana boo boo stick your head in doo doo" post.

I got what he was trying the say the first time he said it. I just didn't entirely agree with his choice of teams.

 

Which is why you didn't understand the analogy. Glad we're on the same page... :banana:

It's why I wished the Bengals made Marvin GM because he had done wonders with our players accusitions and development. Then we could of promoted Zimmer to head coach.

Which is why you didn't understand the analogy. Glad we're on the same page... :banana:

 

Nevermind the fact that the OP agreed with me. Keep ignoring that though and I'll wait here for your next "I'm smarter than you nana nana boo boo stick your head in doo doo" post.

 

And there it is...

It's why I wished the Bengals made Marvin GM because he had done wonders with our players accusitions and development. Then we could of promoted Zimmer to head coach.

 

What is the love fest with people saying Zimmer should have been promoted to head coach here. We have no idea how he would have done as head coach, etc. Some people are great as coordinators but don't do well as head coach. The jury is now out on Zimmer as a head coach, we will see how he does. Which I hope he does great!

 

I do agree that Lewis probably would be a good GM, and have someone else as the head coach. I just don't know if Zimmer would have been the answer either. Lots of question marks there too.

What is the love fest with people saying Zimmer should have been promoted to head coach here. We have no idea how he would have done as head coach, etc. Some people are great as coordinators but don't do well as head coach. The jury is now out on Zimmer as a head coach, we will see how he does. Which I hope he does great!

 

I do agree that Lewis probably would be a good GM, and have someone else as the head coach. I just don't know if Zimmer would have been the answer either. Lots of question marks there too.

I said the same. With that said though, I don't like Marvin is best served as the HC, you know my position with hiim. He'd be much better as a GM etc. His coaching just doesn't excite me, I think he's lost more games than he's won when it comes down to the HC actually being accountable for the game itself.

 

I think many of the wins the Bengals have since his time here has been more in spite of him than because of him when it comes to on-field coaching.

 

If the Bengals win this year in the post season I think it has more to do with the talent and coordinators than Marvin.

You all have unrealistic expectations if you think the Bengals should be winning super bowls. Be glad their not 4-12 and embarrassing us weekly. No shame in not being #1. Be glad we're not awful

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.