Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs Moeller (OH)

Featured Replies

  • Author
RCC9.....the Henry Kissinger and the gentle poop stir man of highlands....

 

Keep up the "subtle, diplomatic, yet sharp" promotion. Much appreciated over some others tactics...

 

:jump:

 

You're on to me!!! But I am curious what the CC fans thoughts were.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the entire Lakewood St. Ed game. If Elder repeats that performance they will beat Moeller, by how many, who cares?

 

Maxpreps Super 25 had Lakewood at number one in the country before the Elder game.

 

I'll agree with Raiderbird, Elder will beat Moeller.

 

Moeller is a beast but I have to admit I was surprised by the Moeller - X game. I thought Moeller would beat them by a lot more. This is an interesting year in the GCL where all four teams are very good. Literally any of the four teams could beat any other on the right night. Elder should beat X Friday but it would shock few if X won. Also, Elder is beat up right now...their best RB and WR as well as two top offensive linemen are out.

 

Keep in mind when Moeller plays CovCath or when Elder plays HHS, it is literally a game they don't consider to be a "big game" at all. Elder will play 5 or 6 games at least this year where in their minds, the opponent is better than HHS. Same with Moeller when they play CovCath. CovCath may have played better against Moeller simply because Moeller did not take them very seriously. After all the talk about this being "THE YEAR" that CovCath was going to break the HHS streak, I can tell you HHS took CovCath very seriously.

  • Author
Moeller is a beast but I have to admit I was surprised by the Moeller - X game. I thought Moeller would beat them by a lot more. This is an interesting year in the GCL where all four teams are very good. Literally any of the four teams could beat any other on the right night. Elder should beat X Friday but it would shock few if X won. Also, Elder is beat up right now...their best RB and WR as well as two top offensive linemen are out.

 

 

 

Keep in mind when Moeller plays CovCath or when Elder plays HHS, it is literally a game they don't consider to be a "big game" at all. Elder will play 5 or 6 games at least this year where in their minds, the opponent is better than HHS. Same with Moeller when they play CovCath. CovCath may have played better against Moeller simply because Moeller did not take them very seriously. After all the talk about this being "THE YEAR" that CovCath was going to break the HHS streak, I can tell you HHS took CovCath very seriously.

 

I agree with just about everything you say. But you really don't think they take a NKY team serious? I understand there may be more important games on their schedule, but I can't see how a KY vs OH thing doesn't bring out some seriousness and then if they do lose, doesn't it effect them. HHS could have very easily beat Elder last year. Driving at the end of the game and time ran out...with their backup QB mind you. And just a couple years back, they beat Elder and beat St X when they were top 10 in the country. I get that they may not be as important games, but i'm not sure they don't take them serious.

I agree with just about everything you say. But you really don't think they take a NKY team serious? I understand there may be more important games on their schedule, but I can't see how a KY vs OH thing doesn't bring out some seriousness and then if they do lose, doesn't it effect them. HHS could have very easily beat Elder last year. Driving at the end of the game and time ran out...with their backup QB mind you. And just a couple years back, they beat Elder and beat St X when they were top 10 in the country. I get that they may not be as important games, but i'm not sure they don't take them serious.

 

Any games that Ohio teams play they have to take serious because wins bring computer points. I would guess that of the out of state games that the Ohio GCL teams play there are the unknowns.....games against out of state opponents that they have not played previously (where do they find some of these teams?) and the knowns.....the Highlands, Trinity, St.X, CovCath, Indy teams etc. Of those I would think the most preparation would have to go to the unknowns and the least to the teams they have played previously.

Any games that Ohio teams play they have to take serious because wins bring computer points. I would guess that of the out of state games that the Ohio GCL teams play there are the unknowns.....games against out of state opponents that they have not played previously (where do they find some of these teams?) and the knowns.....the Highlands, Trinity, St.X, CovCath, Indy teams etc. Of those I would think the most preparation would have to go to the unknowns and the least to the teams they have played previously.

 

They are VERY important to the OHIO teams, WAY more important than they are to the Kentucky teams because of the Harbin Points. While they are taking the chance of getting zero points if they lose, beating a successfull KY team is a points bonanza because they get point(s) for every game the KY team wins. If the KY team gets pounded 100-0, it only hurts their pride.

I agree with just about everything you say. But you really don't think they take a NKY team serious? I understand there may be more important games on their schedule, but I can't see how a KY vs OH thing doesn't bring out some seriousness and then if they do lose, doesn't it effect them. HHS could have very easily beat Elder last year. Driving at the end of the game and time ran out...with their backup QB mind you. And just a couple years back, they beat Elder and beat St X when they were top 10 in the country. I get that they may not be as important games, but i'm not sure they don't take them serious.

 

RCC9, my phrase about the GCL schools not taking the NKY games seriously is not well stated. You are correct to challenge me on that. What I meant to say is that the GCL schools simply cannot "get up" for HHS or CovCath like HHS and CovCath can get up for them. I just looked at Moeller's schedule, which has to be one of the hardest schedules in the United States. They play Pickering North, Louisville St. X, Cincinnati St. X, Lasalle, Elder, Cleveland St I's, Cleveland St. Eds, and Trinity. Almost without question, all 8 of these teams are better than CovCath. There is really not much debating it. Frankly, you could make the case that CovCath is their easiest game (only other possibility is Xenia and I don't know anything about them this year). So while they take all their opponents seriously and love the Harbin points, Moeller is not considering the CovCath game special at all.

 

Same with Elder and HHS although Elder only plays 5 schools definitely better than HHS (in their eyes)...X, Mo, Lasalle, St. Eds, and McDonough (Maryland school that beat Elder). Elder would consider Winton Woods and Lakota West on a par with HHS and Rosa Fort and Oak Hills to be inferior this year. So again, the game is not a "big" game for Elder in comparison to its other games.

 

I can tell you all the GCL schools appreciate all the Ky teams that play them (Trinity, CovCath, HHS, Louisville St. X) because they have a VERY hard time getting teams to play them.

My take.

 

GCL schools historically do look down on Kentucky schools, and do have a hard time getting up for them. Trinity has become something of an exception, but this is the general attitude. It's a GCL thing. GGCLfan explained it fairly well. They don't disrespect the Highlands or CovCath's of the world, they just think they're better.

 

Highlands could play with Moeller this year. Not win, but a blowout would really surprise me.

 

The top NKY team can typically play with, or beat, a top GCL school. This year is no different. History has proven it.

 

The top NKY team would fall into trouble trying to actually play in the GCL though. It's one thing to win or stay close in one game. Quite another to play that level of competition week in and week out. That's what set the GCL apart, and in their eyes leads to my first thought.

Moeller being undefeated THIS YEAR is more relevant than winning state the last two years. The last two years are history.

 

Moeller is familiar with Elder like Cov-Cath is familiar with Highlands? :idunno:

 

Jeez, ok so the kids who started last year for Moe gained nothing in experience that carried over into this year. As for familiarity, EXACTLY, how did that CovCath game turn out? Moe Elder will be much more competitive than that. Due to each side being so familiar w each other, and and Moe ' s recent roll a win over Moe is, in my eyes, more impressive and difficult than a win over St. Ed's.

My take.

 

GCL schools historically do look down on Kentucky schools, and do have a hard time getting up for them. Trinity has become something of an exception, but this is the general attitude. It's a GCL thing. GGCLfan explained it fairly well. They don't disrespect the Highlands or CovCath's of the world, they just think they're better.

 

Highlands could play with Moeller this year. Not win, but a blowout would really surprise me.

 

The top NKY team can typically play with, or beat, a top GCL school. This year is no different. History has proven it.

 

The top NKY team would fall into trouble trying to actually play in the GCL though. It's one thing to win or stay close in one game. Quite another to play that level of competition week in and week out. That's what set the GCL apart, and in their eyes leads to my first thought.

 

Totally agree Sandman. As an HHS grad and fan who now lives in Cincy and has numerous in-laws from the GCL, I can tell you I have had numerous discussions with GCL fans and what you said sums up their feelings pretty well. I actually agree with them for the most part. I really think HHS will give Elder everything it wants in their game this year. I also think if HHS played Elder's schedule, they would have numerous losses. You also have to factor in the increase for injury when you play a big time school every week. Elder is already experiencing it with some significant injuries right now (best RB, best WR and two top offensive linemen).

As to the GCL schools in general, I see it this way. The GCL is the Big 10. Highlands is a good MAC school looking for a trophy win.

As to the GCL schools in general, I see it this way. The GCL is the Big 10. Highlands is a good MAC school looking for a trophy win.

 

I assume you mean the OLD Big 10 VOR:). Getting a win against the Big 10 right now is not much of a trophy win any longer...I do get your point though.

Totally agree Sandman. As an HHS grad and fan who now lives in Cincy and has numerous in-laws from the GCL, I can tell you I have had numerous discussions with GCL fans and what you said sums up their feelings pretty well. I actually agree with them for the most part. I really think HHS will give Elder everything it wants in their game this year. I also think if HHS played Elder's schedule, they would have numerous losses. You also have to factor in the increase for injury when you play a big time school every week. Elder is already experiencing it with some significant injuries right now (best RB, best WR and two top offensive linemen).

 

In my mind, HHS is like a Boise St. in their prime or BYU this year. They can beat almost anybody in a one off b/c they have enough depth to last 48 minutes with almost anyone. However, with the limited enrollment, you are spot on with the depth and injury factor over the course of a tough season. I would equate the GCL guantlet to the SEC. W/ the exception of La Salle the other three play suicide schedules week in and week out, but they have another Sr to step in to take over for an injured teammate. There is a slight drop in talent, but not so much in experience.

  • Author
In my mind, HHS is like a Boise St. in their prime or BYU this year. They can beat almost anybody in a one off b/c they have enough depth to last 48 minutes with almost anyone. However, with the limited enrollment, you are spot on with the depth and injury factor over the course of a tough season. I would equate the GCL guantlet to the SEC. W/ the exception of La Salle the other three play suicide schedules week in and week out, but they have another Sr to step in to take over for an injured teammate. There is a slight drop in talent, but not so much in experience.

 

I agree with this 100%. I think most HHS fans would too. Running the GCL takes it's toll over a season. That's exactly why I feel the SEC should get bonus points when calculating rankings!!! Kidding of course, but you know what I mean!

  • Author
RCC9, my phrase about the GCL schools not taking the NKY games seriously is not well stated. You are correct to challenge me on that. What I meant to say is that the GCL schools simply cannot "get up" for HHS or CovCath like HHS and CovCath can get up for them. I just looked at Moeller's schedule, which has to be one of the hardest schedules in the United States. They play Pickering North, Louisville St. X, Cincinnati St. X, Lasalle, Elder, Cleveland St I's, Cleveland St. Eds, and Trinity. Almost without question, all 8 of these teams are better than CovCath. There is really not much debating it. Frankly, you could make the case that CovCath is their easiest game (only other possibility is Xenia and I don't know anything about them this year). So while they take all their opponents seriously and love the Harbin points, Moeller is not considering the CovCath game special at all.

 

Same with Elder and HHS although Elder only plays 5 schools definitely better than HHS (in their eyes)...X, Mo, Lasalle, St. Eds, and McDonough (Maryland school that beat Elder). Elder would consider Winton Woods and Lakota West on a par with HHS and Rosa Fort and Oak Hills to be inferior this year. So again, the game is not a "big" game for Elder in comparison to its other games.

 

I can tell you all the GCL schools appreciate all the Ky teams that play them (Trinity, CovCath, HHS, Louisville St. X) because they have a VERY hard time getting teams to play them.

 

I agree with all of this...Nice post.....except that you say those schools you named are better than HHS. You know better than that. You can't say that on here. Noone is better than HHS! :banana:

  • Author
I assume you mean the OLD Big 10 VOR:). Getting a win against the Big 10 right now is not much of a trophy win any longer...I do get your point though.

 

Some old schoolers just can't let go.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.