Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs Moeller (OH)

Featured Replies

Okay, first...by no means is this an attempt to say HHS could beat or even play with Moeller. So get that out of your head! I am curious to hear educated Cov Cath fan's perspective around the two teams. The scores were similar (and the HHS game could have been a lot worse) and I'm a curious as to "why" from a Cov Cath fan that saw both games. I like to think Moeller is almost untouchable by a KY team and HHS, but curious to know why the scores were similar.

 

(For the record, I'm in the camp that thinks Cov Cath is much better than they played Friday. Guess we'll find out down the road.)

 

So what was it:

Moeller let off the gas against Cov Cath?

Cov Cath played much better in the Moe game?

Cov Cath played terrible against HHS?

HHS played out of their minds in that game?

Is Moe not as dominate as we thought?

Is HHS way better than we thought?

 

None of this is a knock on any team. Just curious.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

Moe can dominate a game, and it not reflect on the scoreboard. They are a defense first team who prefer to run the ball out of the spread.

They both won by similar scores against 2 common opponents. Covcath and St. X. Yes i know Highlands St.X was a scrimmage. They both still play Elder, so we will see another comparison. I believe it would be a close game as most Highlands vs Big 4 Ohio games are. I would pick Moeller in a close one with both teams scoring in the 20's. I haven't seen X, Moeller, or Elder, so its all a semi-educated guess.

The Birds will have their hands full with Elder.

  • Author
The Birds will have their hands full with Elder.

 

As would most teams I would think. And Moeller.

The Birds will have their hands full with Elder.

 

Have they ever not had their hands full with Elder? That's why they schedule the game.

Okay, first...by no means is this an attempt to say HHS could beat or even play with Moeller. So get that out of your head! I am curious to hear educated Cov Cath fan's perspective around the two teams. The scores were similar (and the HHS game could have been a lot worse) and I'm a curious as to "why" from a Cov Cath fan that saw both games. I like to think Moeller is almost untouchable by a KY team and HHS, but curious to know why the scores were similar.

 

(For the record, I'm in the camp that thinks Cov Cath is much better than they played Friday. Guess we'll find out down the road.)

 

So what was it:

Moeller let off the gas against Cov Cath? Starters played into the 4th

Cov Cath played much better in the Moe game?CovCath played a very good game

Cov Cath played terrible against HHS?YES

HHS played out of their minds in that game?played a very good game

Is Moe not as dominate as we thought? no idea

Is HHS way better than we thought?yes

 

None of this is a knock on any team. Just curious.

 

I said before the game that if CovCath played like they did against Moe they win the game, I still say that.In watching this group of seniors the last 6 years, they have never played this poor of game

  • Author
I said before the game that if CovCath played like they did against Moe they win the game, I still say that.In watching this group of seniors the last 6 years, they have never played this poor of game

 

So I assume you're going with "Cov Cath played really bad Friday?" Just a question...did they play poor or did HHS make that happen? Really am curious. Because again, not starting problems, but they were dominated Friday. I understand you can play poor and lose, but that looked to be a situation where that it would have taken a lot more than playing well. Just discussion.

 

Again, I agree they are much better than they played, but there would have to be a lot of things play out differently to make that a better game.

Unless Moeller destroys Elder (highly unlikely), the Elder/HHS game will go a long way toward answering this question.

  • Author
The Elder game will go a long way toward answering this question.

 

Again, out of curiosity, why do we think that? Should Elder and Moeller be a great game this year or should Moe beat them easily? I don't know the answer.

I modified my previous post, but based on other results this year, I am expecting Elder to give Moe all they can handle. Just a hunch. Assuming this to be the case, then I think Elder will serve as a reasonable proxy for Moeller, as it relates to comparing to HHS.

What can't be discounted is going into a game with nothing to lose, and going into a game with a district and home field advantage to lose.

To go a little further in my belief in Elder's legitimacy...they beat Lakewood St Ed's this year - at the time I believe St Ed's was no. 1 or 2 in OH. I know the game was at the Pit and I know rankings can be deceiving, but, I am simply going on what we know. St X gave Moe all they could handle and Elder plays X this week. As is always the case, we'll know more with time. Either way, Moeller and HHS are excellent football teams.

So I assume you're going with "Cov Cath played really bad Friday?" Just a question...did they play poor or did HHS make that happen? Really am curious. Because again, not starting problems, but they were dominated Friday. I understand you can play poor and lose, but that looked to be a situation where that it would have taken a lot more than playing well. Just discussion.

 

Again, I agree they are much better than they played, but there would have to be a lot of things play out differently to make that a better game.

 

To say they played badly is a under statement and that includes the coaching staff who also wet there pants. I think the bye week worked against CovCath , to much time to think about the game.

To many turnover in the first half and mentally the team/coach fell to pieces.

Give Highlands credit they do not make mistakes and make you pay when you do

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.