Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do as I say, not as I do...................

Featured Replies

Straight from NASA's website:

 

"Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities, and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position."

 

Got any more questions?

You seem to forget that this claim was was debunked or your head was in the sand then.

 

Got any more myths?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You seem to forget that this claim was was debunked or your head was in the sand then.

 

Got any more myths?

If the quote is false, then why is it still up on NASA's website?

When I get sick, I see a doctor, not my idiot brother-in-law. When I want to know more about man-made climate change, I seek out articles quoting scientists who actually study the problem, not the ol' boys who sit around the big table at the Latonia McDonald's.

Point made. Now carry on your head-in-the-sand bash.

 

Wait a minute....they're not scientists? Well I sure have wasted a lot of time.....and coffee!

If the quote is false, then why is it still up on NASA's website?
M O N E Y

Forgive me for rambling on so, and even I know that it's a bit much but...

 

 

I find the topic of "Climate Change" interesting to a point, and have no personal evidence of its truth, or lack there of one way or another, so I can't stand behind any particular opinion about it with undying passion as if I'm so certain.

 

With that said, I don't know what's worse... being dragged into a conversation about it from perfect strangers who support it, or perfect strangers who are against it while standing in line for instance at a Subway waiting to order a sandwich.

 

With some it seems to have become an obsession that prevents them from getting through the day without talking about it, and mostly it would seem so as to knock folks from the opposing side from where they stand.

 

I've literally felt that some have come at me in an attempt to size me up by using this topic as a measuring stick.

 

Way off the topic but...

 

It sorta reminds me of the time I visited an Indian co-worker friend of mine who had moved to Holland, Michigan to work in the auto industry after graduating with his Mechanical Engineering degree, and time and again with random introductions to a few white folk, they would within one minute of meeting me waste no time to find out what I thought about black people. That sure was an unexpected eye opener. I had no idea that I was visiting such a hyper white supremist area.

 

My friend informed me a bit later that these same type folk misunderstood his Hindu religion as being Voodoo, and tried to convert him to Christianity to save him from being possessed by Satan.

 

With some people it seems that even before knowing your name it's ever so important for them to know where you stand on stuff so they can determine whether or not to like you.

When I get sick, I see a doctor, not my idiot brother-in-law. When I want to know more about man-made climate change, I seek out articles quoting scientists who actually study the problem, not the ol' boys who sit around the big table at the Latonia McDonald's.

 

Point made. Now carry on your head-in-the-sand bash.

 

:laugh: Although I think your out in "left-field" with everything you say, I have to admit this was pretty funny.

 

BTW, the warmest year on record,......1936.

BTW, the warmest year on record,......1936.
It was all those elitists driving their gas guzzling SUVs...oh...wait...
No disagreement there. Thank God people are fighting this political Ponzi scheme.

Since you have cited the Almighty, I should point out that your anti-science views on climate change are at odds with the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. Still time to take the St. Francis Pledge.

I like how "Some People" pivot the discussion AWAY from the original thread idea, The Hypocrisy of the Enviromentalist!

Captain America wishes his shield could deflect as much.

Traditionally environmentalist types (thinkers) have been in the social minority and historically have been ridiculed, and often been given names in attempts to devalue their cause such as tree-huggers, hippies, beatniks, fruits, and nuts etc...

So if someone has another opinion, they aren't a Thinker?

Whenever the Pachyderm Club bashers don't like where the discussion is going, out come the "thread purity" orange barrels. It's really comical at times.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.