Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do as I say, not as I do...................

Featured Replies

I always have a good laff when good ol' boys claim to know more about climate change than scientists.

 

 

I always have a LAUGH when misguided people who follow lefty propaganda like it was Holy Writ act like they THINK they are more intelligent then those that disagree with them.

 

I also LAUGH when those same people can't refute what's being said and attempt to deflect from the issue, in this case the hypocrisy of warmers.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I get sick, I see a doctor, not my idiot brother-in-law. When I want to know more about man-made climate change, I seek out articles quoting scientists who actually study the problem, not the ol' boys who sit around the big table at the Latonia McDonald's.

 

Point made. Now carry on your head-in-the-sand bash.

When I get sick, I see a doctor, not my idiot brother-in-law. When I want to know more about man-made climate change, I seek out articles quoting scientists who actually study the problem, not the ol' boys who sit around the big table at the Latonia McDonald's.

 

Point made. Now carry on your head-in-the-sand bash.

There is no proof of man-made climate change. In fact, the past twenty years have been cooler, not warmer. Hope your doctor is a lot better than the "scientists" you read articles of.
There is no proof of man-made climate change. In fact, the past twenty years have been cooler, not warmer. Hope your doctor is a lot better than the "scientists" you read articles of.

Scientists over the past several years have been assigning percentages to climate change ... about 25 percent natural and about 75 percent man-made, according to the story in Scientific American linked below.

 

But, hey, who even needs scientists studying this when we've got our own army of good-ol'-boy experts?

 

Three-Quarters of Climate Change Is Man-Made - Scientific American

Study says natural factors, not humans, behind West Coast warming | Local News | The Seattle Times from this week and just to add to this science --http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2738653/Stunning-satellite-images-summer-ice-cap-thicker-covers-1-7million-square-kilometres-MORE-2-years-ago-despite-Al-Gore-s-prediction-ICE-FREE-now.html ----

Edited by Randy Parker

When I get sick, I see a doctor, not my idiot brother-in-law. When I want to know more about man-made climate change, I seek out articles quoting scientists who actually study the problem, not the ol' boys who sit around the big table at the Latonia McDonald's.

 

Point made. Now carry on your head-in-the-sand bash.

 

When I was a younger man (and a card carrying, dirty footed tree hugging hippie liberal) all the talk was about the upcoming ice age. The scientists of the day were in consensus that the Earth was getting colder. That's ancient history, the '70s. Then all the talk became about global warming. Now that it appears the Earth has been cooling for a decade or so the PC term is climate change. Guess when you can't change the data to fit your narrative you change the narrative to fit the data.

 

Thank goodness I grew up and learned to think for myself.

When I get sick, I see a doctor, not my idiot brother-in-law. When I want to know more about man-made climate change, I seek out articles quoting scientists who actually study the problem, not the ol' boys who sit around the big table at the Latonia McDonald's.

 

Point made. Now carry on your head-in-the-sand bash.

 

The reason I often take climatologists (I think that is what they are called) predictions with some skepticism is due to their lack of accuracy over the past decades. Back in the early 80's when I first heard of Earth Day, numerous predictions of awful results that would hit us by the mid 90's if drastic action was taken immediately, some claiming outlawing the internal combustion engine, completely getting ridding of fossil fueled power stations.

 

While some good, well thought out action was taken and taken gradually, not immediately, none of the gnashing of teeth predictions really came true. Our air is cleaner than back then (far fewer ozone action days than when I was growing up), our water is cleaner than back then (in the 80's you couldn't pay me to get in the Ohio River, now no problem at all).

 

Saying that, do I think we should rest on our laurels, no, we should continue to make more progress till the day comes where there are no ozone action days and other improvements but some of the outlandish recommendations some make just don't make much sense.

  • Author

Folks, the "Climate Change/Global Warming" crowd are not new. They have always been around, they are anti-capitalists, period. I am not referring to the gullible folks that latch on to the cause, I'm talking about the people/groups that spearhead this crap.

Scientists over the past several years have been assigning percentages to climate change ... about 25 percent natural and about 75 percent man-made, according to the story in Scientific American linked below.

 

But, hey, who even needs scientists studying this when we've got our own army of good-ol'-boy experts?

 

Three-Quarters of Climate Change Is Man-Made - Scientific American

Follow. The. Money. That's what all this hysteria is about, M O N E Y.

 

I see your link and raise you two:

 

To The Horror Of Global Warming Alarmists, Global Cooling Is Here

 

Scientists and Studies predict ‘imminent global COOLING’ ahead – Drop in global temps ‘almost a slam dunk’

But his scientist count and yours don't .

When I was a younger man (and a card carrying, dirty footed tree hugging hippie liberal) all the talk was about the upcoming ice age. The scientists of the day were in consensus that the Earth was getting colder. That's ancient history, the '70s. Then all the talk became about global warming. Now that it appears the Earth has been cooling for a decade or so the PC term is climate change. Guess when you can't change the data to fit your narrative you change the narrative to fit the data.

 

Thank goodness I grew up and learned to think for myself.

Do you still have your Jane Fonda poster?

The science supporting man-made climate change grows every year. In a few years, this topic won't even be debated -- much like everyone agreeing now that cigarettes cause lung cancer, or that coal-fired plants cause acid rain. If Republicans were smart, they would have embraced the movement rather than curtsy every time big oil and big coal lobbyists walk into the room.

The science supporting man-made climate change grows every year. In a few years, this topic won't even be debated -- much like everyone agreeing now that cigarettes cause lung cancer, or that coal-fired plants cause acid rain. If Republicans were smart, they would have embraced the movement rather than curtsy every time big oil and big coal lobbyists walk into the room.
Disagree. Show me where there is overwhelming proof it's man made. You just proved why you stand where you do. You're anti-capitalism, much like the ones at the rally. You will swallow whatever they tell you to like a good little soldier. I, like many others, prefer to think for myself.
Disagree. Show me where there is overwhelming proof it's man made. You just proved why you stand where you do. You're anti-capitalism, much like the ones at the rally. You will swallow whatever they tell you to like a good little soldier. I, like many others, prefer to think for myself.

 

Straight from NASA's website:

 

"Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities, and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position."

 

Got any more questions?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.