Black Actress Detained - WRONG: Joker; RIGHT: Mitch Rapp, halfback20, 00Rocket28

JokersWild24

Shouldn't hitch your horse to a wagon so quickly. :D I, along with rocket and JD have always advocated waiting for facts before saying who's right or wrong. Because of this some here have accused me and probably them to of supporting police at every turn when that is not true. There is no denying there are some bad police in this country. There are a lot of bad people and some of those bad people become the police. If a police officer does something wrong and it's proven, I'm all for firing them, prosecuting them or both...whatever the situation calls for.

Like JD said before I think, it takes time to look in to an incident. They may have screwed up the PR side of things, and they should fix that for their own sake if they did. But they got it right in the end. Problem is most people won't see the rest of the story because it'll likely never make it to CNN. Not like CNN is going to look for it...it went bring them ratings like a racist cop harassing an innocent actress will. If they do show it ill be pleasantly surprised and I'll eat my crow.

Agree on them getting it right in the end. For me, one of the biggest things with the screw-up was that it was LA. If this were other places, then it'd be different, but I wasn't joking when I said LA is the America's capital of race riots. If it were, say, Nashville, then I'd think differently.

I do think what's happened also illustrates a point that I try to make all the time. I've always said that there'll obviously be exceptions where people are guilty and go to the media and beat charges, but on the whole, I think anyone who is going to the media with a claim like this better be able to prove that all of what they are saying is true, otherwise, they could be in for a rude awakening.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full audio of actress Daniele Watts being detained for allegedly having sex in public revealed: ?I know my rights ... I played a cop on TV?

The “Django Unchained” actress handcuffed in Los Angeles last week told police she didn't have to follow their script because she had her own, new audio obtained by the Daily News reveals.

I know my rights … I played a cop on TV, and I know when somebody asks for your ID, you’re not required to give it,” actress Daniele Watts tells two officers in new audio that captured the emotional moments after she was cuffed.

“Actually that’s wrong, that’s not right,” one cop replies.

I’m being very calm. I’m not being an a— to you,” the male Latino officer says.

“You’re not the one who’s in handcuffs,” Watts responds. “You’re not the one who’s spent your life being called a N----- and growing up in the south, and now I get the cops called on me.”

“I’m an actress at this studio, do you understand that?” Watts says in the new audio that captures interactions not covered in a different recording leaked earlier this week.

“I don’t know that. I’ll find that out, but let me…” the male officer responds.

“I’m on a major sitcom right now, and I’m still getting put in handcuffs because I’m making out with my boyfriend in a public space,” Watts says through tears.

Earlier in the recording, Watts is heard crying as a male officer asks her to let him explain the reason for her detainment.

The bolded made me LOL! The more I hear about this incident, the more I think this woman is just plain nuts.

• 1 month later...
Look at all the lies coming from her side. They never accused her of being a prostitute. They were not rude to her. Why isn't this on CNN?

Because the media can't get anyone fired or suspended over it

It is on CNN. They ran on an Opinion column on it then and a story on it today as well.

Daniele Watts was out of line (Opinion) - CNN.com

'Django Unchained' actress charged with lewd conduct - CNN.com

Was it on tv like her interview of lies was?

Doubtful. Maybe got a bit mention or something, but I'm going to guess that it probably wasn't as in depth as the original coverage.

Most media is in the business of hits and clicks. That's the reality of it. If she were sentenced to jail time or something, there'd probably be more coverage.

As it is, an appearance isn't really big news now that it's been awhile and kind of out of the news cycles. Not really the kind of thing you'd expect to see tons of follow up on once the story initially broke in the way it did.

I do find it interesting that they were saying "no crime was committed", all of that and now she's being charged with lewd conduct. I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't stick given the fact that there weren't any charges brought initially, but I could be wrong there.

Doubtful. Maybe got a bit mention or something, but I'm going to guess that it probably wasn't as in depth as the original coverage.

Most media is in the business of hits and clicks. That's the reality of it. If she were sentenced to jail time or something, there'd probably be more coverage.

As it is, an appearance isn't really big news now that it's been awhile and kind of out of the news cycles. Not really the kind of thing you'd expect to see tons of follow up on once the story initially broke in the way it did.

I do find it interesting that they were saying "no crime was committed", all of that and now she's being charged with lewd conduct. I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't stick given the fact that there weren't any charges brought initially, but I could be wrong there.

I think they received mire evidence after the fact. Clearly she turned this into charges by lying and throwing a temper tantrum.

I think they received mire evidence after the fact. Clearly she turned this into charges by lying and throwing a temper tantrum.

You won't get any argument from me on that one.

I still don't know if they'll have enough to charge given, but she's seemingly caused most of the headaches she's dealing with right now and that's no one's fault but her own.

I'd said earlier in the thread that it's a dangerous game to go to the media if you are less than 100% inncoent of what you're claiming. I also said I woulnd't have much sympathy for her if she was lying.

You won't get any argument from me on that one.

I still don't know if they'll have enough to charge given, but she's seemingly caused most of the headaches she's dealing with right now and that's no one's fault but her own.

I'd said earlier in the thread that it's a dangerous game to go to the media if you are less than 100% innocent of what you're claiming. I also said I wouldn't have much sympathy for her if she was lying.

It seems in this day that more and more people do just that. In many cases the 24 hour media cycle just feeds off of stories like this and in some ways seems to encourage it.

Police actions have changed (for the good) over the years due to there being cameras and recording everywhere today. They know in many cases if they screw up, they very likely will be caught via video/audio recordings. Many in the public however still don't realize that they can't always lie and get away with it, because there are recordings of their actions as well in some cases and you never know whose has a phone out recording you.