2006 Ashland Invitational

They wont be invited. They should be pre-season 2 if not 1. Ashland wont invite them. You know that as well as i do. Sorry to tell ya.

They had West Carter this year; how is that a a local "strong" team?

West beat Bryan Station in the AIT and then turned around and beat Morgan Co. in districts , Morgan was probably about everyones favorite to come out of the 16th Region! Ashland does invite strong local talent!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is about who Ashland invites or doesn't invite??????

LOL - no, this thread is a chance for a few to harangue on Ashland for not inviting Oak Hill Academy, Dematha, and Christ the King from New York, and then setting up the tournament so that they play each of them on the road to the finals.

We go through this exact same thread every year. It starts out as a thread to discuss which teams are in it, but ultimately, it provides an opportunity for some to bash Ashland and show just how little they understand about hosting a tournament.

Frances

Frances

The main purpose of a tournament is REVENUE. If the home team isn't doing as well revenue will be down. Every team that puts on a tournament tries to put their team in the best position as possible to do well in their own tournament, just look back at the old UKIT. How many times did UK ever play a quality team in that tourn.

LOL - no, this thread is a chance for a few to harangue on Ashland for not inviting Oak Hill Academy, Dematha, and Christ the King from New York, and then setting up the tournament so that they play each of them on the road to the finals.

We go through this exact same thread every year. It starts out as a thread to discuss which teams are in it, but ultimately, it provides an opportunity for some to bash Ashland and show just how little they understand about hosting a tournament.

Frances

Frances

Frances my dear you are 100% correct, as usual. :thumb:

West beat Bryan Station in the AIT and then turned around and beat Morgan Co. in districts , Morgan was probably about everyones favorite to come out of the 16th Region! Ashland does invite strong local talent!

They may have beat bryan Station and Morgan; but presseason everyone knew that West would be weak. I think in the presseaon poll they were #9. You cant tell me that is strong.

2 Years ago in the Town Square Bank Inviational (Boyd's Tourney) they had several so called strong teams representing. Such as Louisville Trinity. But then they also had a weak team representing the region in East Carter.

It wouldnt be smart for a team hosting their tournament to invite a Region favorite or powerhouse.

Ashland runs a fine tournament. In its earlier years, when it was one of the only holiday tournaments, the AIT attracted some of the top teams in the state. That is no longer the case because there are now many more tournaments at that time of year. For those of you who are "historians", the tournament was first called the Greenbo Invitational Tournament and held at the Ashland National Guard Armory.

Nonetheless, the AIT still attracts a decent group of schools including more local teams than in the early years. The pairings are for obvious and sound reasons. Financially, it needs Ashland to be successful as much as possible in order to keep local interest and to keep locals in attendance.

I think that any unhappiness from area fans comes from the fact that the other local teams always receive a much tougher path to the finals than does Ashland. That should be expected and, if they don't like the way it is set up, they can refuse the invitation.

As a Rose Hill supporter, I feel certain that Rose Hill will never be invited to participate and I think that is best for both schools. On the other hand, a Rose Hill invitation would probably bring invitations to Mater Dei, OHA, and DeMatha- all three of which would be in Rose Hill's bracket. It would still be a good tournament with Ashland and OHA playing for the championship and Lewis County and Mater Dei fighting for third place.

Ashland runs a fine tournament. In its earlier years, when it was one of the only holiday tournaments, the AIT attracted some of the top teams in the state. That is no longer the case because there are now many more tournaments at that time of year. For those of you who are "historians", the tournament was first called the Greenbo Invitational Tournament and held at the Ashland National Guard Armory.

Nonetheless, the AIT still attracts a decent group of schools including more local teams than in the early years. The pairings are for obvious and sound reasons. Financially, it needs Ashland to be successful as much as possible in order to keep local interest and to keep locals in attendance.

I think that any unhappiness from area fans comes from the fact that the other local teams always receive a much tougher path to the finals than does Ashland. That should be expected and, if they don't like the way it is set up, they can refuse the invitation.

As a Rose Hill supporter, I feel certain that Rose Hill will never be invited to participate and I think that is best for both schools. On the other hand, a Rose Hill invitation would probably bring invitations to Mater Dei, OHA, and DeMatha- all three of which would be in Rose Hill's bracket. It would still be a good tournament with Ashland and OHA playing for the championship and Lewis County and Mater Dei fighting for third place.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Is this really neccessary?