2006 Ashland Invitational

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Elliott in it also, but I believe that the invitations have already been extended. I could very well be wrong about this, but I was of the opinion that scheduling teams for a tournament like this is usually done around the time of the tournament itself.

Again, I could be wrong, but I think that's how it works.

Frances

They wont be invited. They should be pre-season 2 if not 1. Ashland wont invite them. You know that as well as i do. Sorry to tell ya.

They had West Carter this year; how is that a a local "strong" team?

They wont be invited. They should be pre-season 2 if not 1. Ashland wont invite them. You know that as well as i do. Sorry to tell ya.

They had West Carter this year; how is that a a local "strong" team?

They also had Russell, who was the 16th Region Pre-season favorite.

Let's see..um....Ashland didn't invite Bath or Meniffee last season. If they wanted weak talent...then those were the schools to invite.

Don't get me wrong...I always root for whoever is playing against Ashland...they stack the tourney...that's obvious. They tourney has lost its prestige...Was once the premiere holiday tourney...now it's a laugh.

HOWEVER--they still have a decent little get together with some strong local talent~and some moderate state talent.

(there is a difference between strong local and moderate state talent too).

Let's see..um....Ashland didn't invite Bath or Meniffee last season. If they wanted weak talent...then those were the schools to invite.

Don't get me wrong...I always root for whoever is playing against Ashland...they stack the tourney...that's obvious. They tourney has lost its prestige...Was once the premiere holiday tourney...now it's a laugh.

HOWEVER--they still have a decent little get together with some strong local talent~and some moderate state talent.

(there is a difference between strong local and moderate state talent too).

You are right there is some strong talent in the AIT and its generally in the opposite bracket from Ashland!

You are right there is some strong talent in the AIT and its generally in the opposite bracket from Ashland!

I do believe this is the way that the majority of host schools set up their tournaments.