Brossart/Mason Co. Predictions

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Royals decide to show up and play like they have against PC and some others they win handily.But if they play like there last 2 games its over earlier and all Brossart.Time will tell regardless Friday should be fun and a full house.Good luck to both teams.

I agree.:thumb:

I stand by my comments, the AIT for example with the exception of Christian Co. I believe everyone else took care of the Bryan Stations and the Simon Kentons for you, BB had the easier bracket. As for the 37th, just because everyone had comparable records doesn't make for the best district in the region. And for the grand finale of beating Montgomery Co. in the 1st round, BB finally did what they were supposed to do. No big Surprise in that game. For those that expected it to be close I guess you could have called it wishful thinking on their part. Now for the serious thoughts, yes, BB does have alot of potential, I just do not think that this group of young men have grown together as a team. If you want to take offense to this then so be it. I made my comments and observations and I guess I struck a few nerves. Good Luck to the four finalists and let the best team at tourney time win!!

BB does have alot of potential, I just do not think that this group of young men have grown together as a team. If you want to take offense to this then so be it.
O.K. it's your opinion - you know what they say about opinions!

There are informed opinions and uninformed opinions and I would say that your guess is a borderline guess which would qualify as an unqualified opinion. I'd be curious as to what your opinion is based on that we have not grown as a team.

No offense taken but as an insider I scratch my head and wonder where some of these uninformed opinions come from and why anyone would want to make a statement like that????

If you are talking about our team chemistry, you are way out in left field. There is nothing wrong with our team chemistry - it is excellent. If you are talking about us not meeting your expectations, then you must fail to understand that there is a major difference in the quickness and intensity of the varsity level as opposed to the JV level and that this Junior laden team was beat up and sick for awhile and it took it's toll. Even through that period a 53-49 loss to Highlands in Fort Thomas, and a 56-52 near miss to CovCath during this period doesn't exactly qualify as a total breakdown.

Highlands was in the same boat last year - all junior and underclassmen lineup - they went 9-20. We play a comparable schedule and are presently 19-11.

We are happy with where we are right now. AIT Champs, 10the Region "A" Champs, 37th District Champs, and presently in the Final Four of the 10th Region Big Dance.

What do you want from us???? :madman:

Have to agree with Mustang on this one. The Mustangs are having a good season. They may lose tomorrow night but you can't take away what they have accomplished this year. That two year absence from the fieldhouse certainly made them hungrier this year, not to mention the missed $$$$$ from not being there.

Why wouldnt Mason Co win? They play the Region on their home floor every year. Throw out PC and they have a huge advantage year in year out. Even when they meet PC in the finals this year... I would hate to be PC having to go down to the Fieldhouse and win another one.

I think he was joking(i hope) just trying to get a kick out of eveerybody.I dont see either team winning by much.

I was not kidding. I look for Chris lofton to have a big game from behind the arc. This in turn should open up the inside game for Feldhause. Mason will also need a strong perfomance off the bench from Timmy Myrick and Ronny Lyons.

:sssh:

Did not saying anything about team chemistry, that would infer problems. I never said that, I did say that I do feel that they have not grown together. Couple of players have taken 2 steps forward and 1 back. I think 2 in particular have stepped up big time(and no, I'll not name players that is not fair). As fans you have had high expectations and yes I as a fan of the 10th have had equally as high of expectations, I feel the 10th is one of the top regions in the state and I hope that the 10th succeeds to the fullest of capabilities possible. You talk about not being fair, I think that someone as close to the program as you are would not be so thin skinned and to think that my opinion is an uneducated guess. This is a public forum, therefore I believe the purpose is to bring up topics and to discuss them. Some discussions you may enjoy and others you may not, but this is freedom of speech and too judge ones qualifications based upon their observations, I would think might be a little prematurely judgmental.

I think that someone as close to the program as you are would not be so thin skinned and to think that my opinion is an uneducated guess. This is a public forum, therefore I believe the purpose is to bring up topics and to discuss them. Some discussions you may enjoy and others you may not, but this is freedom of speech and to judge ones qualifications based upon their observations, I would think might be a little prematurely judgmental.
I said No Offense Taken - and No OffenseTaken.

I also said that I'd be curious as to what your opinion is based on that we have not grown as a team? You want to name players, but haven't spelled out why you feel we haven't grown as a team.

Because I am close to the program I feel I know and understand what is going on within it and therefore probably have a better understanding than you do

It seems that we are comparing your "observations" with my first hand knowledge of the situation.

This is all useless banter anyway - we are happy, for the most part healthy, and as somebody stated hungry to succeed. We are playing Mason County for the right to play for the trip to Rupp. I believe in my ball-club. I firmly believe that we can get the job done.

If we don't we will evaluate the season, get in the weight-room, work hard throughout the summer, learn from our past mistakes and try again in 2006-07. It's not a perfect science - it's a game.

When the season is over, whenever and wherever that happens, we will be able to look in the mirror and look ourselves in the eye with the full knowledge that we put our kids in a position to win. We will have watched miles of video, implemented great game plans, and given our players every possible advantage going into our games. They are fundamentally sound, well-conditioned, extremely well coached, highly-practiced athletes.

The fact that we start one senior and four juniors has not kept us from playing for this year and our year is still going, along with 63 other teams in the state.

Many others wish they could say the same!!!

I predicted a 7 point win for Mason in my preview, however I was very surprised by the way both teams played Tuesday. I would not be surprised at all if Brossart wins the game...

Brossart needs to get a quick lead, a 7-10 point lead would be huge.....