Brossart/Mason Co. Predictions

Sorry but they are a small single A school, which is now competitive with most of their larger brethren--Nothing more than a simple FACT!! Not sure what you expected them to do--go 30 something and 0/1/2???? The players, coaches and fans have high expectations just like your program does; but were realistic when it comes to this year. You don't replace seven seniors, who played the vast majority of the varsity minutes without some growing pains!! You'll find that out next year!! :D

We all know about your A school status and that is a fact because of how many times we here it. We know you can play with the big boys until you lose and then you are the small A school. I Didn't expect them to lose to Newport and NCC.

Its funny how you always want to go to next year. Let's talk present. We don't have to be reminded that our talent pool is not going to be as good as it has been the last 3 years. We do have some pretty knowlegeable fans here in the boonies regardless of what some of our Northern Brothers think. :D

Again I think BB the small A school will upset Mason Co.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know about your A school status and that is a fact because of how many times we here it. We know you can play with the big boys until you lose and then you are the small A school. I Didn't expect them to lose to Newport and NCC.

Its funny how you always want to go to next year. Let's talk present. We don't have to be reminded that our talent pool is not going to be as good as it has been the last 3 years. We do have some pretty knowlegeable fans here in the boonies regardless of what some of our Northern Brothers think. :D

Again I think BB the small A school will upset Mason Co.

Just like any other school Sharp, for every one or two knowledgeable fans, there's still some not so knowledgeable fans...:D

As for Friday night, I think it will be a very,very good game. The Fieldhouse on Friday night will be the best basketball and atmosphere in state IMO...

Its been run in the ground alright but seems no one from Mason will admit its there.Its there and thats that play ball and keep the tenth at Mason.I'm not picking Mason to win Friday because of that though.

I'll be the first to tell you that homecourt advantage is a big key is the 10th Region Tournament. Being a former Royal I would not have wanted to win the 10th anywhere else but the Fieldhouse. There's nothing like the hometown crowd cheerin you to RUPP!!

Just like any other school Sharp, for every one or two knowledgeable fans, there's still some not so knowledgeable fans...:D

As for Friday night, I think it will be a very,very good game. The Fieldhouse on Friday night will be the best basketball and atmosphere in state IMO...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, all that I heard last year was that the BB JV won the region and they would the team to be reckoned with. I simply stated that based upon your previous "High Expectations" that this had not happened. Yes, I have seen BB a couple of times this year and have yet to be impressed!!. As you are so quick to point out(I'm simply stating the facts). As I previously stated, everything they have won has been weak. The AIT was weak this year, the ALL A region was very weak and yes the District was equally as weak. Show me your big Regional Wins other than the mid range teams and lower. So far "They have not produced". They may and I may have to eat crow, it won't be the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. This is what makes the forum so great.

P.S. Finally got your attention, I've been waiting for nearly 2 weeks, your the first to take the bait.

I couldnt agree more. I think we will have two great games with the Fieldhouse packed to the rafters. I am going to take the Mustangs in another low scoring defensive battle.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, all that I heard last year was that the BB JV won the region and they would the team to be reckoned with.

I simply stated that based upon your previous "High Expectations"

Whose expectations?? Using JV teams to predict next year's varsity is risky business, kind of like comparing scores

that this had not happened. Yes, I have seen BB a couple of times this year and have yet to be impressed!!.

They're in the regional semis after winning the district??

As you are so quick to point out(I'm simply stating the facts). As I previously stated, everything they have won has been weak. The AIT was weak this year,

The AIT isn't the premier tourney it used to be, but still had a pretty good field--Bryan Station was top 5 in the state at the time, Christian County ended UHA's season I believe, Simon Kenton is in the 8th region semi's , etc.

the ALL A region was very weak

Hardly Brossart's fault, and many other All "A" regions are as well.

and yes the District was equally as weak.

I'd argue he 37th was by far the strongest district in the 10th region. Scott came within 3 seconds of beating Clark, whom many pick to win the 10th, and they went OT with Campbell (who was much better than their record) to get to the region. You can't seriously argue that Pendleton or Mason's were nearly as good of districts??

Show me your big Regional Wins other than the mid range teams and lower.

I'd consider Montgomery a good win,though obviously not as good as Deming or Augusta??:rolleyes:

So far "They have not produced".

Wrong!!!!

They may and I may have to eat crow, it won't be the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. This is what makes the forum so great.

We'll see this weekend, but I'll still consider this a good season if they should lose to Mason or Pendleton (No disgraces there).

P.S. Finally got your attention, I've been waiting for nearly 2 weeks, your the first to take the bait.

????

Mason by as many as they want!

As many as they want + a three pointer!!!! Probably should just let PC and Mason play Friday and save everyone the time and trouble, but then they wouldn't sell as much popcorn?? :D