Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 10 Calvary Christian 0

Featured Replies

I repeat. If the game got done early good for them. Its stupid to keep playing reserves just to avoid someone scoring a lot. Get the game over.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 - 0 is still a win, isn't it ScottEagle? No need to keep the best player in to score 7 goals on a team that is obviously on a different level.

3 - 0 is still a win, isn't it ScottEagle? No need to keep the best player in to score 7 goals on a team that is obviously on a different level.

 

Well duh, of course its still a win but they came up with the 10-0 run rule for a reason don't you think? they wanted teams to get as many goals as they can or they would not have made the rule don't you think?

First off Mr. so called Yellow Card, you might want to take note that we have your little Cooper team on our schedule too in just a couple weeks so watch the Scott bashing. I'm guessing we'll give you the Calvary treatment as well since I heard your defense is nothing special.

 

Secondly, why does it matter if we beat a team 10-0 if one player scores the goals or 5 or 6 players score? Who cares? If not for Treadway pouring goals in on them we may not have reached the 10 goal total. Only two other players were able to score against them so without him it would have been 3-0. You may want to think about your posts before hitting send! Duh

 

Doesn't say much for the rest of your team... Looking forward to the Cooper and Cov Cath games even more now.

First off Mr. so called Yellow Card, you might want to take note that we have your little Cooper team on our schedule too in just a couple weeks so watch the Scott bashing. I'm guessing we'll give you the Calvary treatment as well since I heard your defense is nothing special.

 

Secondly, why does it matter if we beat a team 10-0 if one player scores the goals or 5 or 6 players score? Who cares? If not for Treadway pouring goals in on them we may not have reached the 10 goal total. Only two other players were able to score against them so without him it would have been 3-0. You may want to think about your posts before hitting send! Duh

 

I apologize that you take my thoughts/suggestions as bashing Scott.

 

Yes, I know that Scott is on Cooper's schedule... I wish they were not... but not for the reasons you are probably thinking.

 

I will not waste any time addressing your other comments...

Cooper has Latin, Calvary, St Francis on their schedule to still play....AND also a D1 player up top like Scott.....

 

Thoughts from those connected?

 

 

my thoughts......we probably won't be having the same conversations....

Well duh, of course its still a win but they came up with the 10-0 run rule for a reason don't you think? they wanted teams to get as many goals as they can or they would not have made the rule don't you think?

 

If they wanted them to get as many goals as they can... they would NOT limit it to 10... DON'T YOU THINK!!!

I repeat. If the game got done early good for them. Its stupid to keep playing reserves just to avoid someone scoring a lot. Get the game over.

 

I agree that you should not turn this into a possession drill, but I see no harm in playing the reserves to get them playing time. Why endanger a "star" player or players in a game which is clearly lopsided. The main argument that people make against playing high school soccer instead of playing with their club year round is that the play is inferior and the risk of injury rises due to this. When you are in a situation where you clearly have the game in hand against a team that can't compete, why risk losing your top players to a frustrated/reckless player on the other team? What happens if your "star" player gets hurt with the score 8-0 in a meaningless game? What would your thought pattern be then? You would criticize the coach for playing them in a game that was clearly decided.

 

My thought is that you play the game as it was intended to be played, but use your reserve players to get them some ball touches and try to develop them.

Cooper has Latin, Calvary, St Francis on their schedule to still play....AND also a D1 player up top like Scott.....

 

Thoughts from those connected?

 

I believe that the Latin match has been cancelled... As for the other 2 that are still to be played.

 

I am very comfortable in saying that if Cooper was to find itself in the same situation, as Scott was in last night, our coaches would handle it differently. If not, than I have completely misjudged their character, and coaching beliefs.

 

I will also say that if I was a Scott parent, I would not be commenting on this blog today, I think my time would be better spent talking to the coaching staff, and athletic director instead.

As someone who isn't a traditional soccer follower, what would be considered an acceptable number of goals for the top player on a team in a 10-0 win?

Would 5 goals have sparked a similar discussion? Or 6? Would it be significantly worse had he scored 8 or 9?

He was making up for his 2 game suspension. Cut him some slack.

 

You are kidding right? And fwiw, I don't follow enough but since you brought it up, why was he suspended?

Is Scott's coach the Mattney of soccer?

I will limit my comments to this....I believe the coach and the player both were at some fault in this game. I will follow that statement with a reminder to all of you that our coach is only in his second season of being involved with high school soccer period. He is not from this country and did not play high school soccer here. He also never coached high school soccer before last year. There is no manual that I know of that tells a new coach how to handle situations he has never faced. He will learn from his mistakes just like everyone else learns from their own. Unfortunately, Scott is similar to several other high schools in the fact that our AD doesn't really care about us unless it affects him directly so there isn't much guidance for a new coach coming from the administration. As for the player, you all know we live in an achievement based society. In this situation the player was trying to break a record. Do I think it is necessary...no. How many conversations in soccer begin with who scored? We are all a little to blame for that mentality.

This is probably one of the dumbest arguments in all of high school soccer. You should play to get the 10 goals as quickly as possible.

 

If you leave your best players in that is your risk. Bear the responsibility if it backfires. Reap the rewards if it doesn't.

 

We always want to blame the winning team in these situations if a hot head on the losing team takes someone out. How about recognizing that, while frustrating and humiliating, losing a game is not an excuse to lose composure and hurt someone.

 

People need to quit placing blame on this game and move on with life, its called the Mercy rule for a reason, its a good thing.

I will limit my comments to this....I believe the coach and the player both were at some fault in this game. I will follow that statement with a reminder to all of you that our coach is only in his second season of being involved with high school soccer period. He is not from this country and did not play high school soccer here. He also never coached high school soccer before last year. There is no manual that I know of that tells a new coach how to handle situations he has never faced. He will learn from his mistakes just like everyone else learns from their own. Unfortunately, Scott is similar to several other high schools in the fact that our AD doesn't really care about us unless it affects him directly so there isn't much guidance for a new coach coming from the administration. As for the player, you all know we live in an achievement based society. In this situation the player was trying to break a record. Do I think it is necessary...no. How many conversations in soccer begin with who scored? We are all a little to blame for that mentality.

 

Absolutely isn't Ken Mueller's fault, and to say he doesn't care about the soccer program (or any other program at Scott) unless it affects him, is false. I know it's popular for some to bash him, but he attends almost every home event, and is usually at any big away event. He cares, and cares a lot.

 

All I know, is for whatever reason, the soccer team is suddenly bringing a lot of negative looks at the school because of sportsmanship issues. First yellow/red cards, ejections, and now running up the score. I get that things like this happen sometimes at many schools. However, this seems to be becoming an ongoing issue surrounding the soccer program.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.