Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 10 Calvary Christian 0

Featured Replies

Just had another thought......do you think the Coach will have Schneider and Tackett run today at practice for not passing to Treadway and actually having the nerve to take a shot ?

  • Replies 94
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shouldn't have to apologize for crushing people that want to play us. Calvary wanted to play us so that's what they get. You Cov Catholic guys are just upset that our offense is better than yours. LOL

 

Maybe Treadway will put up 7 goals on you too and then you'll be whining even more!

 

Sounds like ScottEagle is throwing down the gauntlet... I'm putting the Cov Cath v Scott game 10/02/14 on my list to watch!

Eagle.......much respect for standing up for your team.......

 

The fact that you disagree with me means ...... I am right !!!

 

He's a kid defending his boys' honor even though it is not his boys we have the issue with. They played the game as their coach instructed them to do.

We shouldn't have to apologize for crushing people that want to play us. Calvary wanted to play us so that's what they get.

 

Ugh

... and the hits just keep on coming (for the coaching staff at Scott HS).

 

To be fair, it's difficult to judge exactly what is going on with the decisions/actions of the coaching staff. However, perception is reality to most. And the actions of the last few weeks, coupled with recent and not-so-recent history of red cards, flopping, questionable personnel decisions, all point to a lack of leadership.

... and the hits just keep on coming (for the coaching staff at Scott HS).

 

To be fair, it's difficult to judge exactly what is going on with the decisions/actions of the coaching staff. However, perception is reality to most. And the actions of the last few weeks, coupled with recent and not-so-recent history of red cards, flopping, questionable personnel decisions, all point to a lack of leadership.

 

Let me be clear again: I'm not saying the coach had any ill will in his heart/mind. I don't know him so will not assume such. I just think he wasn't using his noggin. He's not the first nor will he be the last. Just show some common sense and compassion.

Wish I knew more about this game. Not to many details but leaving Treadway in the game to score 7 goals doesn't seem to smart on the coaches decision, however I was told 4 of the goals came very early in the first half, and it was his first game back off an undeserved red card, the coach had some factors to consider, hard to not let him play but not very smart IMO.

 

I will start by saying I was not there, so I am also short on details but I think the stats and details you provided are enough to go on.

 

Leaving Treadway in... No it is not smart, and not very sportsmanlike either!!!

 

First game back off an undeserved red card... Not sure I agree with this statement, the Ref from the Boone/Scott match probably would not either. Regardless of what we think about the red card against Boone, what does it have to do with last nights match up? Your comment makes it sound like you are saying this was justified because the red card was not warranted.

 

The coach had some factors to consider, hard to not let him play... Yes, he did, most coaches do!!! To say that it is hard to not let him play is a bunch of bull, I think this is very sad to see, I really have a hard time accepting his approach to the GAME.

 

I will say that if Scott was short on players last night, or had a limited roster, I could cut the coach some slack. Does not appear to be the case... stats show that they played 18 kids.

Let me be clear again: I'm not saying the coach had any ill will in his heart/mind. I don't know him so will not assume such. I just think he wasn't using his noggin. He's not the first nor will he be the last. Just show some common sense and compassion.

 

 

 

......and leadership ! Do not sacrafice the PROGRAM, for one GAME.......

 

again.....it is a shame that the majority of the players/parents/supporters of the Scott program are going to catch the fallout for a lack of leadership...........

 

I can say with almost 99.9% certainty that they probably feel the same way..... 00.1% is Eagle !!!!

Did the game get over early for the mercy rule? If so, seems worth it. I hate dragging the games out for no reason. Just end it and let everyone go home.

Hate to say it but this is nothing new.........in my opinion it lessens the entire program......especially coming off the Boone game ......

 

Please tell me it was at least uncomfortable in the stands.....

 

Uncomfortable enough for someone to speak up? I wonder if anyone from their Administration was there to take in the match. It would be interesting to hear the opinion of the school on this one.

I will start by saying I was not there, so I am also short on details but I think the stats and details you provided are enough to go on.

 

Leaving Treadway in... No it is not smart, and not very sportsmanlike either!!!

 

First game back off an undeserved red card... Not sure I agree with this statement, the Ref from the Boone/Scott match probably would not either. Regardless of what we think about the red card against Boone, what does it have to do with last nights match up? Your comment makes it sound like you are saying this was justified because the red card was not warranted.

 

The coach had some factors to consider, hard to not let him play... Yes, he did, most coaches do!!! To say that it is hard to not let him play is a bunch of bull, I think this is very sad to see, I really have a hard time accepting his approach to the GAME.

 

I will say that if Scott was short on players last night, or had a limited roster, I could cut the coach some slack. Does not appear to be the case... stats show that they played 18 kids.

 

 

 

agree Yellow.......one thing to add.......The Coach did let him play......4 quick goals, THEN he let him stay in for another hat trick.......sad

We shouldn't have to apologize for crushing people that want to play us. Calvary wanted to play us so that's what they get. You Cov Catholic guys are just upset that our offense is better than yours. LOL

 

Maybe Treadway will put up 7 goals on you too and then you'll be whining even more!

 

Your right, you should not have to apologize for "crushing" another team... Shame on Calvary Christian for scheduling a match with a program that seems to be in need of some better direction lately.

 

What needs apologizing for is the manner in which it was done. In soccer, you will see many matches this year that have ended by the Mercy Rule... I can't say that I have seen another in which the "star" player scored 7 goals... to me, that is the main issue... and could have been prevented.

 

If Scott is that much better than so be it, but play the game with some dignity, compassion, class, etc... What kept the coach from pulling his starters at half and letting the reserves play? If they still win by 10, and Treadway has about 4 goals, I do not think this conversation ever happens.

... and the hits just keep on coming (for the coaching staff at Scott HS).

 

To be fair, it's difficult to judge exactly what is going on with the decisions/actions of the coaching staff. However, perception is reality to most. And the actions of the last few weeks, coupled with recent and not-so-recent history of red cards, flopping, questionable personnel decisions, all point to a lack of leadership.

 

I realize that we are all on the outside looking in on all of this... but for the life of me, I do not see a way that you can put a good spin on the happenings there.

 

Your right, all just perceptions by most of us, you would think that someone would want to try and change these perceptions though.

Your right, you should not have to apologize for "crushing" another team... Shame on Calvary Christian for scheduling a match with a program that seems to be in need of some better direction lately.

 

What needs apologizing for is the manner in which it was done. In soccer, you will see many matches this year that have ended by the Mercy Rule... I can't say that I have seen another in which the "star" player scored 7 goals... to me, that is the main issue... and could have been prevented.

 

If Scott is that much better than so be it, but play the game with some dignity, compassion, class, etc... What kept the coach from pulling his starters at half and letting the reserves play? If they still win by 10, and Treadway has about 4 goals, I do not think this conversation ever happens.

 

First off Mr. so called Yellow Card, you might want to take note that we have your little Cooper team on our schedule too in just a couple weeks so watch the Scott bashing. I'm guessing we'll give you the Calvary treatment as well since I heard your defense is nothing special.

 

Secondly, why does it matter if we beat a team 10-0 if one player scores the goals or 5 or 6 players score? Who cares? If not for Treadway pouring goals in on them we may not have reached the 10 goal total. Only two other players were able to score against them so without him it would have been 3-0. You may want to think about your posts before hitting send! Duh

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.