Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 10 Calvary Christian 0

Featured Replies

Does not really change my thinking, mostly because I was already of the opinion that this should have never happened. When I first heard about this match I could not see anyway that these actions could have been justified, seeing your comparisons between Latin and Calvary makes it seem that there was a definite mismatch that seems to have been taken advantage of that night.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the club coach have kept him in if he was playing a game against a rec team two years younger?

 

NO!!!

So I went to the old trusty riherds and saw a few 10-0 scores in the past week. I looked at scoring and most players didn't score more than 2, not that they couldn't but because their coach probably moved them or took them off the field. This is coaching etiquette, this is an unwritten rule, but then again coming from Scott it's not surprising. The coach is very good at coaching the game, I heard a few years back he played a varsity starter in Jv regionals, that's Bush league, why would you do that?,

So I went to the old trusty riherds and saw a few 10-0 scores in the past week. I looked at scoring and most players didn't score more than 2, not that they couldn't but because their coach probably moved them or took them off the field. This is coaching etiquette, this is an unwritten rule, but then again coming from Scott it's not surprising. The coach is very good at coaching the game, I heard a few years back he played a varsity starter in Jv regionals, that's Bush league, why would you do that?,

 

Scott is not the first team to bring varsity starters to that tournament. As always the problem with unwritten rules is they aren't real.

No, they are not the first and won't be the last. In talking with a friend of mine, he stated that the coaches that do this are the coaches that are not aware of the rules that are put in place by the region coaches. So apparently they are spoken rules that most coaches know about. It's a Jv game not a let's mix players from all the teams and play. Come on it crazy to think that this would be acceptable.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.