Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA board approves public-private measures

Featured Replies

Is there any other state in this country that stops a child from participating in sports for 50% of their high school life?

 

If this needs to be reworded, does any other state in our country have a regulation that, if violated, the punishment for the student is to deny them from participating in sports for 50% of their high school life?

 

Or worded another way, does any other state in our country keep their kids from participating in sports for 50% of their high school life because their parents choose to change their school setting.

 

I am not interested in the Kentucky rationalization for what is being proposed,

I'm not interested in the arguments.

I want to know if other adults in this country have approved of this kind of punishment for their kids.

 

I was told no by a KHSAA administrator.

  • Replies 241
  • Views 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many St Thomas/St Catherine/St Therese kids end up at Highlands?

 

From St. Catherine's, about 45 percent go to HHS, another 45 percent to NCC the other 10 to other schools. The entire 5th grade class is usually around 25-30. Most children who go to HHS will leave and go to HMS in the

6th grade. Not many from St. Thomas and very few from St. Therese IMO.

I was told no by a KHSAA administrator.

 

 

Thank you.

  • Author

When this all is said and done, I want to see in all athletic programs, as a part of the required roster information, the name of the grade school/middle school from which the athlete came.

Broughton said some schools "are flat out cheating. We need a deterrent."

 

More baseless, unproven, irresponsible accusations to justify a method to lock in the pool of potential atheletes for a school at the expense of our youth.

 

The message from public schools is clear - we want our pipeline locked in. Who gets shafted in the process of doing that is simply collateral damage. A kid denied ANY sports participation for a year in school is a high probability for drug abuse, behavior issues. But hey who cares? Not the coaches and ADs - they have their pipeline defined and more bodies can replace those lost in the shuffle.

From St. Catherine's, about 45 percent go to HHS, another 45 percent to NCC the other 10 to other schools. The entire 5th grade class is usually around 25-30. Most children who go to HHS will leave and go to HMS in the

6th grade. Not many from St. Thomas and very few from St. Therese IMO.

 

Sounds like St Catherine's enrollment will be decreasing.

Sounds like St Catherine's enrollment will be decreasing.

 

Based on your comment do you think they are going to sanction a student who goes from St. Catherine's to HMS in the 6th grade? If so, you are correct and this might be the end of St.Catherine's. Decreased enrollement of that nature will hurt them big time. I know of at least one student who will be going to the public schools next year. What a shame!!

How long do you have to be in the "feeder system?" Can you come in the 6th grade instead of 9th? Doesn't that only make the parents make their decision earlier in their childs scholastic career? Won't that ultimately hurt public schools that don't have the history and reputation of private schools? I'm confused and perplexed.

How long do you have to be in the "feeder system?" Can you come in the 6th grade instead of 9th? Doesn't that only make the parents make their decision earlier in their childs scholastic career? Won't that ultimately hurt public schools that don't have the history and reputation of private schools? I'm confused and perplexed.

 

I think I read that you have to attend at least 7th and 8th grade in the feeder school. 8th only looks like its a problem.

 

However, if 8th is a problem, could a kid who came to St Catherine's in the 8th grade from Highlands Middle School, attend HHS as a frosh and play right away?

A truly awful decision ... for once, I'm hoping the court system becomes involved.

A truly awful decision ... for once, I'm hoping the court system becomes involved.

If there is no appeal process in place for hardship cases, I agree.

I think I read that you have to attend at least 7th and 8th grade in the feeder school. 8th only looks like its a problem.

 

However, if 8th is a problem, could a kid who came to St Catherine's in the 8th grade from Highlands Middle School, attend HHS as a frosh and play right away?

 

Depends. The kid must have lived at least 27 days around (or on) a fire hydrant. Not the yellow ones, the red ones. The kid must also be able to juggle three balls, while drinking water and tying his shoe. If he has a descendant within the last thirty years that's lived in Ft. Thomas and attended HHS at some point, or maybe even gone to a football game, the kid is in. That's an amendment to Proposition CLUELESS.:madman: :madman:

Breathe sticky.

In through your nose,

Blow out through your mouth.

 

Find your happy place.

Breathe sticky.

In through your nose,

Blow out through your mouth.

 

Find your happy place.

 

I keep seeing a midget galloping around on a horse/broom and "Shooter" kissing my Grandmother, then my wife.:irked:

Find your happy place.

My happy place used to be Kentucky, home of the Sweet 16. A state fabled for basketball greatness and the emotional Cinderella story.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.