Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tony Soprano's fate revealed by The Sopranos creator

Featured Replies

I finally got around to watching all of the Sopranos and wrapped it up this week. I'm not sure how I was able to avoid hearing the ending.

 

It's a good show but I'm not sure how some claim it to be one of the best shows ever. It was sort of tough to get through for me because I felt like it just dragged on. I was annoyed with the ending personally. Probably because I wanted to quit watching the series out of boredom several times, but trucked through and was left unfulfilled with them leaving it ambiguous.

 

Many shows I'd recommend before this one.

I have wondered how this show would age. I think many forget it started in the late '90s, so television as a whole has changed. I believe what I credit the Sopranos most for is being the first DVD show that people would binge. Bill Simmons went back and watched them all a few months back. He said what stood out the most is how vile of a human Tony is.
I have wondered how this show would age. I think many forget it started in the late '90s, so television as a whole has changed. I believe what I credit the Sopranos most for is being the first DVD show that people would binge. Bill Simmons went back and watched them all a few months back. He said what stood out the most is how vile of a human Tony is.

 

It's still one of my favorite shows ever. Every once in a while I will binge a season or two.

I have wondered how this show would age. I think many forget it started in the late '90s, so television as a whole has changed. I believe what I credit the Sopranos most for is being the first DVD show that people would binge. Bill Simmons went back and watched them all a few months back. He said what stood out the most is how vile of a human Tony is.

 

One of my co-workers was watching it too and I think gave up around Season 3. Not sure if he is going to finish it or not.

 

One of the comments I made to him in season 5 though was along the lines of what you said. I paraphrase but I said to him, "I wonder if this is so beloved and put on the Mt. Rushmore of TV shows by some because it was sort of the first of it's kind. TV has changed a lot since this came out and it maybe sort of change the TV game".

I feel like outside of Tony, and maybe Paulie, I just didn't really enjoy any of the characters and that's usually what hooks me to a show.

I feel like outside of Tony, and maybe Paulie, I just didn't really enjoy any of the characters and that's usually what hooks me to a show.

 

You are skating on thin ice here, MJ. Borderline hot take blasphemy spewing from your keyboard this morning!

You are skating on thin ice here, MJ. Borderline hot take blasphemy spewing from your keyboard this morning!

 

Haha I am sure that it's an unpoplar take. I don't know man, it was just a struggle for me.

 

I really struggled with AJ & Carmella.

Haha I am sure that it's an unpoplar take. I don't know man, it was just a struggle for me.

 

I really struggled with AJ & Carmella.

AJ I will give you. He was rough to deal with at times. I liked Carmella and thought Edie Falco nailed the role.

 

I loved Tony's mother and dynamic he had with her. Unfortunately she died in real life; hence, why she was removed from the show.

I loved Tony's mother and dynamic he had with her. Unfortunately she died in real life; hence, why she was removed from the show.

 

Oh okay, interesting. I didn't think hard about it or look into it but it did seem a little strange that they killed her character off.

 

I did like Johnny Sacks but a lot of the other antagonist of the show just didn't do it for me.

The magic of the show was that Tony and all of his crew were horrible people. It's not often that murdering, chauvinistic, adulterous, psychopaths are characters that you care for.

It's still one of my favorite shows ever. Every once in a while I will binge a season or two.

 

My wife and I rewatched The Soprano’s over the summer, and I really enjoyed it more than I did first time around.

I hated all the dream sequence episodes, but other than that I loved this show.

The accents are the toughest part of it for me (apart from you know, the endless cruelty and violence).

 

I find most Northeastern accents really grating.

 

That said, I'd love to go back and rewatch this show. I loved it the first time around.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.