August 18, 201412 yr I don't think he even considered what you posted, even at Coors Field. Hell, I know I wouldn't have guessed Chapman walking the bases loaded. But once it was a 4 run lead you have to think that way. Especially with another game to play and no off day before going to St. Louis. Even if Chapman comes in and give up only one run and the Reds win but he throws 30 pitches??? Now you can't use him in the Night game. I don't buy the whole well he warmed up so we have to use him. Heck if Pedro Bourbon was still alive he would pitch the 9th AND Game 2.
August 18, 201412 yr BTW major props to the Rockies Mega-Fan who never gave up hope. That guy can cheer for my team any day.
August 18, 201412 yr Once you get a guy like Chapman fully loose you either use him, or don't have him for either game. Easy to 2nd guess that one from the couch, but he was going to pitch the 9th regardless. Why not instead put him at fault for walking four, not getting an out and creating a terrible situation... :idunno:
August 18, 201412 yr Once you get a guy like Chapman fully loose you either use him, or don't have him for either game. Easy to 2nd guess that one from the couch, but he was going to pitch the 9th regardless. Why not instead put him at fault for walking four, not getting an out and creating a terrible situation... :idunno: As far as I see it, Chapman IS the one to blame. Yeah Hoover gave up the dinger...but, if Chappy doesn't walk the entire population of Colorado, then Stubbs isn't up there at that time.
August 18, 201412 yr But once it was a 4 run lead you have to think that way. Especially with another game to play and no off day before going to St. Louis. Even if Chapman comes in and give up only one run and the Reds win but he throws 30 pitches??? Now you can't use him in the Night game. I don't buy the whole well he warmed up so we have to use him. Heck if Pedro Bourbon was still alive he would pitch the 9th AND Game 2. I understand what you are posting. I've got a feeling Price didn't. I'm thinking he wanted Chapman to toss 9-12 pitches, strike out the side and get in the locker room. Something wasn't right with Chapman, that's obvious. I don't buy the altitude excuse used on him by TV Welch either.
August 18, 201412 yr Once you get a guy like Chapman fully loose you either use him, or don't have him for either game. Easy to 2nd guess that one from the couch, but he was going to pitch the 9th regardless. Why not instead put him at fault for walking four, not getting an out and creating a terrible situation... :idunno: Why is Chapman so different that you have to use him once he warms up? So if he warms up for the 9th inning but sits down and throws 0 pitches he can't pitch the Night game? And this is after an Off Day? And this is an All-Star?
August 18, 201412 yr Axelrod's pitches to the plate are slower than the line drives coming off the Rockies bats. ATOM balls. Just need 25 more of them.
August 18, 201412 yr Chiefs and Panthers on Fox brother. Just do it. You'll thank me later. Thank you, just turned the 2nd game of the DH off and turned football on. Wouldn't have even thought about watching football if I hadn't seen that post.
August 18, 201412 yr Bruce should've caught Cuddyer's fly ball to RF, but it was cool watching Hamilton chase after that ball & almost make a play at 3rd.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.