Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals Training Camp Updates

Featured Replies

It looked like Dre pulled up lame while covering AJ. Looked like a hammy.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
It looked like Dre pulled up lame while covering AJ. Looked like a hammy.

 

Thats bad news for him. He already missed his rookie year basically with injuries and last year was inconsistent. With all the people thwy have in the secondary he could be a surprise cut if he cant stay healthy

It looked like Dre pulled up lame while covering AJ. Looked like a hammy.

 

The Carson Curse lives on ... Dre "China Doll" Kirkpatrick pulls up lame, again.

They put the pads on today I might go watch them.

  • Author
Is their practice schedule on their website?

 

Somewhere however I just went to google and typed in bengals 2014 training camp and it was the first link.

  • Author

I was at yesterday's practice because I love watching the Oklahoma drill they usually do for the first day in pads, however yesterday was the first time during Marvins tenure that they did not. Which honestly it does make sense for them to finally get away from it, however as a fan I did love watching it.

  • Author

A few quick observations:

 

-UKfan I must say James Wilder did look impressive and is faster than I expected. I still don't think he will have a very hard time making the 53 man roster for the Bengals, however the practice squad could be a possibility if no one else picks him up. He needs to work on his pass blocking though as he was beat rather easily yesterday in the drills.

-I am really like the 1st round pick from this past year in Dennard he really does seem to be a great press corner. He did seem to struggle playing off coverage man some, but it will be nice to have someone that could potentially be lock down corner in the future.

- Sanu is looking a little faster this year, so hopefully he can step up this year like he did his rookie year. With the emergence of Marvin Jones last year, if Sanu can step his play up they have solid top 3 starting WRs.

- I am hoping that even when Greshman is healthy that they still go with Eifert as the starter. He is so talented and brings so much more to the offense IMO.

  • Author

A quick note on the offense. The Bengals have basically been using the no huddle offense during practice for all parts, and they have been in the gun a lot. I seen a lot of guy with both Bernard and Jeremy Hill in the backfield together.

I was at yesterday's practice because I love watching the Oklahoma drill they usually do for the first day in pads, however yesterday was the first time during Marvins tenure that they did not. Which honestly it does make sense for them to finally get away from it, however as a fan I did love watching it.

 

There is really no reason at all to do the Oklahoma drill.... Rey made a comment on it yesterday about how most young guys like it but most old guys just try to get through it. These guys make a living beating their bodies to a pulp. No reason to put to do that even more for a drill that doesn't improve them... It really serves no purpose whatsoever.

A quick note on the offense. The Bengals have basically been using the no huddle offense during practice for all parts, and they have been in the gun a lot. I seen a lot of guy with both Bernard and Jeremy Hill in the backfield together.

 

I'm pretty excited to see the HJ led offense. They want to control the clock by running but also want to run no huddle so they better be able to raise their ypc from last seasona.

I'm pretty excited to see the HJ led offense. They want to control the clock by running but also want to run no huddle so they better be able to raise their ypc from last seasona.

 

Tough to control the clock and go fast. Will be interesting to see what they do. I do think as they have said Dalton's advantage is his mind and how well he knows what they want to do rather than his arm so going quickly and no huddle should be a great idea. Just can't go three and out twice in a row going quick and kill your D.

  • Author
I'm pretty excited to see the HJ led offense. They want to control the clock by running but also want to run no huddle so they better be able to raise their ypc from last seasona.

 

Tough to control the clock and go fast. Will be interesting to see what they do. I do think as they have said Dalton's advantage is his mind and how well he knows what they want to do rather than his arm so going quickly and no huddle should be a great idea. Just can't go three and out twice in a row going quick and kill your D.

 

See I don't think they completely want to run the ball just to control the clock. I think they just want to be able to run the ball to help Andy out more, because that will open up the pass and probably cut down on interceptions. The Bengals finished 6th in points scored last year, so I do believe the Bengals still want to put a lot of points on the board. They want to run the ball to enforce their will on another team and to keep themselves from being one dimensional. The only time I see them using the run to control the clock will be in the 4th with a lead.

 

This year could be a lot like 2005. In which they used the no huddle a lot, and gave them a lot of snaps but also was a very good running team.

So I'm watching WCPOs evening news and the bleacher report is informing the Bengals fans to not sign Andy Dalton because he sucks. You wouldn't have heard that piece on channel 12….

 

:lol2:

See I don't think they completely want to run the ball just to control the clock. I think they just want to be able to run the ball to help Andy out more, because that will open up the pass and probably cut down on interceptions. The Bengals finished 6th in points scored last year, so I do believe the Bengals still want to put a lot of points on the board. They want to run the ball to enforce their will on another team and to keep themselves from being one dimensional. The only time I see them using the run to control the clock will be in the 4th with a lead.

 

This year could be a lot like 2005. In which they used the no huddle a lot, and gave them a lot of snaps but also was a very good running team.

 

When you draft RB's back to back years as high as they did they better want to run the ball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.