July 21, 201412 yr I'm not sure why we are shocked at whats happening. This team can't win in it's current state. They have to get healthy or make a trade if they want to stay in the race. My point exactly. Before the injury you were a big bat LF away from being a serious contender. Might have need another LH in the pen. Now you need those two guys AND a quality 2B and an all star caliber 1B
July 21, 201412 yr Bruce batting .188 (3 hits) versus Peralta in 16 plate appearances, with 7 K's. Schumacher is 1-3, and Heisey is 5-10. Even Ludwick is 1-2.
July 21, 201412 yr I'm glad I wasn't on BGP much this past weekend. I can only imagine how bad the Yanks' thread was. :eek:
July 21, 201412 yr Lutz at first if fine if you're throwing in the towel on this season. A right side with Lutz/Skip or Santiago and Cozart doesn't incite fear in opponents. Fear in opponents? That is a joke. Nobody fears this team and yes I think the Yankees were scared this weekend and Lutz did not play.
July 21, 201412 yr Somewhere in CA, Dusty is sipping a nice glass of wine with a smirk. Not sure why. This team would be 10 games under with his "leadership".
July 21, 201412 yr I'm amazed at some of the criticisms. Bruce is 22 for 97 over the last 30 days. That's a .226 batting average. He sports a .265 OBP in that same time frame. Since the AS Break, he's 0 for 11 (.000 avg.) with an OBP totaling .083 & 5 K's. The only time he was on base, he got caught stealing. Keep that in mind - then consider this: he's 3 for 16 (.188 average) in his career against Peralta with 7 K's. It's okay to get a day off. It's okay to use him as a pinch hitter in the late innings.
July 21, 201412 yr I'm amazed at some of the criticisms. Bruce is 22 for 97 over the last 30 days. That's a .226 batting average. He sports a .265 OBP in that same time frame. Since the AS Break' date=' he's 0 for 11 (.000 avg.) with an OBP totaling .083 & 5 K's. The only time he was on base, he got caught stealing. Keep that in mind - then consider this: he's 3 for 16 (.188 average) in his career against Peralta with 7 K's. It's okay to get a day off. It's okay to use him as a pinch hitter in the late innings.[/quote'] Bruce is actually 0–15.
July 21, 201412 yr I've heard some rumblings that Bruce's leg or knee isn't healthy. Probably reinjured it running for that walk off bloop yesterday. Heard he came a long way
July 21, 201412 yr Author I just got to see the play from Sunday. That was 100% on Frazier IMO. Skip was toast from the start.
July 21, 201412 yr I just got to see the play from Sunday. That was 100% on Frazier IMO. Skip was toast from the start. Agree.
July 22, 201412 yr Bruce is in a mental funk and needs to sit even though they don't have good backup options. He even started to lose focus on defense.
July 22, 201412 yr Time after time after time this team gets runners thrown out at the plate yet they continue to run on contact. Just a stupid organization all the way around.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.