Who are the strongest Football players in the state???

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52505[/ATTACH]

The attached picture shows a little about what I discussed in my earlier post. I'm sure the Highlands and CovCath players can see a noticeable difference compared to the last time they visited. The weight room used to be a solid canary yellow color which was recently painted in a fashion that represents the stripe on their helmet. Record boards are displayed behind the GHRs, leg presses and curl/ext portion of the facility. This is one of groups from the offseason. We usually have anywhere from 8-10 groups working at one time, depending on what we are trying to accomplish in a particular day we may have two lifting sessions. This group has a fairly nice mix between upper and lowerclassmen that we strive to achieve for basic bonding purposes. Pictured with one of the SCs are two seniors (Ratliff and Workman), an incoming freshman, along with juniors Frisby and Gunner Slone.

Let me guess, guy on the far right is the incoming freshman? :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What is considered a really good strength number for a high school player in the squat, clean, bench combo? I'm thinking 1200 lbs. Is this too high or too low?
I think that's too high. Henderson Co. recognizes a 800 pound club which most years is probably around 15-20 kids, and a 1000 lb club that's usually about 5 kids or so. I'd say 1000lb's is a good mark.

Very few kids will clean more than 315. So 315 as max on a clean, still leaves you with 885 to get between a squat and bench to reach 1200. A 500lb squat & a 385lb bench to get the 885? 1200 would be pretty elite I don't think most programs would have a kid that could do that.