Mason County's Chris Lofton being inducted to Hall Of Fame!

Chris is the best pure shooter I've ever had the pleasure to watch play a high school basketball game.

He and Rick Jones from Scott County were amazing to watch from behind the arc. What I'll remember is how he played while dealing w/ the uncertainty of his cancer. It didn't get near the press that it should have, how brave he was. That was by design b/c he wanted to keep the focus on his team's season. Great leader, well earned induction.

Absolutely unflappable. One of the more amazing things I've ever seen was that triple-overtime game between Mason Co. and Trinity in the 2004 quarterfinals. That was a pretty solid Shamrock defense with some really good players on it and they couldn't find a way to shut him down.

I was looking for some old video of Chris at the sweet 16. I didnt find any but i did run across this 61 point performance he had in Turkey. Shot does not to appear to have changed one bit. :thumb: The commentary is in turkish and the only thing i could understand was Chris Lofton, but none the less its still a good video.

Chris Lofton 61 say? Casa TED Ankara Kolejliler'e - YouTube

My favorite high school basketball player of all time. A much deserved honor. :thumb:

Same here and there is no one in second place. This guy was a joy to watch,never missed too many MC games while he was playing. The Trinity and Ballard games in the State Tournament were classics. Watched every Tennessee game that I could for those 4 years. I know this is a strange comparison, but I knew Chris and Heather French before they became who they are and some people you just know they are destined, they're just special. I get a sense of something when am around RP and Mcpapa as well.:idunno:

He really made Tubby look silly for not recruiting him, particularly every time he played against Kentucky!

Pleasure to watch and always conducted himself with class.

There was quite the anti-Tubby backlash here in Maysville.

But I always understood the decision. Tubby had already recruited his guards.